Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-23-2023, 04:19 PM   #16
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
The key word is oversees. The Federal government isn’t some podunk machine shop in backwoods Virginia. Despite what you think or don’t think, Secretary Buttigieg is highly competent.

So you insult my business because I point out the incompetence of Mayor Pete? What is with all you lefties that act like your politicians are sacred?
It is like I made a negative comment about Mohamed to a Muslim. For the record in my podunk machine shop I am working on prototypes for medical devices that will be used in heart surgery, I am working with an engineering team from a medical device manufacturing company that mostly does design work. They will even change designs with my input, respect from high end engineers in the medical field must be earned. Since becoming podunk my work has become a lot more complicated.

When I was in SoCal with a half dozen employees it was mostly mass producing parts that were simple to machine of my own design, for our own products.

A podunk shop owner needs quite the variety of skills as competent outside help is expensive and hard to find. Hiring a CNC service tech here is $1200-$2000 just to show up and a crap shoot, I do my own repairs, self taught mind you. You will find some of the most highly well rounded skilled trades people running small business. Sorry your insult doesn't fly here.

As for Mayor Pete, he is highly competent, in your opinion? Since you know damn near nothing about anything, your opinion counts for zero. Here is what I know about Mayor Pete, he blamed Trump era roll backs of ECP brakes for the train crash in East Palestine Ohio, brakes did not derail that train and brakes cannot help when cars start derailing.

The finding of the NTSB blamed wheel bearing failure for the above mentioned derailment, closer than Mayor Pete, but still wrong as train cars don't have wheel bearings, the bearings are on the axles, the wheels are pressed on the axles.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2023, 04:23 PM   #17
Inner Dirt

Quote:
The key word is oversees. The Federal government isn’t some podunk machine shop in backwoods Virginia. Despite what you think or don’t think, Secretary Buttigieg is highly competent.

The larger an entity is the easier it is to hide incompetent employees, of course if you had any private sector business experience you would know that.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2023, 08:23 PM   #18
newtothegame

Quote:
You are right sir.......They are not in Virginia!!!!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2023, 12:20 AM   #19
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
You are right sir.......They are not in Virginia!!!!
Awesome.
Old 03-24-2023, 12:22 AM   #20
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Awesome.
He sure does have a cretin reverence in the comeback.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2023, 04:07 AM   #21
davew

Quote:
This is so stupid. He’s an administrator. He has no need to know any of those things. There are hundreds, probably thousands, of people in the FAA who deal with that. I guarantee, the only reason that Congressman knew the answer was that his staff researched it and wrote out the answer.
and the nominee can't be a straight old white man for equity
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2023, 03:59 AM   #22
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: