Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-20-2018, 06:01 PM   #76
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I disagree. IMO...the "brakes" should have been applied when you called for the "respect" that boxcar's posting style doesn't deserve, IMO. When boxcar starts respecting the conflicting opinions of others...then those conflicting opinions will respect boxcar's point of view. Respect is EARNED...it cannot be demanded.
You don't read too swell. I didn't disrespect Hcap's "opinion" in 22, I "disrespected" him. Learn the difference!
Old 10-20-2018, 06:04 PM   #77
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

"When boxcar starts respecting the conflicting opinions of others...then those conflicting opinions will respect boxcar's point of view. Respect is EARNED...it cannot be demanded."

Well now, here we go exposing oneself again, there is no need for agreement.

If I say 2 + 2 = 4, where is the argument against it?

Style is never an issue. It's always a question of right vs. wrong.

Everyone has an opinion so what?

Last edited by Buckeye; 10-20-2018 at 06:09 PM.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2018, 06:08 PM   #78
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Well, 'scuse me all to the Lake of Fire -- but when have you ever called out Hcap for disrespecting me!?

So...before trying to pull any perceived speck out of Margie's eye, methinks you should remove the plank that is very clearly embedded in your own.
As I said...no one should demand respect from anyone...because "respect" is something that should be EARNED. I've never asked you to respect Hcap's opinion...nor have I asked Hcap to respect yours. That's where Margie errs...IMO. There has to be justice for all.

Last edited by thaskalos; 10-20-2018 at 06:09 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2018, 06:11 PM   #79
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
I didn't say "Founders."

A 'forefather' is an ancestor; an 'ancestor' is a person from whom one is descended; forebear; progenitor; a 'progenitor' is a person or thing that first indicates a direction, originates something, or serves as a model; predecessor; precursor.
You are the one judging who can and who can not speak their beliefs.

FYI.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...ance-61312684/

"From the earliest arrival of Europeans on America’s shores, religion has often been a cudgel, used to discriminate, suppress and even kill the foreign, the “heretic” and the “unbeliever”—including the “heathen” natives already here. Moreover, while it is true that the vast majority of early-generation Americans were Christian, the pitched battles between various Protestant sects and, more explosively, between Protestants and Catholics, present an unavoidable contradiction to the widely held notion that America is a “Christian nation.”

I am not religious in your or boxcar's codified acceptable way. We all have the right to believe as we wish, and not to be dictated to by extremist religious types. I certainly can chose to not believe in sin. You and boxcar are the modern day " cudgels, trying to discriminate, suppress" other beliefs

Very disrespectful

Last edited by hcap; 10-20-2018 at 06:13 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2018, 06:19 PM   #80
MargieRose

Quote:
As I said...no one should demand respect from anyone...because "respect" is something that should be EARNED. I've never asked you to respect Hcap's opinion...nor have I asked Hcap to respect yours. That's where Margie errs...IMO. There has to be justice for all.
I was never talking about respecting each other's opinions; just each other on a personal level.

Hcap is reading everything I said wrong, too. Jeez!!

A statement like this is just plain disrespectful...on a PERSONAL level:

"...wild-eyed self important blathering evangelicals like you."

Last edited by MargieRose; 10-20-2018 at 06:24 PM.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2018, 06:21 PM   #81
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Consider this:

You can believe anything you want hcap, and you could be wrong at the very same time.

Just because you I or anyone holds an opinion doesn't mean anything.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:33 PM   #82
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
You can believe anything you want hcap, and you could be wrong at the very same time.

Just because you I or anyone holds an opinion doesn't mean anything.
Our right to disagree without being judged by others as wrong and unworthy, sure does.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:44 PM   #83
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
I was never talking about respecting each other's opinions; just each other on a personal level.

Hcap is reading everything I said wrong, too. Jeez!!

A statement like this is just plain disrespectful...on a PERSONAL level:

"...wild-eyed self important blathering evangelicals like you."

No one knows anybody here on a "personal level"; the "disrespect" that we see is aimed at the opposing OPINIONS...and not necessarily at the "person', him/herself. The arguments here sound a lot more personal than they really are, IMO. And..."wild-eyed self important blathering, whatever"...is rather tame compared to other expressions that I've seen during the political discussions here...from BOTH sides. If you are waiting for the conservatives and the liberals to start "respecting" each other here...then the best I can do is to advise you not to hold your breath.

Last edited by thaskalos; 10-20-2018 at 06:55 PM.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:54 PM   #84
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Our right to disagree without being judged by others as wrong and unworthy, sure does.
Oh my God, now you're getting Spiritual all of a sudden.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:57 PM   #85
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Quote:
If you are waiting for the conservatives and the liberals to start "respecting" each other here...then the best I can do is to advise you not to hold your breath.
Gotta hand it to you there, it's a battle between Good and Evil.

Like I said.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:05 PM   #86
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
You don't read too swell. I didn't disrespect Hcap's "opinion" in 22, I "disrespected" him. Learn the difference!
The only thing that you know about Hcap are his online opinions; you know nothing about "him".
Old 10-20-2018, 07:12 PM   #87
hcap

Quote:
The only thing that you know about Hcap are his online opinions; you know nothing about "him".
I told him I had a son. He pestered me continuously how I reconciled "original sin", which I think is nonsense, with educating him. And when I refused to discuss it, he only pestered me more anytime O.S. came up on the religious threads.

That told me tons about him personally.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:26 PM   #88
thaskalos

Quote:
I told him I had a son. He pestered me continuously how I reconciled "original sin", which I think is nonsense, with educating him. And when I refused to discuss it, he only pestered me more anytime O.S. came up on the religious threads.

That told me tons about him personally.
My own experience tells me that the social media often brings out the worst in people...so, I can't presume to know anything substantial about a person unless I interact with him/her OUTSIDE of the social-media landscape.

Last edited by thaskalos; 10-20-2018 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:29 PM   #89
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Quote:
My own experience tells me that the social media often brings out the worst in people...so, I can't presume to know anything about a person unless I interact with him/her OUTSIDE of the social-media landscape.
Very good thaskalos, very good indeed.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:39 PM   #90
boxcar

Quote:
What judges you in being wrong are all your non-answers, non-rebuttals in your posts that consist for the most part of non sequiturs, straw men, red herrings and equivocations. Because you continually employ these deceptive tactics in your posts, I perceive that you're not a very honest person.

There! I said it. Take it or leave it!