Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 03-18-2023, 06:54 AM   #1
Teach

Aqueduct: Saturday, March18

Race One:

1 Mile. ‘MC 25000 Purse $35,000 FOR MAIDENS, THREE YEARS OLD AND UPWARD FOALED IN NEW YORK STATE.

I like the horse, but I particularly like this bay's name: VOLCKER RULES. Yes, with the Fed meeting next week in one of the most important decisions as to interest rates in many a year hanging in the balance, how can you not be intrigued by this 3-year-old colt's name. Were this colt's "connections," Brady Horse Racing and Rusba V. Stables, clairvoyant? The colt's trainer is David Donk (He must be pleased with the Jets imminent signing of Aaron Rodgers). The DRF has opined: "Never close in 2 career starts." But wait. Wait just a minute. Let's look at those two starts. In his "maiden voyage" this Speightstown-bred broke a step slow. That appeared to compromise his chances of hitting the board. This Central Banker's next race featured a large field. This colt never seemed to get untracked. I might add that that race was in MSW company. Alack and alas, he's been dropped into a 25k claimer; this company should be more to his liking. Jose Gomez reprises the ride. I'm looking for a better outcome. Oh, the name. The only thing better would be: Powell's Decision. Others: , , .

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-18-2023, 07:20 AM   #2
Teach

Race Two:

In the second half of the early-double, a 7-panels, 16k, n2L, I've landed on PATRICK THE GREAT. This 5-year-old horse "broke his maiden" nearly two months ago. That was against 25k claiming company. This Bellamy Road-bred should be "livin' it up while he's going down" against this 16k company; yet he'll now be facing "winners." "The Cajun" (Love that zydeco music), Kendrick Carmouche, is in the irons. The last time "Louisiana Lightning" was aboard, he took this horse wire-to-wire. As far as being en vacciones, one of Racine's finest, trainer Linda Rice, does well in that "layoff" category. By the way, Rice is having an exceptional Aqueduct meet. If you're looking Saint Elsewhere, you might consider: , ,

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 03-18-2023, 07:36 AM   #3
Teach

Race Three:

In this 6-furlongs, 62.5 OC, n2x, I'm going with the outside horse, UNSOLVED MYSTERY. "DD," Dylan Davis, is in the irons for trainer Bill Morey. Morey does well with horses entered in sprints. I believe the slight "cut-back" to six panels enhances this filly's chances of gracing the "Big A's" winner's circle. This 4-year-old bay has "hit the board" in 9 out of 14 tries. Others: , , .

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 03-18-2023, 07:47 AM   #4
Teach

Race Four:

In this one-mile, 25k, n2L, I've landed on LOOSE GOOSE. There's a lot to like about this 4-year-old bay colt, not the least of which is his jockey, Carolina, Puerto Rico's Manny Franco; his trainer, the Hall-of-Famer from "Big D," Todd Pletcher, and the fact that this Unbridled's Song-bred has faced much better. In fact, this Pulpit-bred is dropping into "the selling ranks" for the very first time. Class-wise, this colt appears to tower over the field. Others: , , .

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 03-18-2023, 07:57 AM   #5
Teach

Race Five:

In this one mile, 50k Allowance, I've selected DIAMOND COLLECTOR.
"El Panemeno," Jose Lezcano, has the call for trainer Carlos Martin. This 4-year-old filly should be out-and-going when the gates unlatch. She'll likely be playing "catch-me-if-you-can." Last time, in this company, this gal finished 2nd. Any slight improvement... I should mention that today's added two panels should help. Others: , , .

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 03-18-2023, 08:08 AM   #6
Teach

Race Six:

DREAM ON CARA is my pick in this 70k state-bred 7-furlongs sprint. This Speightstown-bred bay filly showed improvement in her last in this company. She's most capable of improving off of that effort. Eric Cancel has the call for trainer Mitchell Friedman. Today's slight "cut-back" should help. So too, a recent, solid morning-work in which this filly breezed 4 panels in :48.4. Others: , ,

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 03-18-2023, 08:21 AM   #7
Teach

Race Seven:

In this 8k, one-mile claimer, I'm picking SWIFT TAP. This 4-year-old Tapit-bred has faced so much better throughout his career. He holds a distinct class-edge over most of these. "The Olde Sod's" Michelle Nevin trains this Harlan's Holiday-bred. Nevin does very very well with horses dropping 2+ racing categories. Jose Gomez is in the irons. A recent solid morning-work, :47.2 breezing for four panels, bolsters confidence. Others" , , .

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 03-18-2023, 08:29 AM   #8
Teach

Race Eight:

In this one-mile, 45k OC, n2x, I've selected the Mark Hennig-trained entry: /, FULL MOON FEVER/OUSTER. I believe that either horse has a chance of gracing Aqueduct's winner's circle. I particularly like the FULL MOON FEVER. This 5-year-old Mineshaft-bred is dropping. He should find current company much to his liking. If you're looking elsewhere: , ,

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 03-18-2023, 08:37 AM   #9
Teach

Race Nine:

In the 6-furlongs, 100k, Cicada Stakes, I've landed on long-shot, FANCY AZTECA. I see this as a wide-open race. There's a lot of early speed. I looked for a "closer." I believe this Linda Rice-trainee fits the bill. "DD," Dylan Davis, has the call. I should mention that Linda does very well w/horses 3rd off a layoff. A solid morning-work enhances confidence. Others: , , .

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 03-18-2023, 08:47 AM   #10
Teach

Race Ten:

In the nightcap, a state-bred 70k MSW 7-panels sprint, I'm picking MUDVILLE NINE. In this case, I don't think that "Mighty Casey" is going to strike out. Trevor McCarthy's in the irons for trainer Mike Trombetta. This Hard Spun-bred should improve off his 3rd place finish against similar, his first pari-mutuel start. This Danzig-bred 3-year-old recently breezed 4-furlongs in :48.2. Others: , , .

"David and Lisa" (1962)