Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-18-2023, 09:20 PM   #31
azeri98
Registered User
 
azeri98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Look no one forces women into anything, people are free to move to Canada to be with the socialists or any state that better suits them. Your value system is not needed down here in these United States. You pop up like a nasty fly looking to feed for your short time to fly. All of this backfires and you go away to decay as father time intends for you.
You're hilarious, your country is going socialist. There is nothing United about your States. It's never been more divisive than it is now.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-18-2023, 09:21 PM   #32
azeri98
Registered User
 
azeri98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Don't worry...many of the people in charge here worship your country, so all this stuff isn't too far off.

Many see that idiot tool you call a Prime Minister as some sort of hero.
I don't, Trudeau is an idiot but people up here vote for him. I don't understand it myself, but you're right your country is quickly moving to becoming a socialist country
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-18-2023, 09:25 PM   #33
azeri98
Registered User
 
azeri98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
It looks like federal law is 21 for buying handguns from federally licensed sellers as in at a gun store, many states do not allow private sales.


It looks like 7 states the law is 21 for handguns, rifles, and shotguns.


I just counted to 7 off a list I found.


Honestly, gun laws, especially those effecting purchases have no effect on crimes using guns and homicides in this country. I have lived as a gun owner in two states, California and Virginia, that are on both ends of the gun law spectrum. California gun laws are some of the toughest in the land, and get tougher by the day. Virginia's gun laws are about as lax as can be the only requirement a buyer needs for a private sale is a valid state I.D. and to be 18. I can shoot sitting on my back porch, gun fire is heard daily here from target shooters and hunters. In California areas where shooting is allowed is constantly shrinking. If you compare murder rates between the two states they are very similar.
I disagree, you're country has very liberal gun laws compared to most other nations and your gun crimes and violence is much higher than said counties. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the correlation.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-18-2023, 11:56 PM   #34
fast4522
Registered User
 
fast4522's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 14,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
I disagree, you're country has very liberal gun laws compared to most other nations and your gun crimes and violence is much higher than said counties. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the correlation.
But in the end it is none of your business. When things are looked at about deaths because of car crash, fentanyl overdoses, and a whole host of other things the United States Constitution shines and will continue to long after you are gone.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2023, 01:07 AM   #35
davew
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 22,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
I disagree, you're country has very liberal gun laws compared to most other nations and your gun crimes and violence is much higher than said counties. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the correlation.
exactly criminals using guns in crimes need to be put in jail for a long time, not let go that afternoon - some countries just make it a capital offense and quickly put them to death
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2023, 08:58 AM   #36
azeri98
Registered User
 
azeri98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
But in the end it is none of your business. When things are looked at about deaths because of car crash, fentanyl overdoses, and a whole host of other things the United States Constitution shines and will continue to long after you are gone.
Not many people use cars as weapons, nor fentanyl. Guns however are used as weapons to kill people on purpose. Big difference but lets not pretend your narrow mind could ever figure that out. Keep that tight grip on your guns. I've never seen a country with so much that lives in perpetual fear. Mindboggling
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2023, 10:18 AM   #37
MargieRose
Registered User
 
MargieRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
Not many people use cars as weapons, nor fentanyl. Guns however are used as weapons to kill people on purpose. Big difference but lets not pretend your narrow mind could ever figure that out. Keep that tight grip on your guns. I've never seen a country with so much that lives in perpetual fear. Mindboggling
The increase in mass shootings and gun violence in general in the U.S. is a fairly new phenomena. Not long ago, it was pretty much unheard of. Why do you think that is?

And, why do you think that more recently, as well, many feel it is necessary to keep an even tighter grip on our guns?

.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2023, 10:54 AM   #38
JustRalph
Just another Facist
 
JustRalph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Now in Houston
Posts: 52,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
Not many people use cars as weapons, nor fentanyl. Guns however are used as weapons to kill people on purpose. Big difference but lets not pretend your narrow mind could ever figure that out. Keep that tight grip on your guns. I've never seen a country with so much that lives in perpetual fear. Mindboggling
Gun crimes have nothing to do with “fear”

Canada has 1.5 million blacks. The U.S. 35 million. Committing over 35% of violent crimes. The inner cities in the U.S. have no comparison in Canada. Add in the Latino gangs and gun violence in the U.S. is very hard to compare with anything in Canada.

Btw, we have the right to our weapons for one reason only. To be able to protect ourselves from our government. Bottom line.

When Trudeau decides to put his boot on your throat even more…..he knows you cannot do a damn thing about it.

The U.S. has lost its will to do anything anyway, so it really not much different here. The government rolls over us too……

Btw, our societal changes over the last 50 yrs are what has bred the fear in the citizenry……it’s real. Our blue states and inner city leaders perpetuate the conditions that cause our citizens to fear nowadays. Rampant crime is forgiven now.
__________________
WE ARE THE DUMBEST COUNTRY ON THE PLANET!
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2023, 11:06 AM   #39
Inner Dirt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 12,693
We will send all the rap music acts, plus black and brown street gangs to Canada and see what that does to homicide rates north of our border. The issue is we have the criminal friendly Democrat, mayor-DA combo in a lot of our major cities that are gang infested. Also half our population is deluded into thinking career criminals can be rehabilitated. Catch and release should be for fishing only, not for violent criminals.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2023, 11:48 AM   #40
azeri98
Registered User
 
azeri98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
The increase in mass shootings and gun violence in general in the U.S. is a fairly new phenomena. Not long ago, it was pretty much unheard of. Why do you think that is?

And, why do you think that more recently, as well, many feel it is necessary to keep an even tighter grip on our guns?

.
Probably because society has become worse. I'm not sure, a lot of angry misguided people out there. More reason to limit the access to guns. Look I agree especially in the U.S you should have a gun but do really really need military weapons that can kill a lot of people in a short period of time. You can't tell me that you need a military assault rifle to defend yourselves. I can't imagine when the founders put in right to bear arms into the constitution that they could foresee the type of weaponry available to citizens today. They had muskets and flintlock pistols
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2023, 11:58 AM   #41
azeri98
Registered User
 
azeri98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Gun crimes have nothing to do with “fear”

Canada has 1.5 million blacks. The U.S. 35 million. Committing over 35% of violent crimes. The inner cities in the U.S. have no comparison in Canada. Add in the Latino gangs and gun violence in the U.S. is very hard to compare with anything in Canada.

Btw, we have the right to our weapons for one reason only. To be able to protect ourselves from our government. Bottom line.

When Trudeau decides to put his boot on your throat even more…..he knows you cannot do a damn thing about it.

The U.S. has lost its will to do anything anyway, so it really not much different here. The government rolls over us too……

Btw, our societal changes over the last 50 yrs are what has bred the fear in the citizenry……it’s real. Our blue states and inner city leaders perpetuate the conditions that cause our citizens to fear nowadays. Rampant crime is forgiven now.
Ok so you're blaming blacks? You said they commit 35% of the Violent crimes. They usually do it to each other. Does that mean whites are responsible for 60%? Why do you let them off the hook? Is it just the blue states that perpetuate fear? No the red states do it too. Fear the people of color and immigrants, Fear China and Russia. The Democrats will take your guns make your kids transgender. Both sides stoke fear. That's how they keep control. How has Trudeau put a boot on my throat? I hate the guy but he's never done anything to me.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2023, 12:05 PM   #42
azeri98
Registered User
 
azeri98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,934
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
We will send all the rap music acts, plus black and brown street gangs to Canada and see what that does to homicide rates north of our border. The issue is we have the criminal friendly Democrat, mayor-DA combo in a lot of our major cities that are gang infested. Also half our population is deluded into thinking career criminals can be rehabilitated. Catch and release should be for fishing only, not for violent criminals.
We have blacks and street gangs here to. Its easy to blame the blacks for everything. They usually kill each other so why are white people so afraid? 80 % of whites are killed by whites and 80% of blacks are killed by blacks. If you're white you should be more afraid of being killed by a white person. If you are a victim of a violent crime. Its 2.5 times more likely you're a victim of a white person. I'm white by the way. Just pointing out the statistics.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2023, 12:16 PM   #43
MargieRose
Registered User
 
MargieRose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
Probably because society has become worse. I'm not sure, a lot of angry misguided people out there. More reason to limit the access to guns. Look I agree especially in the U.S you should have a gun but do really really need military weapons that can kill a lot of people in a short period of time. You can't tell me that you need a military assault rifle to defend yourselves. I can't imagine when the founders put in right to bear arms into the constitution that they could foresee the type of weaponry available to citizens today. They had muskets and flintlock pistols
With a threat like this...maybe so:

"If you want to fight against the country you need an F-15, you need something a little more than a gun." Joseph Biden, President of the United States
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2023, 12:31 PM   #44
Inner Dirt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 12,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
We have blacks and street gangs here to. Its easy to blame the blacks for everything. They usually kill each other so why are white people so afraid? 80 % of whites are killed by whites and 80% of blacks are killed by blacks. If you're white you should be more afraid of being killed by a white person. If you are a victim of a violent crime. Its 2.5 times more likely you're a victim of a white person. I'm white by the way. Just pointing out the statistics.

You are twisting things, first you state our homicide rates are high and I state what causes it here that isn't prevalent in other countries with lower homicide rates. Whether blacks mostly kill each other is irrelevant to our homicide rates. The city of Los Angles has an estimated 450 street gangs with an estimated 36,000 members.


Montreal which is larger than Los Angeles has 30 with an estimated 500 members


Looks like we probably have more gang members in one city than you have in your whole country.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2023, 12:33 PM   #45
Inner Dirt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 12,693
A lot of gang members and the drugs that kill people and they kill over originate south of the border. Let Canada share a 2,000 mile border with Mexico and see what happens.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2023 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.