Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-14-2006, 09:42 PM   #1
twindouble

Question on Illegal emigration?

How can any illegal emigrant work for any company without a SS number?

Thanks,

T.D.
twindouble is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2006, 12:14 AM   #2
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by twindouble
How can any illegal emigrant work for any company without a SS number?

Thanks,

T.D.
they use fake ones. Fake cards and such. And the employers are not allowed to challenge them on whether they are real or not...............if they present a number (not a card, just a number on an application) the employer has to take it at face value. Many have other docs that have the fake number on them and they use these as proof. Many times these docs are issued by the state etc.....and if you work for a large corporation that is basically run by their HR departments..........if an illegal complains that you are discriminating against them, you get your ass reamed or fired. So at the line level hiring end of this game it becomes "don't ask , don't challenge"
Old 01-15-2006, 12:16 AM   #3
DJofSD
Screw PC

They're BS numbers. The SSA reports huge numbers of SSN that do not match the name of the person -- no known taxpayer I believe is the expression used. And the dirty little secret is the taxes collected under those numbers stays in the treasury.

Right now, there's a large number of big corporations that know the people are not giving legit SSN. And, in the same vein, the Feds have a list of these companies but refuses to disclose the facts.

It's all just another scam. The government collects our tax dollars supposidly to enforce laws, rules and regulations. But they do less and less enforcement every year then have the gall to tell us government needs to be bigger, raise taxes, have new laws before they can do the job better. In different circumstances it would be called blackmail or a protection racket. But we all know the gob'ment never does any wrong.
DJofSD is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2006, 12:21 AM   #4
twindouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
they use fake ones. Fake cards and such. And the employers are not allowed to challenge them on whether they are real or not...............if they present a number (not a card, just a number on an application) the employer has to take it at face value. Many have other docs that have the fake number on them and they use these as proof. Many times these docs are issued by the state etc.....and if you work for a large corporation that is basically run by their HR departments..........if an illegal complains that you are discriminating against them, you get your ass reamed or fired. So at the line level hiring end of this game it becomes "don't ask , don't challenge"
I kind of figured but it just brings up the other obvious question, how is it the IRS gets all these phony SS numbers that were never issued? Do they just send the refund anyway?
Old 01-15-2006, 12:39 AM   #5
toetoe
Veteran

Hey, there's a big soccer game coming up at Spartan Stadium, San Jose, Ca. No, not one of those games that the "locals" cheer for the foreign squad, and boo the American team. No, this is America vs. Atlas, two Mexican teams. Can you say ROUNDUP?
toetoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-15-2006, 01:11 AM   #6
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
I kind of figured but it just brings up the other obvious question, how is it the IRS gets all these phony SS numbers that were never issued? Do they just send the refund anyway?
They don't file.............therefore the money stays in the treasury.............you don't get your refund if you don't file...........
Old 01-15-2006, 11:30 AM   #7
twindouble

Quote:
They don't file.............therefore the money stays in the treasury.............you don't get your refund if you don't file...........
Ok, again makes sense. So, all these "Ligit" companys are sending in their monthly and quartarly returns with phony SS numbers that no one cares about and the IRS plus the Dept of Labor has no clue or can't comprehend why a million or more people didn't claim their refund by not filing a return. Right?

Just want to be clear.

Thanks,

T.D.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:38 PM   #8
twindouble

Well it seems like you all dropped this subject like a hot potato. To me this is a huge issue. There's so much hypocrisy involved it blows my mind. Democrats and Republicans don't have a leg to stand on preaching the rule of law when they don't enforce our immigration laws.

Another point, I think there's many thousands that work under the table and this income isn't reported, I would venture to say these workers are getting paid less than the minimum wage. It's a new form of slavery in my opinion.

There's much more to be said on this subject that's for sure. I'm surprised this thread went nowhere or am I? Have to think about that.

Anyway, good night.

T.D.

Last edited by twindouble; 01-15-2006 at 11:40 PM.
Old 01-16-2006, 12:52 AM   #9
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
False.

How much PC hate do you have Ralph? Corporate America is complicit in Illegal hiring. To insuate that the reason Corporations consistently retain illegal workers is due to fear of discrimination complaints is far from true.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2006, 06:20 AM   #10
twindouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff
False.

How much PC hate do you have Ralph? Corporate America is complicit in Illegal hiring. To insuate that the reason Corporations consistently retain illegal workers is due to fear of discrimination complaints is far from true.
I'll ask another dumb question. What's the function of the Dept of Labor? I'd say that's a monster in it's self, I'm talking in terms of size not enforcement. It's obvious they don't enforce any laws to speak of. Right?

T.D.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:39 AM   #11
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
False.

I didn't say that was the only reason...............you are right. Some don't care, they just want the labor. Cheap. I can tell you though, in the Restaurant industry in this country you just don't ask because of the HR ramifications. They enjoy the cheap labor too.........not to the degree of many though. My wife has worked very high profile jobs in the industry and in every case the "official word" was "don't ask"
Old 01-16-2006, 07:00 AM   #12
ljb
Veteran

TD,
Illegal immigration is good for Korporate Amerika. It keeps downword pressure on wages and provides Korporate Amerika with cheap labor. Until we find some politicians not on the take, who are willing to take on Korporate Amerika, we will have to live with this. The neocons even want to give these illegals a get out of jail free card.
ljb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2006, 08:42 AM   #13
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
False.

Where does corporate AMerica come in when we are finding illegasl on private farms, stores, restaraunts, etc? How much PC hate do YOU have for anyone with money?

But I do agree it is a major problem with ALL American employers. Hiring illegals must be made a felony, and like drug busts, you forfiet the asset used in the comission of the crime. Some Black guy loses his car for driving it to a crack house, some white guy should lose his restaraunt for hiring illegal dishwashers. THEN let's see how cost effective it is to hire cheap.

Last edited by Tom; 01-16-2006 at 08:47 AM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2006, 08:44 AM   #14
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
I'll ask another dumb question. What's the function of the Dept of Labor? I'd say that's a monster in it's self, I'm talking in terms of size not enforcement. It's obvious they don't enforce any laws to speak of. Right?

T.D.
It is a government agency - it was set up to fail and burn money. DOL is like showing up to a gun fight with a knife. The bottom line is the governemtnis all talk and no action - they do not want to stop illegal invasions. They are inoffice to get themselves a piece of the big pie and nothing more.
Old 01-16-2006, 09:09 AM   #15
tahoesid

The whole problem is that these immigrants are filling a need: a cheaper burger, tomatoe, car wash etc. How many of you are willing to pay 50 cents more per McDonald's burger or 30 cents more a pound of whatever?

In the short run it seems like a good idea since we seem to be saving real dollars. In the long run the savings come out of our pockets in other ways like less decent paying jobs, more of our taxes going to support illegals that can't support themselves, hospitals going broke, etc. Most people don't see these costs so it doesn't really seem to bother them as much.

Americans need to wake up and see where this is all going. A dollar saved today and 2 dollars spent tomorrow for that saving.
tahoesid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: