Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 12-27-2018, 12:48 PM   #1
Robert Fischer
clean money

Santa Anita HD replays??

Not having any luck.

S.A. website race replays section is awful.

I needed an app to view them, and they turned out to be the low-def Roberts version (with a advertisement bar on top).

Am I missing something?

I logged into calracing but it says my account needs to be 'verified' and they haven't answered that request or the email to 'support'.

Am I missing something?

Organizing for this season, and Santa Anita is probably the 2nd most focused of six tracks that I do.

Am I supposed to use low def replays from my ADW, - or this shitty S.A. website?

You ****ing kidding me?

Please tell me there is a plug-in or or some series of button pushes to bring this into HD
Old 12-27-2018, 01:00 PM   #2
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
Not having any luck.

S.A. website race replays section is awful.

I needed an app to view them, and they turned out to be the low-def Roberts version (with a advertisement bar on top).

Am I missing something?

I logged into calracing but it says my account needs to be 'verified' and they haven't answered that request or the email to 'support'.

Am I missing something?

Organizing for this season, and Santa Anita is probably the 2nd most focused of six tracks that I do.

Am I supposed to use low def replays from my ADW, - or this shitty S.A. website?

You ****ing kidding me?

Please tell me there is a plug-in or or some series of button pushes to bring this into HD
You can get the stakes races on Youtube, but that is about it as far as I know.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-27-2018, 01:10 PM   #3
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
You can get the stakes races on Youtube, but that is about it as far as I know.
Thanks CJ.

Yea... What's up with that?

Del Mar has excellent HD race replays for all races (on site, but seem to possibly be from Youtube, haven't needed to check).

NYRA has excellent HD replays for all races with the both head-on and pan, as well as a solid Youtube site including valuable expert stakes analysis from Andy Serling.

Gulfstream has excellent race replays for all races on Youtube, including a convenient recap show of every race on file each race day.

Oaklawn, Tampa, Fairgrounds - ?? I haven't got that far yet, for the sake of this bitching session; I assume that they have wonderful HD replays for all races for their upcoming meet.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 12-27-2018 at 01:12 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-27-2018, 01:27 PM   #4
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
Thanks CJ.

Yea... What's up with that?

Del Mar has excellent HD race replays for all races (on site, but seem to possibly be from Youtube, haven't needed to check).

NYRA has excellent HD replays for all races with the both head-on and pan, as well as a solid Youtube site including valuable expert stakes analysis from Andy Serling.

Gulfstream has excellent race replays for all races on Youtube, including a convenient recap show of every race on file each race day.

Oaklawn, Tampa, Fairgrounds - ?? I haven't got that far yet, for the sake of this bitching session; I assume that they have wonderful HD replays for all races for their upcoming meet.
Del Mar is also on Youtube, every race.

As for Oaklawn, Tampa, Fair Grounds...no. The attached image shows the sites I've found on Youtube. Those in the red box have all races posted. The others have either stakes races, a few, or none.

Attached Images
File Type: png Youtube.png (9.9 KB, 33 views)
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-27-2018, 02:53 PM   #5
ultracapper

I used to have excellent eye sight. Watching calracing.com for the past 15 years has toasted them. I'm 55 and they were probably due to start deteriorating a little any, but I know that watching those low def replays sure hasn't done me any good.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-27-2018, 05:52 PM   #6
GMB@BP

I bitch to them every year, either they dont get it or dont care. Stupid really.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-27-2018, 10:52 PM   #7
freehouse2002

There is a way to get it for a small yearly $12. If you have a roku or fire stick, you can download the rtn app. Sign-up at rtn.tv and look for the cal racing option which provides live streaming of cal racing and next day replays. Races are in hd as all non-fair Cali tracks have hd now. Not a free solution, but not really expensive if it’ll be one of the tracks in your rotation.

You can also access the service online via laptop or tablet, but love watching it on my tv. I pay for the $15 monthly option that provides all tracks (minus churchill tracks, more on that in a bit) plus replays. Worth it to me to not hear the talking heads over at tvg.

As an aside, I stumbled upon Churchill downs live on Roku/firestick. It’s free and streams the remaining three churchill tracks. You can essentially watch replays, but it is not broken down by race; rather it is the complete video file of the race day simulcast. Still, this now allows me to watch those tracks if I so desire. Sorry for the long-winded response. I hope you or anyone else finds this useful.

freehouse2002
freehouse2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-28-2018, 11:34 AM   #8
ultracapper

Excellent info.
Old 12-28-2018, 01:16 PM   #9
Mulerider

The RTN deal is pretty nice. You can search replays by track, date, or horse's name. And you see the chart of each race as well. I splurged and subscribed to the $25 per month online deal, which lets you access all replays, less Churchill tracks (usually within just a few minutes of a race's conclusion), and gives you live streaming as well. For live racing it has a "multi-player" option that lets you switch back and forth between three tracks instantly.
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2018, 01:18 AM   #10
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulerider View Post
The RTN deal is pretty nice. You can search replays by track, date, or horse's name. And you see the chart of each race as well. I splurged and subscribed to the $25 per month online deal, which lets you access all replays, less Churchill tracks (usually within just a few minutes of a race's conclusion), and gives you live streaming as well. For live racing it has a "multi-player" option that lets you switch back and forth between three tracks instantly.

I'll have to check this out. May ask more questions in this thread or via PM.

Going to google the firestick roku stuff also , thanks FREEHOUSE.

For now I'm currently using Twinspires' lower quality replays along with charts. Get's the job done, but HD options are a better tool/instrument...
Old 12-29-2018, 01:39 AM   #11
GBL

If you are only interested in TBs, you can choose $15/month subscription at RTN for all available TB live stream and unlimited replays (the same days) -- except CDI-owned tracks.

$25 is for ALL TRACKS (TB, greyhounds, Jai Alai). $15 is for TBs only.

Last edited by GBL; 12-29-2018 at 01:41 AM. Reason: correction
GBL is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2018, 08:25 AM   #12
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBL View Post
If you are only interested in TBs, you can choose $15/month subscription at RTN for all available TB live stream and unlimited replays (the same days) -- except CDI-owned tracks.

$25 is for ALL TRACKS (TB, greyhounds, Jai Alai). $15 is for TBs only.
Appreciate that! Went to the subscription page and don't remember seeing all those options when I signed up two or three years ago. I'm changing mine to TBs only.
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2019, 09:16 AM   #13
spiketoo

FTR, RTN customer service tho responsive, can be clueless at times.

Their site lists the Arc as one of their int'l races. Pinged them the day before and asked if they'd show the full card and they said yes. Of course, day-of and nothing. They then responded that DISH was only providing them the Arc feed. Found that answer strange as I thought RTN provided the feed to DISH.

Always looking for a solid US feed of Euro races other than TVGs abbreviated offerings. I do use a UK service but have to use a VPN as they geoblock and while I do have a myriad of geo servers to choose from, some can be slower than others at times.
spiketoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2019, 01:20 PM   #14
ultracapper

Watching the backstretch portion of the race in HD is 10x better than not. You can see the jocks hands much, much better.
Old 01-05-2019, 01:59 PM   #15
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper View Post
Watching the backstretch portion of the race in HD is 10x better than not. You can see the jocks hands much, much better.
Haha

Yea, first time HD and doing the pan and head-on in the NYRA https://www.nyra.com/saratoga/racing/replays ...

"the jocks have hands?!"

lol

you can see urging or rating etc...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: