Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2023, 02:13 PM   #46
$w1fT
SaratogaFan1

https://paulickreport.com/news/the-b...co2-violation/
Old 05-15-2023, 02:28 PM   #47
Inner Dirt

I am sure a horse is anesthetized and put under to put a tube in their nose and into their stomach. How soon would they do that before racing? You would think their has to be perfect timing. Running too soon after milk shaking the horse would be groggy, too late and the effects would wear off. The stuff some trainers do to those wonderful animals disgusts me.

They need to clean up the sport, invest some money in it and put the cheaters out of business. If everyone is clean that levels the playing field,
a horse should only be medicated for medical purposes and not to enhance performance.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 05-15-2023 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-15-2023, 04:05 PM   #48
Geno_Gino

Quote:
Originally Posted by $w1fT View Post
Shocking news. Who would've thought?

I thought an immediate 15-point Beyer figure increase in horses he claims is due to "getting them proper dental care and deworming" ... or did that talking point wear thin after a few decades of use by people like Jaime Ness, Jason Servis, Lou Pena, Jorge Navarro and a few others?
Old 05-15-2023, 04:42 PM   #49
Boomer

The good old fashioned milkshake. I used to watch trainers at Monti in the open paddock milkshake horses. They would try to be sneaky but I knew who they were and what they were doing. At least 20 years ago. Trainers will remain nameless. But those horses would fly around the track. And I would fly to the windows.
Old 05-15-2023, 05:19 PM   #50
VeryOldMan

A number of years ago, a friend of mine had a few horses at Charles Town and I was on the backside one night - wandered around the barns to kill time and actually witnessed a horse being milkshaked, as it turned out. I had absolutely no idea at the time what the heck was going on, but have subsequently seen pictures, videos, etc. and now realize I'd seen a horse undergoing the procedure. Go figure. Crude but effective.

It's frustrating how's there's always an explanation. Diodoro doesn't want to go into his "feed program" but that could be it. Pletcher is now claiming environmental contamination (have I heard that before?) re the Meloxicam overage for Forte. And these could well be the case - but the delays, inconsistent enforcement, etc. generate cynicism that this sport certainly doesn't need and suggest that there still is a Wild West mentality here. Is it like a former NASCAR chief said - "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying"?
Old 05-15-2023, 07:08 PM   #51
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by $w1fT View Post
I don't believe Robertino Diodoro did anything wrong. He's got such an honest face.
Old 05-15-2023, 07:16 PM   #52
Inner Dirt

I wonder how many fans would be on board with a temporary increase in takeout if the money was used to clean up the game? I know I would.
Old 05-15-2023, 08:59 PM   #53
GO FAST AND WIN

Didn't feel the need to dignify your response to my initial post in this thread because your response was just LOL, but very nice choice of trainer Vic. How do you plan to explain to people who may be first time owners in your so called "syndicate" this guy's past and present or you just gonna leave that out? Why was he taking horses briefly off the grounds and bringing them back right before they raced a few years ago at the track you were announcing at Vic?

His suspension is a absolute joke and a big part of what's wrong with the sport in my opinion. 30 days and a fine of only 1k when how many times this guys been popped already? Suspension doesn't even start till the end of the year and only a 1k fine which is probaly money he wipes his rear end with.......yeah ok.
Old 05-15-2023, 10:06 PM   #54
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FAST AND WIN View Post
Didn't feel the need to dignify your response to my initial post in this thread because your response was just LOL, but very nice choice of trainer Vic. How do you plan to explain to people who may be first time owners in your so called "syndicate" this guy's past and present or you just gonna leave that out? Why was he taking horses briefly off the grounds and bringing them back right before they raced a few years ago at the track you were announcing at Vic?

His suspension is a absolute joke and a big part of what's wrong with the sport in my opinion. 30 days and a fine of only 1k when how many times this guys been popped already? Suspension doesn't even start till the end of the year and only a 1k fine which is probaly money he wipes his rear end with.......yeah ok.

Not fair to put this on Vic. My best friend from High School ended up stalking his two ex wives and is now a vagrant on the sex offender registry. Because he was such a good long term friend and a back in the day car guy buddy it took a long time to not buy his cock and bull stories.
Old 05-15-2023, 10:23 PM   #55
$w1fT
SaratogaFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FAST AND WIN View Post

As far as my last check a few hours ago, Vic was still advertising Diodoro as his trainer for this thing…

So word hasn’t gotten to Vic or he simply doesn’t care?
Old 05-16-2023, 07:12 AM   #56
RayT
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Not fair to put this on Vic. My best friend from High School ended up stalking his two ex wives and is now a vagrant on the sex offender registry. Because he was such a good long term friend and a back in the day car guy buddy it took a long time to not buy his cock and bull stories.
Yeah because there is no history with this trainer and it is a complete shock to all.
Old 05-16-2023, 07:29 AM   #57
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayT View Post
Yeah because there is no history with this trainer and it is a complete shock to all.

Your first post is this or are you someone's alter ego?
Old 05-16-2023, 08:03 AM   #58
RayT
Veteran

Quote:
But am I wrong?
Old 05-16-2023, 08:11 AM   #59
castaway01

Quote:
To be fair though, other people here (um, TLG) get killed for every single thing they say. Vic is trying to raise money to run a barn with a highly suspicious trainer in charge, so why should he be exempt from criticism? Actions speak way louder than words.
Old 05-16-2023, 08:27 AM   #60
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayT View Post
But am I wrong?

I have no knowledge of that trainer's past as I don't play Oaklawn.
Closed Thread