Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-20-2018, 04:53 PM   #196
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
Many might not agree with me, in my books you do not have to.
Thaskalos was a new moderator, if he asked me to cool it and I did not I would expect a problem going forward here at PA (Mike or CJ or any appointed). If I was appointed moderator and I asked someone to cool it and they did not I would ban them with NO text mention at all. Big difference that I would NOT give reason or extra bending over backwards as Mike has given others a chance to collect themselves and chew on things. I find it worth a mention that Mike is willing to work with everyone and SPELL OUT what will happen should you continue. Anyone who says Mike is guilty of acting as if he is a regular poster and then administrating unjustly is just too far gone in my books. He has NO obliigation to recuse himself period, you people watch to much television. The end note is I am not interested, was just a example.
You're hired!!!
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2018, 05:50 PM   #197
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith View Post
Oh please make Fast a mod thats all this place is missing these days.
The inmates running the asylum?
Old 11-20-2018, 05:57 PM   #198
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Unfortunately, as it turned out, Thaskalos' left-leaning beliefs made it impossible for him to become neutral...not hard to understand.

He and I often disagree on politics, but I have seen no evidence of him not being objective as far as his moderating role.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:43 PM   #199
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
He and I often disagree on politics, but I have seen no evidence of him not being objective as far as his moderating role.
He's resigned from that position…...Time for you to step up and take his place.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2018, 07:52 PM   #200
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
He's resigned from that position…...Time for you to step up and take his place.
I'd rather take a job herding cats.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:53 PM   #201
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Anyone remember when the Tea Party was the big thing, and the lefties here kept using the sexual vulgar term to describe them?

Sammy, did you miss that mirror?

Remember 46 calling Bush a rutabaga and always mocking his mis-speaking?

And everyone is OK with hcap's relentless attacks on Trump's appearance and endless name calling him? Or am I the only one who pisses you off when I call your boys a name? And his vulgar sexual references in recent weeks?

Short memories and weak back bones on many here.

Maybe Sammy can get a crap-load of mirrors to hand out for holiday gifts.

Really...total ABSOLUTE bullSHIT....

1st...not a leftist

2nd..find ONE where I used THAT word or condoned it's use...I actually agreed with several to THE Tea party's viewpoints...

3rd...what does 46 calling Bush names have ANYTHING to do with me...nothing....

4th....you and hcap are MIRROR images of EACH other......wtf do I care about the name calling...show me where I've called Trump anything vulgar....you can't...

5th...My memories IS fine...if anything it's TOO good...PA will vouch for that if doesn't ban me too....

6th...Backbone...I've never written anything here that I wouldn't say to someones face....you have...as have others....keyboard cowboys...
Old 11-20-2018, 07:56 PM   #202
barn32
tmrpots

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith View Post
Oh please make Fast a mod thats all this place is missing these days.
Best post in the thread.
barn32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2018, 09:34 PM   #203
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveb View Post
well bugger me i never know that.
thanks muchly.
never knew i had a red card until now.....whatever a red card is.
After following that sequence earlier in this thread tonight, I see that I got a red card for this:
Quote:
Looks like Preakness Beyers are experiencing shrinkage just like Derby Beyers
Someone was offended by that?
rastajenk is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2018, 09:39 PM   #204
sammy the sage

Quote:
I distinctly remember PA being very general in his criticism about the vitriol being spewed by posters. He was definitely not just leaning on the lefties; he was leaning on BOTH sides. Your "whining" criticism of PA is inaccurate and/or misunderstood.
Margie...in all fairness to you and PA...you would be mostly accurate in this statement....although that said....his ACTUAL personal vitriol towards some individuals HAS been distinctly one-sided...even tho the other side has been as bad ....you and he would both have to admit that...other posters current and former have pointed that out as well...just sayin...
Old 11-20-2018, 10:32 PM   #205
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Sammy, calm down dude.
You are behaving like hcap.

I didn't say YOU said any of those things. RIF.

I asked you if you somehow missed all of that stuff that went down here previously. You know, like where was your outrage back then? Examples of the same crap everyone is having kittens about today - like YOU!

Sorry to disappoint you, but it not all about YOU.
Old 11-21-2018, 10:27 PM   #206
thaskalos

Quote:
I distinctly remember PA being very general in his criticism about the vitriol being spewed by posters. He was definitely not just leaning on the lefties; he was leaning on BOTH sides. Your "whining" criticism of PA is inaccurate and/or misunderstood.

However, PA was leaning on (depending on) Thaskalos to help keep the peace, as I saw it. Unfortunately, as it turned out, Thaskalos' left-leaning beliefs made it impossible for him to become neutral...not hard to understand. I think he realized that, too, and thus, resigned.

I also saw that Ely brazenly defied authority, when he was asked not to do something and got smart about it. His political leanings, political points of view, and how he expressed his political opinions were irrelevant to the decision to ban him, in my view.

In a few sentences, Ely went 'Acosta' and like Acosta, paid the price. I guess, like Acosta, he could always appeal the decision; however, in the private sector, one has limited recourse and rightfully so!
When PA initially asked me to help moderate the off-topics...it was explicitly stated that the objective would be to reduce the excessive insulting and belittling of one-another here. "Keeping the peace" here isn't a reasonable objective...nor has it ever been. The best we could hope for here is to keep our heated conversations from turning into outright hatred for one-another...which is something that I have spoken out against time and again here. It was also explicitly stated, by PA himself, that we would still be able to openly criticize all public figures here...including the U.S. president. Only to each other were we supposed to be "kinder".

But the heated criticism levied against Mr Trump obviously got a little too hot for PA-Mike to handle...because he subsequently came out with that other thread...where he threatened to permanently ban "any poster who pissed him off". "Respect your country! Respect your President!"...PA-Mike demanded; a rather odd request, I thought...because he never made such a stern demand when some of the most prominent posters here were calling Obama a "Muslim-loving Kenyan piece of Krap", and his wife an "ugly, fat cow"...during Obama's presidency.

To close...I never issued any red cards during my tenure as a moderator here...nor did I feel that there was ever a need for me to do so. IMO...there is nothing wrong with heatedly arguing with one-another here...nor do I see anything wrong with heaving the occasional insult at our political leaders. Disrespecting a politician is MILES away from "disrespecting our country", IMO. In fact...the right to verbally crucify our political leaders whenever we feel it warranted is exactly what a "democracy" is all about...as far as I am concerned. But, as always...you are all welcomed to disagree with me on this...or anything else.

Last edited by thaskalos; 11-21-2018 at 10:35 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2018, 11:18 PM   #207
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Old 11-21-2018, 11:26 PM   #208
Greyfox

Thank you Thaskalos.
As a person, I have very limited respect for President Trump too.
He and I would never be personal friends...no never.
He's a narcissist and that's his personal prison, not mine.
With respect to what he has implemented in changes to policies regarding the Economy and Immigration I think that his head is screwed on straight.
I can empathize with you for trying to be a Moderator on this or any other board.
As Clocker said "I'd rather be herding cats."
Nevertheless, I believe in you Thask. You're a good man."
IMO, not that we always agree, Thank you.
Greyfox.

Last edited by Greyfox; 11-21-2018 at 11:29 PM.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-22-2018, 10:00 PM   #209
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
When PA initially asked me to help moderate the off-topics...it was explicitly stated that the objective would be to reduce the excessive insulting and belittling of one-another here. "Keeping the peace" here isn't a reasonable objective...nor has it ever been. The best we could hope for here is to keep our heated conversations from turning into outright hatred for one-another...which is something that I have spoken out against time and again here. It was also explicitly stated, by PA himself, that we would still be able to openly criticize all public figures here...including the U.S. president. Only to each other were we supposed to be "kinder".

But the heated criticism levied against Mr Trump obviously got a little too hot for PA-Mike to handle...because he subsequently came out with that other thread...where he threatened to permanently ban "any poster who pissed him off". "Respect your country! Respect your President!"...PA-Mike demanded; a rather odd request, I thought...because he never made such a stern demand when some of the most prominent posters here were calling Obama a "Muslim-loving Kenyan piece of Krap", and his wife an "ugly, fat cow"...during Obama's presidency.

To close...I never issued any red cards during my tenure as a moderator here...nor did I feel that there was ever a need for me to do so. IMO...there is nothing wrong with heatedly arguing with one-another here...nor do I see anything wrong with heaving the occasional insult at our political leaders. Disrespecting a politician is MILES away from "disrespecting our country", IMO. In fact...the right to verbally crucify our political leaders whenever we feel it warranted is exactly what a "democracy" is all about...as far as I am concerned. But, as always...you are all welcomed to disagree with me on this...or anything else.
Firstly, we do not have a democracy and that was by design.

Second, show me where "some of the most prominent posters here were calling Obama a "Muslim-loving Kenyan piece of Krap", and his wife an "ugly, fat cow"...during Obama's presidency."

Rude behavior should always be called out.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-23-2018, 12:11 AM   #210
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
Firstly, we do not have a democracy and that was by design.

Second, show me where "some of the most prominent posters here were calling Obama a "Muslim-loving Kenyan piece of Krap", and his wife an "ugly, fat cow"...during Obama's presidency."

Rude behavior should always be called out.
Yeah, not sure I remember that ......

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: