Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-03-2018, 07:21 PM   #16
Threechimes
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
not true

troll it up new guy.

I'm not trolling . I don't believe he is working for them . Does he have an office there? Does he get a paycheck? Or is he an independent contractor getting some sort of menial pay to run handicapping contests for fifteen guys?

Trolling would be way different. Either way it's a complete failure as of today. Hmmm let me invest 10 million in a stand alone racetrack in the middle of the high desert and lose money . Solid choice. I think I'll continue wagering at the ADW and get my rebates . Same old non thinking that has ruined racing .

We have discussions on why we should be closing all the C-D tracks in this country . Create bigger pools and better quality racing . Yet here we have a track ready to race cheap claimers for a ham sandwich.

This isn't the field of dreams
Threechimes is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2018, 07:23 PM   #17
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threechimes View Post
I'm not trolling . I don't believe he is working for them . Does he have an office there? Does he get a paycheck? Or is he an independent contractor getting some sort of menial pay to run handicapping contests for fifteen guys?

Trolling would be way different. Either way it's a complete failure as of today. Hmmm let me invest 10 million in a stand alone racetrack in the middle of the high desert and lose money . Solid choice. I think I'll continue wagering at the ADW and get my rebates . Same old non thinking that has ruined racing .

We have discussions on why we should be closing all the C-D tracks in this country . Create bigger pools and better quality racing . Yet here we have a track ready to race cheap claimers for a ham sandwich.

This isn't the field of dreams
well he was calling races in southern arizona in the past, not sure why its such a stretch to think he would call them there. but if you say he is a liar I guess I gotta go with it.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2018, 07:39 PM   #18
Threechimes
Journeyman

Quote:
well he was calling races in southern arizona in the past, not sure why its such a stretch to think he would call them there. but if you say he is a liar I guess I gotta go with it.
Yes he calls Rillito Park which is basically a meet run to cater to the University students in the racetrack industry program . Possibly he calls some of the other rodeo meets in the state . County fairs? .

All I'm saying is I don't believe he is an actual employee of the track at the moment. Could he be? Sure I suppose so. I truly didn't want to take this to the level but claiming you are an employee and then disclaimers saying you don't speak for the track is contradicting.

If this track truly wants to succeed it needs to LISTEN to guys who wager consistently and not think that just because they plopped a track in the middle of no where people will show up. We all know no matter what that there product will not be appealing to most professional wagerers in this country . High take outs and small pools with cheap horses does not spell success in the simulcast world .
Old 11-03-2018, 07:41 PM   #19
GMB@BP

Quote:
High take outs and small pools with cheap horses does not spell success in the simulcast world .
you just described racing in arizona for the past 25 years.
Old 11-03-2018, 08:06 PM   #20
Threechimes
Journeyman

Quote:
you just described racing in arizona for the past 25 years.
LMAO! You are correct I did. So that goes back to the original question lol. Why take a small cheap market and break it in half ?

Turf Paradise handled around 100 million in 2017. After purses and payroll and such do you think they made money? If they did it was no way more than 3 million .

Now take the same racing product and put it up against the other track options from May to September twice a week.

Turf Paradise only survives because they race in the winter and on off days .

Last edited by Threechimes; 11-03-2018 at 08:07 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 08:50 PM   #21
GMB@BP

Quote:
LMAO! You are correct I did. So that goes back to the original question lol. Why take a small cheap market and break it in half ?

Turf Paradise handled around 100 million in 2017. After purses and payroll and such do you think they made money? If they did it was no way more than 3 million .

Now take the same racing product and put it up against the other track options from May to September twice a week.

Turf Paradise only survives because they race in the winter and on off days .
well, better to keep them in state then all of them heading to Canterbury and New Mexico.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:14 PM   #22
toddbowker
Todd Bowker

Well, Corey Johnson is part of the ownership group and he managed to figure out how to make money with Kentucky Downs.

You also have a top executive in Ann McGovern running the place, and Dennis Moore is a great trackman, so if he's doing the track you can rest assured it will be great and safe for horses.

But what do they know? I'm sure Threechimes could run the place better .... :/
toddbowker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2018, 09:26 PM   #23
Threechimes
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddbowker View Post
Well, Corey Johnson is part of the ownership group and he managed to figure out how to make money with Kentucky Downs.

You also have a top executive in Ann McGovern running the place, and Dennis Moore is a great trackman, so if he's doing the track you can rest assured it will be great and safe for horses.

But what do they know? I'm sure Threechimes could run the place better .... :/

If I was forced to run it . I'm sure I could do as good a job or better. Why? Cause I have been in this business for 30 years and many things need to change . If indeed they want to change the fate that awaits them and this investment.
Old 11-03-2018, 09:27 PM   #24
rrpic6

Quote:
If you did work for them you wouldn't have put the disclaimer at the end of your post.

Note disclaimer at the bottom of all my posts. Covering one's own ass on a Blog is priority #1.

RR
Old 11-03-2018, 09:36 PM   #25
Threechimes
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrpic6 View Post

Note disclaimer at the bottom of all my posts. Covering one's own ass on a Blog is priority #1.

RR
Disclaimer: My posts reflect my own opinion . Yet I have to be careful so in the event my employer should see my opinion I would not want to get fired from one of the crookedest corporations ever Penn National Gaming .
Old 11-03-2018, 09:41 PM   #26
rrpic6

Threechimes: 12 posts in your long career on PA. I predict a short shelf life.

RR
Old 11-03-2018, 10:04 PM   #27
craigbraddick

Threechimes:

As for attracting more business, of course that is hugely important. It is a new business going through an exciting time. I have shown you links to what we are currently doing to build the business and answered your questions as best I can. From my personal viewpoint, we couldn't have better people in management and ownership than we do right now.

Right now we are all working hard to provide a more comfortable and enjoyable OTB experience for our customers than they have had in the past as we continue to head forward. Everything is a process and there are so many good people working together. We are very thankful for the customers who choose to play with us and are looking forward to offering them and the AZ horse racing industry a lot in the future. We want to develop relationships with serious horseplayers so they feel their needs are listened too and catered for.

In a previous post, I included an email address you can contact me at and I would be happy to meet you in person at the track and show you around or at any of our OTB's if that is easier for you. You mention about listening to horseplayers...I listen to them in person, through our FB page, and in person at our OTB's. I sit down, listen to them, answer questions as best I can, I educate newbies and try to get people excited about the sport and the fun involved with it.

I look forward to meeting you in the future.

Many thanks,

Craig.

Disclaimer: My views do not represent the views of Arizona Downs.

Last edited by craigbraddick; 11-03-2018 at 10:18 PM. Reason: adding disclaimer
craigbraddick is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-03-2018, 11:50 PM   #28
wisconsin

Quote:
If I was forced to run it . I'm sure I could do as good a job or better. Why? Cause I have been in this business for 30 years and many things need to change . If indeed they want to change the fate that awaits them and this investment.

The bigger question is:

Why do you care?

Did they blow you off when you applied for a job there?
Old 11-04-2018, 12:04 AM   #29
Threechimes
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrpic6 View Post
Threechimes: 12 posts in your long career on PA. I predict a short shelf life.

RR

I'd be a 1/9 Favorite across the country by implementing one simple rule change in horse racing . All Breeds. The first track to implement this rule change will become the industry standard and most profitable track in the world.

Disclaimer: I won't share the idea here because you would steal it . 😁
Old 11-04-2018, 12:14 AM   #30
Threechimes
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
The bigger question is:

Why do you care?

Did they blow you off when you applied for a job there?
Uhm???? No. But nice attempt . My time is worth way more than what they could afford to pay me.

So why do I care? I'm fairly sure I've explained all that in previous posts but to reflect on the question . I care because the whole thing makes zero sense . Should I care that four guys bought the place and thought bringing back racing was a brilliant idea. Probably not.

Now that they are bringing it back and are set to race within six months . Is it that much to ask a few questions? Like what will be different. If venture to guess nobody here that bets serious money cares about a four star restaurant 8 miles from the nearest town. They are going to be racing two days a week is a VIP room that important?

Are they going to actually try and charge admission? That's a failure idea.

I don't doubt the talent of the people on board . What I doubt is that they have any fresh ideas to bring to the table . If your resume shows you ran a bunch of different tracks and everybody liked you there that's superb . On the other side of that coin is the question why are you here ? If you brought fresh ideas to your old jobs and they where solid ideas and you evolved with the sport your old jobs would be your current job.

Just a few thoughts

Last edited by Threechimes; 11-04-2018 at 12:16 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: