Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-19-2018, 11:43 PM   #136
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
If Elysiantraveler deserved to get banned...then at least 3 Trump supporters here deserve to be banned as well, IMO. Elysiantraveler was hardly the only one who has been "begging for it".
It has nothing to do with which side he was on. He decided he wanted to poke the bear and no one should expect him to back down. If Mike told me to stop and I didn't, I'd expect a banning too.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2018, 11:45 PM   #137
Clocker

Quote:
It's no longer safe to be a vocal Trump critic around here. Let the posters beware.

Agree. ET was one of the few regular posters here with a good grasp of economics. When he criticized Trump's economic policies, many on the right were unable to respond to the issues, treated his posts as personal attacks on Trump, and came back with personal attacks on him. He responded in kind, perhaps overreacting, and the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Or the ax.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:46 PM   #138
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
It has nothing to do with which side he was on. He decided he wanted to poke the bear and no one should expect him to back down. If Mike told me to stop and I didn't, I'd expect a banning too.
When the bear does its own "poking"...then it should expect some poking in return, IMO.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2018, 11:48 PM   #139
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Agree. ET was one of the few regular posters here with a good grasp of economics. When he criticized Trump's economic policies, many on the right were unable to respond to the issues, treated his posts as personal attacks on Trump, and came back with personal attacks on him. He responded in kind, perhaps overreacting, and the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Or the ax.
This is the most accurate assessment of the situation...IMO.
Old 11-19-2018, 11:49 PM   #140
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
When the bear does its own "poking"...then it should expect some poking in return, IMO.
That seems to be all the bear does these days. Other than complain about it..
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2018, 11:50 PM   #141
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Of course it is.

Clocker, expect to get cursed out soon
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2018, 11:51 PM   #142
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Elysian used to be a good poster. Then Trump won and he turned in his sanity badge for an Antifa baton. Those people are sick and every bit the fascists he claims to hate.
I don't know about all that, I miss stuff just as the next does. At first he thought he was smarter and could actually influence others the time of the primary, I think he fooled like zero of us. His motives are now moot, because he saw the third rail and embraced it. It was like he was asking for it. I can not say that I believed anything he posted until he took a picture of his gun with my handle on a paper sitting on it, so that is why he took the picture. Maybe he was actually in the mold of John Kasich's folks, time has changed on him too.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-19-2018, 11:57 PM   #143
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Of course it is.

Only CLOCKER?

4 or 5 of us may be looking for a new home soon.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:01 AM   #144
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Soon?

My reputation page looks like the red and green lights of Xmas decorations. Many of the people that agree with me apparently don't want to say so in public, and those who don't just want to zing me without having to address the issues.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:02 AM   #145
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Only CLOCKER?

4 or 5 of us may be looking for a new home soon.
Why's that going to happen?....It's just a group of us posters standing around the grave of a guy who wanted to leave the board and commit suicide by PA...

Nothing to see here, time to move along...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2018, 12:04 AM   #146
fast4522

Quote:
I don't think so, even you have your vantage point that is vastly different. Mike did not care about that and gave a moderators console. Mike said that he wanted some change and gave all advance warning, make of that what you want.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:06 AM   #147
thaskalos

Quote:
Soon?

My reputation page looks like the red and green lights of Xmas decorations. Many of the people that agree with me apparently don't want to say so in public, and those who don't just want to zing me without having to address the issues.
And the confusing thing is...you were one of the most popular posters here in the pre-Trump era. I was one of the few who used to criticize you then, for your distinct rightward leanings. But all it took was some informed criticism levied against the Trump policies...and you have now been lumped together with us "leftists" here. Curious indeed...
Old 11-20-2018, 12:08 AM   #148
tucker6

Quote:
He had a terrible grasp of economics and trade, as do you. I didn't respond to much of his rantings because I actually work for a living and don't have time to educate the young.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-20-2018, 12:08 AM   #149
fast4522

Quote:
Soon?

I doubt that, your view of econimics is hardly anything to zing you for.

Last edited by fast4522; 11-20-2018 at 12:09 AM.
Old 11-20-2018, 12:17 AM   #150
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Why's that going to happen?....It's just a group of us posters standing around the grave of a guy who wanted to leave the board and commit suicide by PA...

Nothing to see here, time to move along...
Yeah, it didn't look like Ely wanted to be here any longer...but the banning was regrettable nonetheless...IMO. You can't hold a real conversation without the participation of people with opposing points of view. Who wants to talk with people who all sit and agree with one-another?