Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-28-2023, 10:23 AM   #31
davew

Tucker started going against the top R's in power ... McConnell, McDaniel

Tucker started going against BigPharma and their unneeded drugs and vaccines

Tucker started going against never ending wars and conflicts

the world can not have the most viewed opinion host spewing such reasoning otherwise the population might revolt
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2023, 10:40 AM   #32
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
No, he didn't say or infer that at all. He was, as you put it, "rabble rousing" and pretty much exactly said they were being leveraged by Democrats to increase their voting bloc. He said nothing about Jews during that segment or made any explicit or implicit anti-Semitic remarks.

Kanye West appeared on his show BEFORE he went down the rabbit hole publicly and started spewing his now recent infamous anti-Semitic remarks.

There is talk that the interview was edited where they took out some anti-Semitic remarks before airing the interview. That of course remains to be proven, as no official statement has been made to that effect. I can certainly believe Kanye West made statements during that interview that could have or would have been interpreted as anti-Semitic...he's been prone to such things over the years.
Yea. And Kanye did eventually (days? weeks? later (i forget), but not on the show) start tweeting and saying some legitimately vile/disturbing shit.

That was all 'Ye as an individual, far outside the context of Carlson.

I can see how the edited remark that Hanukah school celebrations >>>> Kwanza will be interpreted as antisemitic by more sensitive standards, but I don't consider that 'hate speech'. Lets's be real. And on the flipside... If "KANYE WEST!" or Will Smith or Michael Jordan or whoever is hosting Kwanza stuff at my kid's school, even if my kid's are Jewish or whatever it will be pretty interesting and cool to check out and I'm sure it will not be impoverished.
Starts to get silly... I'm not stupid, I get where the remarks can be interpreted with sensitivity and objection. But they supposedly edited it out! It wasn't (to my knowledge) even shown on the show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Tucker started going against the top R's in power ... McConnell, McDaniel

Tucker started going against BigPharma and their unneeded drugs and vaccines

Tucker started going against never ending wars and conflicts

the world can not have the most viewed opinion host spewing such reasoning otherwise the population might revolt
that's kinda along the lines of where I'm wondering/guessing that maybe he was 'too good' and too talented at what he was doing and the success was a little bit out of 'balance' with the (don't say 'engineering' lol) "broadcast".

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 04-28-2023 at 10:43 AM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2023, 10:51 PM   #33
lex

I have been a Tucker fan since his MSNBC show but I have to say I think he has changed in a bad way. I also say that as someone who knows all of these commentary guys are full of it and I expect that.

I wouldn't be shocked that Tucker decided that he was to big to fail. This guy went on a rant along with others at Fox that got us into wearing masks. A year later he went on a rant saying everyone always knew we shouldn't wear masks. So he thinks his audience is dumb or too senile to remember things. Also I always wanted to know if that germaphobe Trump actually pushed Fox to go on that weird push.

He did that idiotic Jan 6 stuff including that grifter Ali Alexander. Do some research on the people you're putting on. Then the Kanye stuff and Andrew Tate. Also remember that time he did an entire segment bashing Shep Smith which was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever seen. If he disagrees with a colleague or another shows segment he can just do his own thing and there was no need for that nonsense. That's definitely thinking others should bow to you.

The biggest kicker for me was him taking a random video off Twitter of a person with a NYC patch on his jacket taking a political sign down before the election. Because Tucker doesn't fact check and clearly isn't often around city workers he assumed it was a cop. Also he missed that very obvious park bench so 99% chance this sign was placed illegally. He played it, yelled about it and said NYPD owes everyone answers. Now maybe it's me but I think that a Fox news employee would have easy access to a PIO to get the answers before blasting that out. Some random city worker doing their job was blasted out to his millions of viewers. Nice job.

I heard his interview with Megyn Kelly a while ago and he talks about how he actually avoids media. Well that seems to have divorced him from any sense and he's turned into a boomer grandma on facebook who believes everything. Or he just really trusts his staff and they're out to get him or idiots themselves. Also he got boring once he stopped debating people and just had people on to agree with him.
lex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2023, 11:05 PM   #34
fast4522

It is just business, he is a millionaire so he can squawk and squawk and squawk. And grown men will squawk with him, whatever. It is not his product I did not care for, he was like Cumla to me always laughing. I get the same stuff with a different voice on Newsmax.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-28-2023, 11:18 PM   #35
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
It is just business, he is a millionaire so he can squawk and squawk and squawk. And grown men will squawk with him, whatever. It is not his product I did not care for, he was like Cumla to me always laughing. I get the same stuff with a different voice on Newsmax.
What or who is Cumla?
Old 04-29-2023, 07:46 AM   #36
woodtoo

Tuckers two- minute video on Twitter had 72.2 million views in 24 hours. The entire cable news industry had 53.1 million views in the same 24 hour period. April 26.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7942.jpg (82.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 04-29-2023, 12:41 PM   #37
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

There is no doubt TC will be back somewhere...there are plenty of people out there willing to throw a lot of money behind him because they know he will make them plenty of money in return.

The question is...where...

My guess is he starts his own thing. Whatever that may be.

No way he goes to something like Newsmax or OAN...and no way he goes to work for some sort of Trump media start-up...he's way too smart to do a dumb thing like that.
Old 04-29-2023, 07:13 PM   #38
davew

too bad FOX may not be back ... too many alternatives and they pissed off half of their viewers.

later last week they were even behind MSNBC and CNN in viewership
Old 04-29-2023, 07:16 PM   #39
46zilzal
velocitician

Could it be that a racist A-HOLE finally stepped over the line 10 times too many even to his bosses?
Old 04-29-2023, 07:23 PM   #40
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Calling BS here.

You cannot cite one single racist comment he ever made.
Old 04-29-2023, 07:28 PM   #41
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Could it be that a racist A-HOLE finally stepped over the line 10 times too many even to his bosses?
The problem is recognition, both of you are so far apart that there is no room for either to be "middle of the road ever". One year from now both of you will have the same things going on when This guy TC will land on his feet making more than all of us combined. The focus is not a problem for everyone.
Old 04-29-2023, 07:33 PM   #42
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Calling BS here.

You cannot cite one single racist comment he ever made.
That is because people who call others racist are the biggest assholes of all. I remember when someone called TJ's Dad a racist, it was like he was calling all of us racist. I am glad that POS is no longer here, but I do miss posting with the other guy.
Old 04-29-2023, 08:43 PM   #43
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
COME ON MAN, he's SEXIST .....

wait, are talking about Don Lemon?
Old 04-30-2023, 01:02 PM   #44
davew

OANN, Nesmax, Blaz, RT all are interested in getting Tucker

some are now suggesting ESG and many corporations' refusal to advertise on his show may have helped get him taken off the air.
Old 04-30-2023, 01:28 PM   #45
MutuelClerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
COME ON MAN, he's SEXIST .....

wait, are talking about Don Lemon?
Don Lemon strikes me as a modern day Ted Baxter. Far from smart but was exactly what CNN was looking for. Not reading cue cards and going off script led to his demise.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply