Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-19-2023, 01:31 PM   #1
Dahoss2002

Justice for Alec Baldwin

He will still probably end up with a slap on the wrist but this is a start.

https://www.aol.com/entertainment/al...161204056.html
Dahoss2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2023, 02:33 PM   #2
Inner Dirt

How do you charge someone with two counts of involuntary manslaughter over one death, was the lady pregnant? I like how Yahoo takes the side of Alec Baldwin, they are of course left wing trash. Hollywood definitely needs to upgrade it's weapon handling protocols. Alec Baldwin didn't use basic gun safety I was taught when I was 7. A gun is always loaded unless you personally know otherwise by inspecting it yourself. He also was the person in charge so he is responsible for the set. Common sense gun safety would have prevented that woman's death, no way to argue.

Alec deserves to be taught a lesson, nice year in county jail, let him go on work release picking up trash on the side of the highway.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2023, 02:46 PM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Maybe his Trump impersonations can land him some leniency with the court
Old 01-19-2023, 03:41 PM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Give the rat-bastrd the full sentence in hard time.
F him.
Old 01-19-2023, 04:07 PM   #5
P.Rosa
Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
How do you charge someone with two counts of involuntary manslaughter over one death, was the lady pregnant?
He was charged twice for the same offense under two different statutes.
This gives the prosecution a better chance of getting a conviction.

"Involuntary
Involuntary manslaughter is the killing of a human being without intent of doing so, either expressed or implied. It is distinguished from voluntary manslaughter by the absence of intention. It is normally divided into two categories, constructive manslaughter and criminally negligent manslaughter, both of which involve criminal liability.

Constructive
Constructive manslaughter is also referred to as "unlawful act" manslaughter.[9] It is based on the doctrine of constructive malice, whereby the malicious intent inherent in the commission of a crime is considered to apply to the consequences of that crime. It occurs when someone kills, without intent, in the course of committing an unlawful act. The malice involved in the crime is transferred to the killing, resulting in a charge of manslaughter.

For example, a person who fails to stop at a red traffic light while driving a vehicle and hits someone crossing the street could be found to intend or be reckless as to assault or criminal damage (see DPP v Newbury[10]). There is no intent to kill, and a resulting death would not be considered murder, but would be considered involuntary manslaughter. The accused's responsibility for causing death is constructed from the fault in committing what might have been a minor criminal act. Reckless driving or reckless handling of a potentially lethal weapon may result in a death that is deemed manslaughter. The DPP v Newbury case had redefined the meaning of murder in the Australian constitution, and reformed in order to include a mens rea assessment.

Involuntary manslaughter may be distinguished from accidental death. A person who is driving carefully, but whose car nevertheless hits a child darting out into the street, has not committed manslaughter. A person who pushes off an aggressive drunk, who then falls and dies, has probably not committed manslaughter, although in some jurisdictions it may depend whether "excessive force" was used or other factors.

As manslaughter is not defined by legislation in Australia, common law decisions provide the basis for determining whether an act resulting in death amounts to manslaughter by unlawful and dangerous act.[11] To be found guilty of manslaughter by an unlawful and dangerous act, the accused must be shown to have committed an unlawful act which is contrary to the criminal law,[12] and that a reasonable person in the position of the accused would have known that by their act, they were exposing the victim to an "appreciable risk of serious injury".[13]

Criminally negligent
Main article: Negligent homicide
Criminally negligent manslaughter is variously referred to as criminally negligent homicide in the United States, and gross negligence manslaughter in England and Wales. In Scotland and some Commonwealth of Nations jurisdictions the offence of culpable homicide might apply.

It occurs where death results from serious negligence, or, in some jurisdictions, serious recklessness. A high degree of negligence is required to warrant criminal liability.[14] A related concept is that of willful blindness, which is where a defendant intentionally puts themselves in a position where they will be unaware of facts which would render them liable.

Criminally negligent manslaughter occurs where there is an omission to act when there is a duty to do so, or a failure to perform a duty owed, which leads to a death. The existence of the duty is essential because the law does not impose criminal liability for a failure to act unless a specific duty is owed to the victim. It is most common in the case of professionals who are grossly negligent in the course of their employment. An example is where a doctor fails to notice a patient's oxygen supply has disconnected and the patient dies (R v Adomako and R v Perreau).[15] Another example could be leaving a child locked in a car on a hot day.[citation needed]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manslaughter
Old 01-19-2023, 10:01 PM   #6
TJDave

Quote:
Alec deserves to be taught a lesson, nice year in county jail, let him go on work release picking up trash on the side of the highway.
No, he really doesn’t. Alec was play acting. None of this was his responsibility. The gun was supposedly a prop. The fact it could kill is/was not his fault.
Old 01-19-2023, 10:09 PM   #7
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
No, he really doesn’t. Alec was play acting. None of this was his responsibility. The gun was supposedly a prop. The fact it could kill is/was not his fault.
that is why they call it involuntary - no intent but HE did it
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2023, 10:15 PM   #8
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I finally figured it out after that post about the Trump impressions.

He should find some MAGA crew member he can blame for putting a real bullet in there as payback for all those Trump impressions.

Any jury would definitely buy that...juries are mostly all hand-picked simps these days anyway.

And why shouldn't Alec Baldwin be held accountable? He hasn't been on enough sets with guns to check and make sure?

And why would a prop gun be able to handle live ammunition? Shouldn't they be designed in some way not to?

Were they using a real gun for some reason to make it look more authentic? I guess I've forgotten or not paid enough attention to this story that really doesn't matter to anyone except the poor dead woman and her family and friends.
Old 01-19-2023, 10:21 PM   #9
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
And why shouldn't Alec Baldwin be held accountable? He hasn't been on enough sets with guns to check and make sure?
Why should he check?

Honestly, think about it.
Old 01-19-2023, 10:22 PM   #10
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Why should he check?

Honestly, think about it.
Because people have been killed before on sets...with a prop gun that was filled with the PROPER ammunition?

Didn't Brandon Lee die that way? And there was someone else too before him...can't remember his name though at the moment. I know, google is my friend...
Old 01-19-2023, 10:38 PM   #11
TJDave

The fact that a real gun should enter into the equation is absurd.

And that an actor should be responsible doubly so.
Old 01-19-2023, 10:38 PM   #12
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Because people have been killed before on sets...with a prop gun that was filled with the PROPER ammunition?

Didn't Brandon Lee die that way? And there was someone else too before him...can't remember his name though at the moment. I know, google is my friend...

A prop gun only designates it is used as prop, of course it could be a real gun or a replica. Without Googling the other guy killed was Jon Eric Hexum, I could have misspelled his name. Once again from memory, I believe he died because he put a gun loaded with blanks to his head and pulled the trigger. He did not realize a wad and force of exploding gunpowder still come out of the end of the barrel. What I read about the prop ammo is a lot of it if just a real cartridge with a whole drilled in it to drain the powder, then a ball bearing is pushed through the whole. The cartridges rattle when shaken to know there is no powder. That way from all angles a revolver looks loaded, even though they are dummy rounds.
Old 01-19-2023, 10:40 PM   #13
Inner Dirt

Quote:
The fact that a real gun should enter into the equation is absurd.

And that an actor should be responsible doubly so.

Wrong! Real ammo should not have been on set, dummy rounds or blanks only.
Old 01-19-2023, 10:43 PM   #14
TJDave

A prop gun should not be a real gun…ever.

Rephrase:

A prop gun should never be a REAL gun.
Old 01-19-2023, 10:44 PM   #15
TJDave

Quote:
Wrong! Real ammo should not have been on set, dummy rounds or blanks only.
Exactly

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: