Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 11-14-2020, 06:24 AM   #7591
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
When I was a hospital cop I had to investigate Doctors. You learn they are just like anybody else..........real fast.
Yes, they are just like everyone else.

Except with 8-12+ years of medical training.

Let me know when you are able to distinguish between 12 different autoimmune diseases, and the categories and nuanaces of each one which have their own classificatoins......and can diagnose me.

I used to work in a plumbing company. I got to observe plumbers. You learn they are just like everyone else......real fast. But when you need someone to run gas tests on your broken pipes which are deep underground..........that's who you call. They have the training and the equipment.

Just lke your job as a hospital cop does not qualify you to do their jobs......and they coudn't do you.

I'm really not sure how your job as a hospital cop enabled to learn who are the best diagnosticians in the facility though. How is that done? In order to "evaluate" doctors, in the manner I am familiar with, requires a medical degree. What exactly did you investigate? Surgical procedures? What? What is your medical degree in?

Last edited by clicknow; 11-14-2020 at 06:32 AM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2020, 06:35 AM   #7592
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
What exactly did you investigate? Surgical procedures? What? What is your medical degree in?
Drug use. Missing Drugs. Theft. Improper credentials. Lying to patients. Domestic violence on hospital grounds. Alcohol use at the hospital and while working with patients.

Just off the top of my head. It was the late 80's early 90's
Old 11-14-2020, 07:02 AM   #7593
lamboguy

Quote:
This is the only forum I'm on where there is lock-step cheerleeding for one side and it's candidate.

You should hear how Dems pick apart the Dem (establishment) Party on my other forums.....and the Reps pick apart the Rep (establishment) Party as well.

Holding of feet to fire of our elected officials. That's realistic.

Its the inability to HAVE those discussions here, never criticize anything your party does, that makes it difficult to have authentic, meaningful conversation.
It's even become.....predictable.

It's hardly a nuanced conversation.

So please, don't lecture me about *absolute faith*.

And anybody, anybody at all, who knows me, would laugh at what you just said........I'm as far from lock-step partisan politics as you can get. You wouldn't know that becuase your comfort level is at an either/or poltical forum......if you read my screeds on Pelosi, you would know. But you won't. Because they wouldn't be appreciated for the *right reasons* here, so I don't post them.

If you guys start evaluating YOUR people candidly, then maybe I will. But that's not the deal here. It never has been.
there are 2 sides to a conversation here. left ain't no better than right and right ain't no better than left. its just a forum where people express themselves. in a perfect world we would have great leaders, but we don't live in that perfect world. the greatest thing we have in our country is our constitution, it sort of holds the differences in check.

i walk around with a brown little book that i bought from the CATO INSTITUTE. its a copy of the DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE AND CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES. i bought plenty of extra copies of them to give to people that need to read it.. if you need a copy i would be honored to send you one. its one beautiful piece of literature.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2020, 07:07 AM   #7594
clicknow

Quote:
Drug use. Missing Drugs. Theft. Improper credentials. Lying to patients. Domestic violence on hospital grounds. Alcohol use at the hospital and while working with patients.

I see. Thanks Ralf

Yes, there's been nurses and docs who have certainly been drug users. Having multiple personnel in every procedure room, is important. You have many sets of eyes.

30 years ago I had one experience where a doctor asked me some rather *dubious* questions while he was examining me. I also had one (recently!) who seemed more interested in my private / social life than he should have been? I'm very adept at swiftly dealing with them in an appropriate and immediate manner, because I know how. But I do feel sorry for people who may not be able to engage in self protection like I am.......I'm sure it can be very traumatizing.

So yes, I now understand your initial comment better.

People are crazy.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:07 AM   #7595
lamboguy

https://www.amazon.com/Constitution-...a-762143665192
Old 11-14-2020, 07:12 AM   #7596
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
if you need a copy i would be honored to send you one. its one beautiful piece of literature.
Indeed it is.

The Founding Fathers were quite intelligent persons with the ability to write the Constitution.

I'm sorry to say that the ability of some people to read it and understand what they are reading, in terms of comprehension and critiical thinking skills, are lacking though.

Sort of like how people interpret Bible verses, and why thre are so many christian flavors of churches who where i live are alway arguing w/each other.

Handing out copies may or may not enlighten everyone.

I don't need copies, but thank you. Like many poems, I can actually recite them for the most part. I think they call that photographic memory.
Old 11-14-2020, 09:00 AM   #7597
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
When you reduce a complex scientific dilemma to pablum and oversimplify, ignoring all relevant factors, is only day dreaming. And assuming anecdotal accounts of fellow posters, while laughing off all the experts in the field is self-deluded bullshit
good summation..and, as usual, we learned as this bug progressed and are still learning as NO infection is perfectly understood until all its acute and long term manifestations present themselves in enough numbers to recognize them.

I recall the first days of the AIDS epidemic before the modes of transmission were well established. Of course S.O.P was to gown and glove and take rigorous precautions.....after new information came out about transmission, many of the stringent measures were eased...Same here: early on masks were not thought required as we know now due to lack of accurate information on transmissibility.

When NEW medical conditions are discovered, it takes time to understand them....Many take years
Old 11-14-2020, 09:04 AM   #7598
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:

This is NOT as widespread as this poster suggests. I would be in agreement on some drug use (I know that older surgeons take propranolol to calm any benign familial tremor that comes with age)...

It is very tempting to write Rx for yourself, particularly non scheduled medication
Old 11-14-2020, 09:09 AM   #7599
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:

I'm really not sure how your job as a hospital cop enabled to learn who are the best diagnosticians in the facility though. How is that done? In order to "evaluate" doctors, in the manner I am familiar with, requires a medical degree. What exactly did you investigate? Surgical procedures? What? What is your medical degree in?
Internists, BEST DIAGNOSTICIANS hands down..... followed by neurologists. They are the doctor's doctors.

Down the hall a brilliant fellow, an internist (professor emeritus at the local medical school) specialized in diabetic long term care, and I used to consult with him all the time as regards diabetic limb salvage. He used to come by my office to borrow my Doppler.
Old 11-14-2020, 02:35 PM   #7600
TJDave

Latest COVID mutation makes the virus 10 times more effective in spreading.

https://bgr.com/2020/11/14/coronavir...14g-mutation/#
Old 11-14-2020, 02:38 PM   #7601
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Latest COVID mutation makes the virus 10 times more effective in spreading.

https://bgr.com/2020/11/14/coronavir...14g-mutation/#
Happened in 1918 and mutated bug killed the majority of people
Old 11-14-2020, 02:41 PM   #7602
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Happened in 1918 and mutated bug killed the majority of people
The article also states that the mutation makes the virus more susceptible to vaccine therapy.
Old 11-14-2020, 04:53 PM   #7603
lamboguy

maybe good news

https://bgr.com/2020/11/14/coronavir...614g-mutation/
Old 11-14-2020, 08:32 PM   #7604
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
for Friday, November 13, 2020

182,000 new cases

1400 deaths