Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-13-2021, 05:34 AM   #136
Richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
This ain't his first rodeo. That's really the point, I believe. He's been suspended and caught a bunch of times...plus there are other suspicions that have swirled around him for years...
and lets not forget shipping in belmont stakes day and winning 5 graded stakes races, they should have froze samples for all 5 winners, i will never believe that was on the up and up
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2021, 08:32 AM   #137
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
and lets not forget shipping in belmont stakes day and winning 5 graded stakes races, they should have froze samples for all 5 winners, i will never believe that was on the up and up
One thing that all sports should do is freeze a portion of every sample.

The history of doping is replete with people developing drugs that don't show up in tests, and then a test later being devised that detects the drug. We saw this in track and field and baseball with the BALCO scandal, and with blood doping in cycling. Servis and his associates were heard bragging that the stuff they were using didn't show up on tests.

I actually think the possibility of retrospective testing after a new test is developed is a bigger deterrent than you might think. People have egos and care about their historical legacies. Knowing that even if you beat a test now, they might find out 5 years from now that you were cheating (and could throw the book at you when they do) could be a significant deterrent.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2021, 08:44 AM   #138
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
The difference is this...none of them have been caught in the Kentucky Oaks, Kentucky Derby, and Arkansas Derby. Maybe it shouldn't be that way, but this is always going to be bigger than getting popped in a 10k NW2 claimer somewhere.
Therein lies the problem. Those are the horses being mistreated with drugs so they can run them every 3 weeks with little to no concern for the safety of the horse but the jurisdictions don't care about this because this is where their bread and butter comes from in terms of filing cards and making money of the handle. They lose money on the big purse races not to mention most race tracks wouldn't exist without these bottom level doped up claimers.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2021, 08:46 AM   #139
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
No

None of the other Trainers hurt the Derby and Oaks brand like Baffert did so he should go first.
Then why should he be banned from Nyra or the Breeders Cup. As faras I know he hasn't had any violations in either New York or at any Breeders Cup?
Old 09-13-2021, 08:50 AM   #140
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Should a person who robs $1000 from a 7-11 store face the same sentence as a bank robber who steals $5,000,000?
Yes it's the same crime. Actually White collar criminals who steal millions usually get less prison time then your average bank robber. You just hate the guy so you have biased point of view. I'd rather get rid of the guy first who dopes his horses so they can run every three weeks with little to zero concern for the welfare of the horse.
Old 09-13-2021, 08:54 AM   #141
azeri98

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
For the same reason that just because OJ Simpson got acquitted in a court, doesn't mean that if you operate a restaurant you have to give him a table.
Isn't that discrimination? You have to have a valid reason to not serve him. Being acquitted murder is no one of them.
Old 09-13-2021, 09:56 AM   #142
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
Then why should he be banned from Nyra or the Breeders Cup. As faras I know he hasn't had any violations in either New York or at any Breeders Cup?
We all know he's been using undetectable performance enhancers. To believe imbeciles like Servis and Navarro used similar stuff and got away with it for years and not believe that more intelligent outfits with more resources are not using more sophisticated performance enhancers is fantasy IMO. And I'd put Cox in second place behind Baffert in that category.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2021, 09:58 AM   #143
dilanesp

Quote:
Let's say you find out a babysitter you have used before has been credibly accused of child abuse by several other parents. But you haven't seen any evidence that the babysitter has abused yours. Do you continue to employ that babysitter?
Old 09-13-2021, 09:59 AM   #144
dilanesp

Quote:
Isn't that discrimination? You have to have a valid reason to not serve him. Being acquitted murder is no one of them.
No, you actually don't have to have a "valid reason" to refuse service to someone (and of course, even if you did, a person's dishonest or criminal activity or impropriety would be such a valid reason). And no, it's not discriminatory to refuse to do business with someone because of prior wrongdoing.
Old 09-13-2021, 10:20 AM   #145
classhandicapper

I wonder how much of what Baffert is doing is related to trying to prevent the DQ for himself and the owner and how much is related to trying to minimize the suspension and loss of owners and reputation for himself.
Old 09-13-2021, 10:24 AM   #146
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I wonder how much of what Baffert is doing is related to trying to prevent the DQ for himself and the owner and how much is related to trying to minimize the suspension and loss of owners and reputation for himself.
It's all about his legacy and not giving up the limelight. If Breeders' Cup bans him then it's all over. Hearing that the Board is divided and that's because several people on the Breeders Cup board have horses with Baffert. They should at the very least recuse themselves from voting IMO
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2021, 10:59 AM   #147
airford1

I could never see the value of spending every waking moment dedicated to tearing down people in the sport we enjoy.
airford1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2021, 12:03 PM   #148
SandyW

Quote:
Originally Posted by airford1 View Post
I could never see the value of spending every waking moment dedicated to tearing down people in the sport we enjoy.
Agreed: 1000%
The hate is mind boggling.
SandyW is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2021, 12:09 PM   #149
Hedevar

It is not hate. It is an attempt to salvage what integrity the sport has left!
Hedevar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2021, 12:13 PM   #150
Hedevar

Which is pitifully very little.
Hedevar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: