Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-02-2018, 01:31 PM   #646
JustRalph
Just another Facist

That’s that.......your government at work

“The Broward Sheriff’s Office captain who initially took charge of the chaotic scene at a Parkland high school where 17 people were killed told deputies to form a perimeter around the deadly scene — which they did instead of going in to confront the shooter, according to a partial BSO dispatch log obtained by the Miami Herald.

Capt. Jan Jordan, commander of BSO’s Parkland district, gave the order, the log shows, identifying her by her police call sign.

Broward Sheriff Scott Israel has said BSO training and nationwide active-shooter procedure call for armed law enforcement officers to confront shooters immediately rather than secure a scene.

The document raises fresh questions about the department’s handling of the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Feb. 14.”
Old 03-02-2018, 01:37 PM   #647
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
And thanks to all the fine Democrats in Broward County who voted for Obama, for the sheriff, and for Debbie Wasserman-Schultz.

People in a democracy get the government that they deserve.
come on, Debbie Wassermann-Schultz has been helping the kids by arranging the buses to capital and all the media contacts and attention...
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2018, 01:38 PM   #648
woodtoo

As they say "sunlight is the best disinfectant" lets hope so going forward
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2018, 09:03 PM   #649
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
That’s that.......your government at work

“The Broward Sheriff’s Office captain who initially took charge of the chaotic scene at a Parkland high school where 17 people were killed told deputies to form a perimeter around the deadly scene — which they did instead of going in to confront the shooter, according to a partial BSO dispatch log obtained by the Miami Herald.

Capt. Jan Jordan, commander of BSO’s Parkland district, gave the order, the log shows, identifying her by her police call sign.

Broward Sheriff Scott Israel has said BSO training and nationwide active-shooter procedure call for armed law enforcement officers to confront shooters immediately rather than secure a scene.

The document raises fresh questions about the department’s handling of the mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Feb. 14.”
I asked before and I'll ask again. If all the above is true, and it appears that it is, why was the first deputy tagged with "didn't go in" resign so quickly, if in fact he was doing what he was told by his superiors?

That's what's so weird to me...in the days following his resignation, it became clearer and clearer that he was simply following procedure. I don't understand why he fell on his sword so quickly.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-02-2018, 09:25 PM   #650
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I asked before and I'll ask again. If all the above is true, and it appears that it is, why was the first deputy tagged with "didn't go in" resign so quickly, if in fact he was doing what he was told by his superiors?

That's what's so weird to me...in the days following his resignation, it became clearer and clearer that he was simply following procedure. I don't understand why he fell on his sword so quickly.
Close or past retirement age already and didn't want to go through department review?
Old 03-02-2018, 09:28 PM   #651
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

He was quickly suspended without pay pending an investigation, and there was no indication of anyone else in the department being looked at. He probably got really paranoid really quickly and decided to protect himself and his pension. Perhaps with legal advice.

Given what we have seen of that sheriff, would you like to take a chance that you were not going to be his scapegoat?
Old 03-02-2018, 10:45 PM   #652
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
He was quickly suspended without pay pending an investigation, and there was no indication of anyone else in the department being looked at. He probably got really paranoid really quickly and decided to protect himself and his pension. Perhaps with legal advice.

Given what we have seen of that sheriff, would you like to take a chance that you were not going to be his scapegoat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
Close or past retirement age already and didn't want to go through department review?

Ding! In some states you can lose your pension if convicted of a crime.

If he’s smart he now goes to therapy for PTSD and gets declared disabled and qualifies for a higher pension......tax free
Old 03-03-2018, 06:21 PM   #653
chadk66

how is it now days that these city and urban schools have "walk on in anytime" entrance to these schools. How are they not secure and require pass card entrance or being buzzed in by admin?
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2018, 06:27 PM   #654
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
how is it now days that these city and urban schools have "walk on in anytime" entrance to these schools. How are they not secure and require pass card entrance or being buzzed in by admin?
That would require a wall or a fence around the perimeter....
Old 03-04-2018, 08:32 AM   #655
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Ding! In some states you can lose your pension if convicted of a crime.

If he’s smart he now goes to therapy for PTSD and gets declared disabled and qualifies for a higher pension......tax free
I am only aware of what goes on with California State Employees, with medical retirement which a friend of mine just got (barely hurt, gamed the system) after working only 9 years for the state mental health system, he now actually has a higher net income from not working as he did working.

Is that common in most states? The California system was been that way for decades that I know of.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2018, 09:35 AM   #656
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
That would require a wall or a fence around the perimeter....
hell no. doors locked from entrance to the building. Many business's are that way. Have to ring to enter or have a pass card to enter. Have the doors open for one hour in the morning at start of school. After school starts doors lock. Anybody late has to be buzzed in. Simple simple.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2018, 04:38 PM   #657
JustRalph
Just another Facist

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...305-story.html

The county should dissolve after these suits are finished, because they are going to be bankrupt
Old 03-06-2018, 04:47 PM   #658
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
hell no. doors locked from entrance to the building. Many business's are that way. Have to ring to enter or have a pass card to enter. Have the doors open for one hour in the morning at start of school. After school starts doors lock. Anybody late has to be buzzed in. Simple simple.
When I was high school in 1969, ALL of our school doors were closed and locked at ALL times.

Only way in was the main door right by the office.
Pretty sure it was not to keep me inside.
Old 03-06-2018, 05:28 PM   #659
woodtoo

Quote:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...305-story.html

The county should dissolve after these suits are finished, because they are going to be bankrupt
Another Obama legacy shot down, literally this time.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2018, 08:08 PM   #660
davew

Quote:
Where I went to high school, most all rooms had 1,2 or 3 door entry/exits to outside cement and all single level. There had to be at least 300 doors opening to outside air.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: