Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2018, 01:42 PM   #6421
hcap

The bible is a great map. But so is the Bhagavad Gita, the Kabbalah, Zen koans, and oral traditions passed down from teacher to pupil..

They all must be witnessed and verified inside.

Last edited by hcap; 05-02-2018 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:45 PM   #6422
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
The bible is a great map. But so is the Bhagavad Gita, the Kabbalah, Zen koans, and oral traditions passed down from teacher to pupil..

They all must be witnessed and verified inside.
The blind cannot follow any map. You're as lost now as the day you were born.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:10 AM   #6423
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Where was God supposed to set up this orphanage?
How about Hawaii? This would have been about 2000 years before the Polynesians showed up.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:49 AM   #6424
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
How about Hawaii? This would have been about 2000 years before the Polynesians showed up.
Siberia would have been better. The kiddies could have been brought up by polar bears.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:18 AM   #6425
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Siberia would have been better.
Ever read Dante?
Old 05-03-2018, 09:26 AM   #6426
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Swampland?
Old 05-03-2018, 10:59 AM   #6427
boxcar

Quote:
Swampland?
How 'bout in your backyard?

Oh...bible verse of the day for you:

Deut 25:19
19 When the Lord your God gives you rest from all the enemies around you in the land he is giving you to possess as an inheritance, you shall blot out the memory of Amalek from under heaven. Do not forget!
NIV

So stick that verse on your map after you allegorize it, of course, and then stick the map in your ear.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:05 AM   #6428
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
How 'bout in your backyard?
I'm not the fool who asked "Where was God supposed to set up this orphanage?"

You babbled that in a brilliant insight of literal biblical lunacy.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:47 AM   #6429
boxcar

Quote:
I'm not the fool who asked "Where was God supposed to set up this orphanage?"

You babbled that in a brilliant insight of literal biblical lunacy.
But my rhetorical question was in response to your idiotic suggestion that Israel should have gone to their neighbors and dumped all the kiddies on them -- totally forgetting that all their [wicked] neighbors were their enemies who they were going to dispossess from the Land!
Old 05-03-2018, 11:53 AM   #6430
hcap

Why should I expect you to remember a discussion of a few days back?. That is not what I said or we discussed.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:01 PM   #6431
boxcar

Quote:
Why should I expect you to remember a discussion of a few days back?. That is not what I said or we discussed.
Go back and check. It is indeed what we disc ussed! My question put to you was both rhetorical and sarcastic due to your ignorance of the scriptures and your lousy memory.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:19 PM   #6432
hcap

Quote:
Go back and check. It is indeed what we disc ussed! My question put to you was both rhetorical and sarcastic due to your ignorance of the scriptures and your lousy memory.
You just said "your response to my idiotic suggestion that Israel should have gone to their neighbors and dumped all the kiddies on them"

No, bunky, I saidf your lame god could have
1-rather than murdering Amalekite's infants, Jews could have adopted them instead.
You then babbled
Quote:
And besides, I don't think welfare was invented either back then. I'm sure they would have had to pay some other nation on an annual basis to take care of the kids. Altruism wasn't very much in vogue back then either.
2-You said
Quote:
So...God was supposed to follow his own rules...by adopting infants rather than "murdering" them?

3-Now you claim I said Israel should have gone to their neighbors and dumped all the kiddies on them

Never said that. Or quote me where I did.

QED
Old 05-03-2018, 12:55 PM   #6433
boxcar

Quote:
You just said "your response to my idiotic suggestion that Israel should have gone to their neighbors and dumped all the kiddies on them"

No, bunky, I saidf your lame god could have
1-rather than murdering Amalekite's infants, Jews could have adopted them instead.
You then babbled

2-You said
3-Now you claim I said Israel should have gone to their neighbors and dumped all the kiddies on them

Never said that. Or quote me where I did.

QED
This is the LUNACY you wrote in 6403:

I am VERY sick of your stupid answers, that is when you are not diverting to other nonsense.

Btw, even if your god did not trust the Jews to raise the Amalekite's infants, somewhere else in the world, another people could have taken them in. Even your god did not have to hover endlessly over only one tribal state. Or be ignorant of other continents.

And quit diverting. What about the Amalekite's animals?

So..."another people could have taken them in..." -- as though the ancient Israelites could have packed all the kiddies into their C5M Super Duper Jumbo Transports and airdropped them over where... Incasville? Or did you have some other "people" in mind?

Your mind is so shot, you cannot remember what you wrote! Either that or you're a bad liar.
Old 05-03-2018, 03:51 PM   #6434
hcap

I did not say the Jews would drop them off on their neighbors.
Rather your ridiculous all knowing all powerful could have pilled some cosmic strings and he could have dropped them off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
god did not trust the Jews to raise the Amalekite's infants, somewhere else in the world, another people could have taken them in. Even your god did not have to hover endlessly over only one tribal state. Or be ignorant of other continents.
Then you said
Quote:
"So...God was supposed to follow his own rules...by adopting infants rather than "murdering" them?
So Actot and I suggested some locals.

That's how we got to Hawaii and Swampland bunky.

Last edited by hcap; 05-03-2018 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:42 PM   #6435
boxcar

Quote:
I did not say the Jews would drop them off on their neighbors.
Rather your ridiculous all knowing all powerful could have pilled some cosmic strings and he could have dropped them off.
Then you said So Actot and I suggested some locals.

That's how we got to Hawaii and Swampland bunky.
But that's not what you said in your 6403. You just asked (to paraphrase), "Couldn't some other people have taken them?" As though Israel was surrounded by friendly nations who were just itchin' for someone to fill up their vacant orphanages, right?

Remember: God wanted to blot out the name of the Amalekites from the earth. That was his intention. That was his very specific orders to Israel. That was his judgment upon those people. Spare no one. Spare nothing! Exterminate them all!

Did not God destroy all human life during the Flood, save for eight people? Do you think when the rains came and the fountains of the deep opened up, that no infants or children or pregnant were killed? The judgment on the Amalekites was nothing compared to the extent of the judgment of mankind during Noah's day.