Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-14-2021, 01:56 PM   #1
teddy

My PICK 5 findings

Just a note I have my pick 5 wagers in the A B C type of format... But the key is to bet the A ticket 4 times more, The B ticket Twice.. The C ticket once.

I had huge hits this way. Put the price horses in your A ticket so you clean up when you connect.
teddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-16-2021, 10:09 PM   #2
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy View Post
Just a note I have my pick 5 wagers in the A B C type of format... But the key is to bet the A ticket 4 times more, The B ticket Twice.. The C ticket once.

I had huge hits this way. Put the price horses in your A ticket so you clean up when you connect.
Not really sure what you are saying in paragraph 1. I think if you are playing a ticket like 1x1x3x3x8 then it isn't so hard. You would do something like

1x1x3x3xA for $2
1x1x3x3xB's for $1
1x1x3x3x c's for 50 cents
then come back and do the same thing keying the A;s
in legs 3 and 4

If that is what you are saying, I cannot argue, that is very sound betting
practice, it is just expensive and requires a higher bankroll because you have no added percentage chance of winning and you are outlaying more money. The bonus is that when you are really right you hit multiple times.

Regarding the 2nd paragraph, once again not really sure what you are saying. Are you saying that you should wait for sequences where you don't think your A's will be favorites (thus waiting for value) no arguments here other than I don't practice that ( who has the patience). Or are you saying that you would rather make your A choice a horse that is not your top choice, but a good value contender that might be paying 6 or 8 to 1. Honestly don't have a problem with either approach I mentioned but once again it is that bankroll we are talking about. You start substituting 15% A choices for 35% A choices, you start missing a lot of pick 5's When you are right you will get paid(that is your point), but for the bankroll restricted player, it is risky business. You might be turning a 5 to 10 k bankroll into a 35K bankroll or higher. If that isn't an issue for you go for it. You will cash far less frequently but when you are dead on, you will get paid huge amounts of money. This is actually more in line with the betting theory of the self proclaimed God of Betting ITP, even though he doesn't like the ABC method.

Needs no mention the better the handicapper you are the better you will do with this method. The second you make a 4-1 an A and the 3/5 favorite waltzes home a B choice, your pick 5 investment just became a pick 5 donation. Your best case scenario for the rest of the sequence will typically only get you a small profit.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2021, 11:24 AM   #3
Robert Fischer
clean money

see what you can do

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddy View Post

Teddy, can you please build me a Ticket?

BANKROLL: $1,000.00

Church Early P5 today

R1 A=

R2 A= B= C=

R3 A= B=

R4 A= B=

R5 A= B= C=
Old 11-24-2021, 01:03 AM   #4
teddy

Sorry just saw this. XBSelect has a bet maker... I use that. Its part of xpressbet for small whales.. haha..
teddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2021, 09:58 PM   #5
LemonSoupKid

I love these threads as mostly I've landed on the pick 5 as the best combo of price and hitting it, since it is the lowest take and still a $.50 base.

With pick 6s I typically shoot only if I have two races I love and the rest I like, or the pool/carryover is interesting. Pick 4s are like 24% take and combos are easier to throw bombs on, so BC days or big racing are the only shots I take - way too high a track take there and a LOT of players.
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: