Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-17-2018, 07:58 AM   #226
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
So, humans will adjust, animals will adjust, it's part of nature. Some species will die off, new ones will spring up. The weak will die off, the ones that adjust and survive will make their species stronger, like God intended. It has been like this for billions of years. Why do you want to try to stop the inevitable. Isn't Darwin great!

Well, and theres the hypocrisy. This time from the right or conservatives or whatever the hell the name for it is this week. They go to church.....hear the word of being a "Good Steward" of this planet and then walk out and piss all over it.

Then the "other side" supplies doomsday to scare the rest. People bring up science and blah, blah , blah. When Mother Nature has had enough she will puke on our shoes.

Science? We live in the time and land of denial. Some morons actually believe we can do anything and get away with it. There is a breaking point somewhere down the line and then there will be crying. We wont be around to see it. But don't people give a damn about their descendants??????

Man is an economic developer. I think alternatives will be found....then all this crap will be put to rest. The people fighting progress should just shut up and get out of the way. That's what God probably means by being a good steward to this planet.
burnsy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2018, 08:33 AM   #227
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
Well, and theres the hypocrisy. This time from the right or conservatives or whatever the hell the name for it is this week. They go to church.....hear the word of being a "Good Steward" of this planet and then walk out and piss all over it.

Then the "other side" supplies doomsday to scare the rest. People bring up science and blah, blah , blah. When Mother Nature has had enough she will puke on our shoes.

Science? We live in the time and land of denial. Some morons actually believe we can do anything and get away with it. There is a breaking point somewhere down the line and then there will be crying. We wont be around to see it. But don't people give a damn about their descendants??????

Man is an economic developer. I think alternatives will be found....then all this crap will be put to rest. The people fighting progress should just shut up and get out of the way. That's what God probably means by being a good steward to this planet.
I guess if you bring god into it, there isn't a mention of global warming or dealing with it in the bible. So I'm not concerned.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2018, 10:31 AM   #228
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
All these climate change threads, break down into three main areas of debate.

Best not to confuse them

Is global warming happening?
Is mankind an influence?

Are there any practical solutions?

Generally all three questions can be answered in the affirmative, however as a matter of science the first two are not negated simply because the third MAY be too late to be practically act upon.

Your feeble argument that climatology is "phony", you have been postulating, is in itself phony, due your illogically drawn non sequitur conclusions

Ah yes, there are no answers so I'll just bitch some more and tell everybody it is too late to do anything.

Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2018, 11:00 AM   #229
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Ah yes, there are no answers so I'll just bitch some more and tell everybody it is too late to do anything.

what is your definition of 'too late to do anything'? what do you expect to happen? if the average world temperature gets 5 degrees warmer, will it exceed the critical temperature that causes the world to exploded and the million degree Gore Core will incinerate everything?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2018, 11:13 AM   #230
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Hcap is like having a wind up toy.
Mention GW or 0bama's birth certificate and you get a toy that runs around the room in every direction, arms flaying, making funny noises.........cheap entertainment and highly reliable.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:34 PM   #231
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Why don't you speak logic?
Byw, you totally screwed up your dozens of images you attempted to post. Guess tech stuff is not your thing.

Last edited by hcap; 11-17-2018 at 12:41 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2018, 12:47 PM   #232
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Hcap is like having a wind up toy.
Mention GW or 0bama's birth certificate and you get a toy that runs around the room in every direction, arms flaying, making funny noises.........cheap entertainment and highly reliable.
Guess logic and tech stuff are not your things either.
Your "thing" is very weak, dumb ad hominem attacks
Old 11-17-2018, 02:36 PM   #233
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate

The internet allows any view to echoed on any issue, and for those looking at the next ice age, here ya go:

[url
https://www.sott.net/article/400195-Professor-Valentina-Zharkova-explains-and-confirms-why-a-Super-Grand-Solar-Minimum-is-upon-us[/url]

For those into ham radio, noted wavelengths (10 m I believe) have been very quiet in terms of solar activity, and a reduction in "skipping" and reeling in signals from across the planet is the result. That appears to back up the idea that the Earth will cool.

Take heart HCAP, at current burn rates we'll be out of fossil fuels soon enough, and then the debate won't matter. Get out and beat the rush and go get some snowshoes....
Your solar minimum theory has been debunked.
The ‘mini ice age’ hoopla is a giant failure of science communication

https://theconversation.com/the-mini...nication-45037

...Is there any quantitative basis for claims of a mini ice age? Zharkova and her colleagues have cited a 1997 article by Judith Lean, who showed the sun’s brightness (quantified by solar irradiance) was 3 W per m2 less during the Maunder minimum than today. More recent studies, including those by Lean, find the solar irradiance varies less than was thought in 1997.

In plain English, the small change in sunlight reaching the Earth during a new Maunder minimum wouldn’t be enough to reverse climate change. For the technically minded, even a 3 W per m2 change in irradiance corresponds to a radiative forcing of just 0.5 W per m2 (because the Earth is a sphere and not a flat circle), which is less than the radiative forcing produced by anthropogenic greenhouse gases.

To be blunt: no mini ice age for us. The real story of the impending mini ice age isn’t about climate at all. It is a cautionary tale, of how science should and shouldn’t be communicated.

The 'imminent mini ice age' myth is back, and it's still wrong

We can’t accurately predict solar activity, and a quiet solar cycle would have a small impact on Earth’s climate anyway

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ts-still-wrong

Roughly every two years we’re treated to headlines repeating the myth that Earth is headed for an imminent “mini ice age.” It happened in 2013, 2015, and again just recently at the tail end of 2017.

This time around, the myth appears to have been sparked by a Sky News interview with Northumbria University mathematics professor Valentina Zharkova. The story was quickly echoed by the Daily Mail, International Business Times, Sputnik News, Metro, Tru News, and others. Zharkova was also behind the ‘mini ice age’ stories in 2015, based on her research predicting that the sun will soon enter a quiet phase.

Old 11-17-2018, 03:56 PM   #234
fast4522

Quote:
Prove me wrong.
Facts only, please.

Read these - as good as YOu have been providing.
Even has pictures.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weird...a-Moulton-Howe

http://exonews.org/google-earth-reve...ret-ufo-bases/
First you have to understand that this is the Battle of the Little Bighorn for Hcap, it is his last stand. Soon when he stops posting the nonsense and all those gigs will scroll off.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2018, 06:09 PM   #235
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
First you have to understand that this is the Battle of the Little Bighorn for Hcap, it is his last stand. Soon when he stops posting the nonsense and all those gigs will scroll off.
Holy shit, are you guys out of it. I doubt aliens on eath and you guys flip out

I said this to Tom. For you as well...
Quote:
The burden of proof rests on you. Just like your and Chumpy's Birtherism malarkey.

Carl Sagan popularized "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence", which later came to be known as the Sagan standard.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:20 PM   #236
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I do not believe in Carl Sagan.
Old 11-17-2018, 07:31 PM   #237
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
In plain English, the small change in sunlight reaching the Earth during a new Maunder minimum wouldn’t be enough to reverse climate change.
What do you mean by "reverse climate change?"

It seems to me, the climate is never fixed, never has been, never will be. It is always changing.
In a sense, climate = change.
The problem with the Climate Change cultists is, if its hot that's due to climate change.
If its cold that's due to climate change.
If it rains that's climate change.
If a drought comes that's climate change.
The Climate Change Umbrella covers everything, everywhere, every day.
So what does reversing climate change mean?
It's been reversing back and forth since I was born (and millions of years before that too.)
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2018, 07:37 PM   #238
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Climate change is what they need it to be.
Old 11-17-2018, 07:47 PM   #239
Greyfox

Quote:
Climate change is what they need it to be.
That's good. I kinda thought so. Like pantyhose -"One size fits all."
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2018, 08:21 PM   #240
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
What do you mean by "reverse climate change?"

It seems to me, the climate is never fixed, never has been, never will be. It is always changing.
In a sense, climate = change.
The problem with the Climate Change cultists is, if its hot that's due to climate change.
If its cold that's due to climate change.
If it rains that's climate change.
If a drought comes that's climate change.
The Climate Change Umbrella covers everything, everywhere, every day.
So what does reversing climate change mean?
It's been reversing back and forth since I was born (and millions of years before that too.)
when the trending direction changes back towards the mean, that is reverse climate change
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply