Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-30-2018, 12:51 PM   #31
AskinHaskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackingTVG View Post
You are delusional if you think he isn’t cheating

LOL - So Baffert wins with all of his 2yo firsters, costing $450K, $525K, $900K, $250K, $110K, and $925K... he loses with his only other firster, and he's 2-for-25 (8%) in all other categories at the meet... and you think he's cheating???

How bad at cheating would somebody have to be in order to win with just 8% of the rest of his runners??

A Baffert 2yo debut win at Dmr is a mixed blessing where it concerns future success, so he needs to have plenty of possibilities out there to know later successes with the fortunate few.

And better yet, just how to you sense it is decided beneath the Baffert shed, which owners will be the lucky recipients of all of the cheating you have unearthed?
AskinHaskin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2018, 12:55 PM   #32
JohnGalt1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
Give us exactly what he could be doing that other good trainers don’t that could make the difference. Do you really think his horses work or gallop or are fed great feed and water that much better than other good trainers?
Look at the 5 and 6 furlong mostly bullet works Baffert's horses get and compare them to Brown's and Pletcher's 4 furlong works.

All three get quality stock.

When their 2 and 3 year old horses race each other, who has the better success?

Whose horses are more racing fit?
JohnGalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2018, 01:15 PM   #33
Robert Fischer
clean money

Baffert is a class act. He drives a ton of revenue in this business. He has owners spending a lot at the sales. His Triple Crown wins and near misses have generated a lot of media and handle.
Old 08-30-2018, 03:16 PM   #34
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGalt1 View Post
Look at the 5 and 6 furlong mostly bullet works Baffert's horses get and compare them to Brown's and Pletcher's 4 furlong works.

All three get quality stock.

When their 2 and 3 year old horses race each other, who has the better success?

Whose horses are more racing fit?
I love the Baffert worktab. It isn't the only method to train horses, but it gives me a ton of confidence as a handicapper when I look down and see those 46's and 59's and 1:12's.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2018, 03:19 PM   #35
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
I love the Baffert worktab. It isn't the only method to train horses, but it gives me a ton of confidence as a handicapper when I look down and see those 46's and 59's and 1:12's.
Its a method that can work, but not for every stable. He works his horses hard, because its simple, you either survive and perform or you move on to another barn or circuit. A smaller barn might not be able to do this or want to.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2018, 09:15 PM   #36
AskinHaskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post

But that's not even the significant part.
Old 08-30-2018, 11:58 PM   #37
TrackingTVG
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskinHaskin View Post
LOL - So Baffert wins with all of his 2yo firsters, costing $450K, $525K, $900K, $250K, $110K, and $925K... he loses with his only other firster, and he's 2-for-25 (8%) in all other categories at the meet... and you think he's cheating???

How bad at cheating would somebody have to be in order to win with just 8% of the rest of his runners??

A Baffert 2yo debut win at Dmr is a mixed blessing where it concerns future success, so he needs to have plenty of possibilities out there to know later successes with the fortunate few.

And better yet, just how to you sense it is decided beneath the Baffert shed, which owners will be the lucky recipients of all of the cheating you have unearthed?

https://tuesdayshorse.wordpress.com/...effect-part-1/

"“Looked at another way, one trainer with 2.5% of the horses and 1.5% of the total starts has had 19.4% of the sudden deaths over a 21-month period.”

" It was revealed that Bob Baffert, trainer of 2015 Triple Crown winner American Pharoah, gave all of his horses thyroxine after seven horses suddenly died in his stables"

"From the DRF: Baffert, Sierra fined

Trainers Bob Baffert and Javier Sierra were fined by Santa Anita stewards Sunday for medication violations found in their runners during the summer.

Baffert was fined $1,000 after Diamondsandpearls tested in excess of the anti-inflammatory bute when she won a maiden race for 2-year-old fillies July 2 at Santa Anita.

Sierra was fined $750 after Gutsy Ruler tested positive for the banned medication flumethasone, a corticosteroid. Gutsy Ruler’s positive was found from a post-race test after the 6-year-old gelding won an optional claimer at five furlongs on turf Aug. 6 at Del Mar."

"Practicing veterinarian Vince
Baker testified and court reporter Michelle Derieg recorded the hearing. Mr. Baffert’s
horse “Diamondsandpearls” who raced at Santa Anita Park on July 2, 2017 had in its
post-race sample a level of 3.19 ug/ml of Phenylbutazone, which was an overage for this
drug. Both Dr. Baker and Mr. Baffert stated their only explanation for the overage was
that the horse’s small size metabolized the drug at a slower rate than a larger horse
would have. The Veterinarian’s confidential showed that the drug was administered 27
hours prior to the race."

"Baffert averages one drug violation every 545 starts"
TrackingTVG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-31-2018, 01:18 AM   #38
GMB@BP

Quote:

"Baffert averages one drug violation every 545 starts"
with the amount of starts thats about 1 every two year +/-, that seems tolerable reason given the games these guys play each race day.
Old 08-31-2018, 08:51 AM   #39
AskinHaskin

Quote:

" It was revealed that Bob Baffert, trainer of 2015 Triple Crown winner American Pharoah, gave all of his horses thyroxine after seven horses suddenly died in his stables"

So where, again, was the "cheating" ???

Your quoted statement above doesn't even make sense.

Why exactly would Baffert "give all of his horses Thyroxine" "after seven horses suddenly died"?

"Thyroxine has been popular among trainers since the 1970's" so states The Paulick Report.

And good to know that you found a single Bute overage to talk about.

But your accusation is "cheating".

So where is it???

Return here and break the news once you come up with something.
Old 08-31-2018, 09:47 AM   #40
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Baffert is not known for "GOTCHA!" horses jumping up and dominating out of nowhere. He generally shows up loaded to do that and it is not a surprise when it happens.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:49 PM   #41
Andy Asaro

By Jeremy Plonk

https://www.xpressbet.com/component/...prclt=ti4WZMaG

Excerpts:

Of his 8 defeats, 3 came in races in which another stablemate had his or her picture taken in the winner’s circle.

In sheer win percentages, that makes Baffert 17-for-22 with rookie juvenile races – a whopping 77% success rate.

That’s either remarkable or unhealthy for the game

From 2013-’17, Baffert hit 23% with experienced 2YOs and 26% with his first-time 2YOs. He’s doubled the first percentage this year and almost tripled the second
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2018, 03:50 PM   #42
Track Phantom

Ruining the game
Old 11-19-2018, 07:25 PM   #43
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2018, 10:31 PM   #44
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
By Jeremy Plonk

https://www.xpressbet.com/component/...prclt=ti4WZMaG

Excerpts:

Of his 8 defeats, 3 came in races in which another stablemate had his or her picture taken in the winner’s circle.

In sheer win percentages, that makes Baffert 17-for-22 with rookie juvenile races – a whopping 77% success rate.

That’s either remarkable or unhealthy for the game

From 2013-’17, Baffert hit 23% with experienced 2YOs and 26% with his first-time 2YOs. He’s doubled the first percentage this year and almost tripled the second
I agree its not healthy for the game.

Some of the stats in my opinion can also be attributed to the fact that some of the top two year old stables no longer seem to have the same stock as they used to, so Baffert has a high percentage of the good stock on the west coast.

Only Hollendorfer gets anything close to the same stock, and its still not that close.

There used to be 5 other outfits or so that at least got some well bred horses, they really dont anymore.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:45 PM   #45
Igotabeef

Why don’t I see as many complaints about Pletcher when he goes on these runs with his ridiculous stable of all blue bloods? He then enters a quarter of the gate in the Derby routinely with horses who usually run up the track. That is good for racing? I have been around this forum for over a decade.

I don’t have much to say obviously, but many of the people here decided without any proven facts that you can call Baffert a cheat while not applying the same standards to people like Pletcher, Assmusen, or even D’Amato. All have results most trainers can’t seem to replicate. Don’t see them with a long line of positives. I can’t say they aren’t cheating, but you can’t say they are. Should there be better testing? Sure. Would I invest that money in a dying sport? No. It may be something we here love, but the world will spin without horse racing, and more overhead surely isn’t going to help keep it alive, and I’m sure we don’t want them raising the take to figure out a way to get these answers.

Eventually Bob will have a downturn. He has had them before. Those who question him will say the heat is catching up. I’d say more likely he picked some bad horses. The thing is, chances are we will never know who was right.
Igotabeef is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: