Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 2.60 average.
Old 11-19-2018, 10:39 AM   #556
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Stop whining. The world and the USA will be just fine. Trump or no Trump.

You guys get all worked up about nothing. We had eight years of Obama, and we survived that.

You'll survive Trump. No problem. Now get back to figuring out how to beat the game of racing and you'll be AOK.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:00 AM   #557
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Yet another old tweet by President Donald Trump is coming back to haunt him.

As Trump comes under fire for a series of ignorant statements he made about the devastating wildfires in California, an old tweet went viral again.

The 2015 message was a complaint about a PSA starring Smokey Bear:

Donald J. Trump
✔ @realDonaldTrump

Who is paying for that tedious Smokey Bear commercial that is on all the time - enough already!

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2018, 11:05 AM   #558
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Stop whining. The world and the USA will be just fine. Trump or no Trump.

You guys get all worked up about nothing. We had eight years of Obama, and we survived that.

You'll survive Trump.
IN THE MAJOR NYC CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY, IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT THE BUILDING GETTING BUILT AND FINISHED.
HOWEVER, WE NEVER COUNT THE BODIES THAT IT TOOK TO GET IT DONE.
YES WE CAN WITHSTAND TRUMP, BUT AT WHAT COST!!

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
Old 11-19-2018, 11:11 AM   #559
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula_2002 View Post
Yet another old tweet by President Donald Trump is coming back to haunt him.

As Trump comes under fire for a series of ignorant statements he made about the devastating wildfires in California, an old tweet went viral again.

The 2015 message was a complaint about a PSA starring Smokey Bear:

Donald J. Trump
✔ @realDonaldTrump

Who is paying for that tedious Smokey Bear commercial that is on all the time - enough already!
What's wrong with his comment? There is literally no evidence that the Smokey the Bear PSA has stopped anyone from starting a fire either by accident or on purpose. There is a heck of a greater chance that when your local NWS office puts out a red flag danger alert that you'll heed the warnings. Smokey is simply a bad use of money. It makes you feel good but does nothing.

Now to the real problem in California. Land management. Get the dead wood out of the forests by allowing people to take dead wood free-of-charge. Second, right after the rainy season is over, start controlled burns on those literal mountains of grass growing everywhere. Many fires would be containable if people would just put a little pre-thought into managing the fire season before you're in it..

I'm 54, and one of the first words I could pronounce was Santa Ana. Fires have been ravaging Cali since the dawn of time, so stop the silly climate change bunk. This problem, like nearly every problem, lies with man and man alone. Stop throwing matches and starting arson fires and remove the fuel in a managed way. Idiots.

Last edited by tucker6; 11-19-2018 at 11:13 AM.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2018, 12:16 PM   #560
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
What's wrong with his comment? There is literally no evidence that the Smokey the Bear PSA has stopped anyone from starting a fire either by accident or on purpose. There is a heck of a greater chance that when your local NWS office puts out a red flag danger alert that you'll heed the warnings. Smokey is simply a bad use of money. It makes you feel good but does nothing.

Now to the real problem in California. Land management. Get the dead wood out of the forests by allowing people to take dead wood free-of-charge. Second, right after the rainy season is over, start controlled burns on those literal mountains of grass growing everywhere. Many fires would be containable if people would just put a little pre-thought into managing the fire season before you're in it..

I'm 54, and one of the first words I could pronounce was Santa Ana. Fires have been ravaging Cali since the dawn of time, so stop the silly climate change bunk. This problem, like nearly every problem, lies with man and man alone. Stop throwing matches and starting arson fires and remove the fuel in a managed way. Idiots.
where is your data. i'll offer this

1944 - Present
Overview
The longest running campaign in Ad Council history, Smokey Bear and his famous warning, "Only You Can Prevent Forest Fires," was introduced to Americans in 1944. The Forest Fire Prevention campaign has helped reduce the number of acres lost annually from 22 million to 8.4 million (in 2000). Responding to the massive outbreak of wildfires in 2000, the campaign changed its focus to wildfires and Smokey's slogan to "Only You Can Prevent Wildfires." Visit the Wildfire Prevention page for the latest PSAs.

Winston Churchill
Old 11-19-2018, 12:22 PM   #561
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Retired Navy Adm. William McRaven lashed out at Donald Trump again Sunday, saying his behavior is the “greatest threat to our democracy in my lifetime” after the president criticized McRaven for failing to bring Osama bin Laden to justice sooner.

Trump disdainfully dismissed earlier criticism from McRaven, who oversaw the 2011 Navy SEAL mission that killed bin Laden, when Chris Wallace questioned him about it in an interview that aired earlier in the day on “Fox News Sunday.”

“Hillary Clinton fan,” Trump snapped, cutting off Wallace. “He’s a Hillary Clinton backer and an Obama-backer, and frankly ... wouldn’t it have been nice if we got Osama bin Laden a lot sooner than that?”

THE TRUMPP TRAIN ROLLS ON.
WHAT A FOOL!! DOES HE NOT SEE ADVANTAGE TO THE SUCCESSFUL MISSION

YES IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER IF WE CAUGHT BIN LADEN SOONER. IT WOULD ALSO BE BETTER IF I HAD THE RESULTS OF TOMORROW'S RACES TODAY.

Winston Churchill

Last edited by formula_2002; 11-19-2018 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:27 PM   #562
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
IT WOULD ALSO BE BETTER IF I HAD THE RESULTS OF TOMORROW'S RACES TODAY.
In a week's time, you would be bored out of your mind if you continually knew the next day's results.....Your statement reminds me of the gambler/thief who died and thought he was in heaven episode, from the "Twilight Zone".
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2018, 01:47 PM   #563
formula_2002
what an easy game.

sorry you missed point.
I don't think I can make it any clearer for you

Winston Churchill
Old 11-19-2018, 01:53 PM   #564
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
sorry you missed point.
I don't think I can make it any clearer for you
I got your point, even though I don't agree with it....Just having a little fun, reminiscing about how different and less stressful times used to be over 50 years ago.....Life passes much too quickly, thank goodness for the old memories of a world gone by.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2018, 03:11 PM   #565
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
In a week's time, you would be bored out of your mind if you continually knew the next day's results.....Your statement reminds me of the gambler/thief who died and thought he was in heaven episode, from the "Twilight Zone".
https://youtu.be/Su1Rdw3SRHY
Randall, an even better Twilight Zone, imho, was the one starring the great old underrated actor Fred Clark who finds a camera that takes pictures 3 minutes before the event actually happens.

You guessed it. They wind up at a racetrack. Take pics of the tote's order of finish so they know who won before the race was run. Of course.

It doesn't end well --surprise -- but I won't give the ending away. The floozy girlfriend is a pip also.

Last edited by reckless; 11-19-2018 at 03:12 PM.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2018, 04:33 PM   #566
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post

From a friend who is currently living in California:

"It's a big old mess...
The fires were caused by the state power company(PG&E)...…..again.
If I told you all of the bad things PG&E has done over the last 10 years you wouldn't believe me...…..think I was making it all up don't ya know.
Simply put...…….PG&E gets a pass on every terrible [thing] that they do...…..and it drives the residents of the state insane.
The politicians are all bought and paid for out here...….PG&E donates globs of money every single year to any politician they can buy off...
I'm about 175 miles away from the fires...…...the only part of the fires that I get are ash filled(brown/red)skies daily...…..it's like breathing in a bonfire......…..the air quality is terrible.
Northern California really needs rain.....clear the air/put out the fires.....etc.
More on PG&E's recent history...…the first link was about a mile from where I was living.
The residents of California hate PG&E so ****ing much......"

http://redirect.viglink.com/?key=bbb...line_explosion

http://redirect.viglink.com/?key=bbb...-idUSKCN1J501C
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2018, 08:40 AM   #567
formula_2002
what an easy game.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...tter/23594667/

THIS IS NOT RELATED TO TRUMP, BUT I CAN NOT LET IT GET BY ME.

Winston Churchill
Old 11-20-2018, 08:50 AM   #568
woodtoo

This is important stuff, women say dumb things. Beware people.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2018, 12:16 PM   #569
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
This is important stuff, women say dumb things. Beware people.
I know a lot of women that are brilliant. I have a family of them.

Winston Churchill
Old 11-20-2018, 12:38 PM   #570
woodtoo

I stand corrected, I think.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply