Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-06-2020, 05:16 PM   #61
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
Didn't Midnight Bisou follow that slow figure up by getting beat by Vexatious before breaking a leg?
She lost, but she ran one of the better Beyer figures of her career. So imo if you want to say "I believe in figures 100%" you can't claim victory for her losing effort in fast time.

I wouldn't argue she wasn't as good overall at that time as her very best, but if you took that one slow figure literally IMO that was probably a misinterpretation of what she was still capable of.

IMHO, the "betting value' decisions are different than understanding how complex some of these pace/final time relationships are to figure out. I've been studying it for decades and still don't have firm answers. But I know and admit that.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 11-06-2020 at 05:22 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2020, 06:41 PM   #62
classhandicapper

Princess Noor was given a preliminary Beyer of 85 for today's race. So she improved her Beyers 6-9 points off her recent figures and maybe more than that in terms of performance when you consider she was chasing much better horses today than in those weaker races. That all seems reasonable to me.
Old 11-06-2020, 07:05 PM   #63
GMB@BP

Easily the worst contingent of california horses in the history of the BC, I would be fading them in every race all day long.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-06-2020, 07:56 PM   #64
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Easily the worst contingent of california horses in the history of the BC, I would be fading them in every race all day long.
Lost in the shuffle with all his bad press and perhaps most indicative of his reckless manner...how about Baffert entering Classier in the BC Juvenile?

The horse just made his debut only 13 days ago in a sprint and yet was wheeled backed, shipped across country, stretched to two turns, and pitted against the best juveniles in the nation in his next start. And from where I'm sitting it was all simply because he didn't have any other horse in his seemingly vast reserves to enter in the race (has he even won more than a couple maiden special weights for males this year?).

According to the results chart, stopped worse than Princess Noor, horse went from 4.5 lengths back at the stretch call to being beaten 12 lengths at the wire. Let's hope the horse isn't completely ruined.

Basically did the same with late-starting Uncle Chuck this year after he fried Nadal and Charlatan and had only Authentic to rely on in the Triple Crown (which ended up being all he needed...mostly because he nearly single handedly depleted this year's 3yo crop). Toast after 3 starts.

Didn't "raise the bar" with his entry patterns that's for sure...
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2020, 05:53 AM   #65
depalma113

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
Might be time for you to get an eye test.

Princess Noor will be remembered as the worst favorite in BC history. Terrible on her pps and just as bad on the track.

The figs don't lie....but the "eye test" does.
Jackie's Warrior says hold my beer.
depalma113 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2020, 08:01 AM   #66
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by depalma113 View Post
That will bring em out...
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2020, 09:48 AM   #67
stlseeeek

Never trust the Cali racing scene, always be skeptical of the easy dominant wins

Mediocre racing circuit.
stlseeeek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2020, 10:20 AM   #68
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by depalma113 View Post
Did you really need to confirm that you don't know how to watch a race? Jackie's Warrior ran huge.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2020, 06:44 PM   #69
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
That will bring em out...
I know the pace was really rough, but he wasn't right on it and he tired pretty badly. To my eyes he looks more like a very fast a miler that can probably stretch further in the right field or with the right trip. Then again, I thought Authentic was a middle distance horse that would have trouble with 10F.
Old 11-18-2020, 05:52 PM   #70
classhandicapper

I heard that Princess Noor is targeting the The Scarlet at Los Al on Dec 5th.

I hope that's true and she runs.

Something tells me that when you work like she did in the sales, they pay over a million, Baffert says she's special, and all the California clockers that have seen her work in company think she's really good, there's probably some talent there we haven't seen yet. A tough race against better may have been what she needed to take another step forward. If not, they'll eventually find a reason to retire her.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:20 PM   #71
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I heard that Princess Noor is targeting the The Scarlet at Los Al on Dec 5th.

I hope that's true and she runs.

Something tells me that when you work like she did in the sales, they pay over a million, Baffert says she's special, and all the California clockers that have seen her work in company think she's really good, there's probably some talent there we haven't seen yet. A tough race against better may have been what she needed to take another step forward. If not, they'll eventually find a reason to retire her.
Unless Astute shows up (and can stretch out) it will be just more of the same. She'll smoke 2 maidens and a filly that just broke her maiden (probably another Baffert) and she'll be odds-on through the Santa Anita Oaks before running out in the KY Oaks.

Actually, considering what CA has to offer on the juvenile front, she might be odds-on in the Futurity against colts even off her last race.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2020, 07:37 PM   #72
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
Unless Astute shows up (and can stretch out) it will be just more of the same. She'll smoke 2 maidens and a filly that just broke her maiden (probably another Baffert) and she'll be odds-on through the Santa Anita Oaks before running out in the KY Oaks.

Actually, considering what CA has to offer on the juvenile front, she might be odds-on in the Futurity against colts even off her last race.
Exactly and it’s not like Spielberg flattered her this weekend.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2020, 09:38 AM   #73
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
Exactly and it’s not like Spielberg flattered her this weekend.
Not that I'm a Spielberg fan, but he was so bad it's hard to imagine he ran his best race there. It's either that or his previous race was overrated.
Old 11-19-2020, 10:19 AM   #74
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Not that I'm a Spielberg fan, but he was so bad it's hard to imagine he ran his best race there. It's either that or his previous race was overrated.
I think he’s very mediocre. I’m sure he was well regarded...big purchase price, named like they thought he was special but his on track performances have not been much.

Maybe lasix will help but he will need it
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2020, 08:31 PM   #75
Afleet

Quote:
I just crushed it!
very nice; I just can't pull the trigger on these Nyquist foals for some reason. Must be something in my subconscious
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: