Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-04-2021, 09:31 PM   #16
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Well then they're idiots for assuming his political leanings before sending him money, as if THAT'S the ONLY reason to support a worthy cause.

And they're also idiots for letting his political leanings ALTER the reason why they sent him money in the first place.

NOTHING CHANGED in that regard.
You're just not getting it. His political leanings have nothing to do with it. If you read the article that I posted, you'd know that he dissed presidents from both parties.

I know your political leanings (they align, for the most part, with mine), but call me a jerk, call me stupid, imply that my ignorant generation will be gone soon, make me feel like a chump, and I'd turn by back on you, too.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2021, 10:08 PM   #17
MargieRose

THIS...by John Ondrasik

Like all Americans, I was stunned and horrified at the images of falling bodies from planes, mothers handing babies over walls, and terrified Afghans being crushed to death at checkpoints due to our precipitous withdrawal from Afghanistan. I am deeply troubled by the plight of Afghan women forced to live under the return of Taliban rule and felt great sadness when reading a story about a popular folk singer, Fawad Andarabi, being dragged from his home and shot by the Taliban.

Though I believe the decision to withdraw or not from Afghanistan has good arguments on both sides, I cannot comprehend why the Biden administration would not extend the August 31 deadline thus leaving American citizens, SIV holders, and Afghan allies behind to a terrorist Taliban regime. As a life-long supporter of our military I believe “no man left behind” applied to all Americans as well as those we promise to protect.

On the day 13 of our soldiers and over 60 Afghans were killed by a suicide bomber I sat down to write this song. After our last solider left Afghanistan, I received a call from a friend organizing rescue evacs of “AM-CITS” and SIV holders. It was a highly emotional call and moment of clarity. Private citizens now had the burden of risking their lives to rescue Americans and Afghan allies that our government left behind. America has broken her promise, but these brave Americans have not.

America was built on the foundational freedom to criticize one’s leaders and hold them accountable. It is what separates us from our communist and dictatorship adversaries. How else can we as a nation learn from our mistakes and make better decisions moving forward without honest reflection on our actions? To date, I have not seen that accountability.

There is a great tradition of artists speaking their minds and calling out their leaders for answers. Many of those have been inspirations to me. I understand that this song might be perceived by some as a political attack, but those who follow me know I am an American with a history of calling out both sides. If Donald Trump were President and he put us in the same situation, the song would remain the same, only the names would change.

After hearing “Blood on My Hands,” a friend said he found the song to be politically neutral, but morally-forward. My hope is that this song helps demand accountability, so the American promise is never again forsaken.

JO 9/21

Note: In my haste to release this song I uploaded a video with an incorrect lyric. The army motto is "This We'll Defend" not "This will defend". Though we have corrected the error on other platforms YouTube will not allow us to swap out the video without deleting a link that has been widely shared. Therefore we will keep up this video for now. I apologize for the mistake and upon reflection am taking steps so it does not happen again. I hope those mentioned in this song one day find it in their hearts to do the same thing.
Old 10-04-2021, 10:22 PM   #18
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
You're just not getting it. His political leanings have nothing to do with it. If you read the article that I posted, you'd know that he dissed presidents from both parties.

I know your political leanings (they align, for the most part, with mine), but call me a jerk, call me stupid, imply that my ignorant generation will be gone soon, make me feel like a chump, and I'd turn by back on you, too.
I read the article you posted. It only STRENGTHENS my belief in what I've already posted.

In fact, I have MORE RESPECT for the guy then I did before, after reading your article. Note: please don't take that to mean that I AGREE with everything the Lt. Col. was quoted saying in that piece. I don't.

It's amazing to me how some of you (including all those crying now, who donated money to the guy) just absolutely lose your shit if anyone says one negative word about Trump.

I never believed it when some on here would throw "TRUMP IS YOUR GOD" at his supporters, because that is so absurd.

But reading some of these latest posts in this thread, I'm starting to have my doubts.

Scary.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 10-04-2021 at 10:25 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2021, 12:42 AM   #19
Poindexter

Have to agree with PA here. I don't get the venom for this guy. I don't see anything he said that was all that bad. He gave his opinion. I am not seeing what you people are seeing. He strikes me as someone with strong personal convictions and I cannot fault someone for that unless they are just irrational or stupid or dishonest which I do not see here. I have no problems with Trump as President (overall he was effective), but I cannot argue with anyone that questions his honesty, integrity, character, or ability to bring this country together. Those are not Trumps strong points.

What Trump had going for himself is he plays to win and he is quite an effective strategist. The fact he plays to win and he was President meant that for the most part America and Americans won, whether Americans realized it or not (because the media was so effective at downplaying or even ignoring his accomplishments, making up fake news and of course amplifying his mistakes or anything that they can use to make him look bad). No man can succeed with all that going against him. Trump did a heck of a job considering all that going against him. The strength Trump showed throughout his presidency was actually incredibly impressive. Actually unlike the libs who really think Trump was a buffoon, I think he is actually a pretty smart guy (more street smart than book smart).

The current administration on the other hand has all kinds of agendas, none of which make me conclude that America or Americans are winning.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2021, 03:45 AM   #20
TJDave

Quote:
I never believed it when some on here would throw "TRUMP IS YOUR GOD" at his supporters, because that is so absurd.

But reading some of these latest posts in this thread, I'm starting to have my doubts.
It’s a start.
Old 10-05-2021, 04:46 PM   #21
MargieRose

Quote:
I read the article you posted. It only STRENGTHENS my belief in what I've already posted.

In fact, I have MORE RESPECT for the guy then I did before, after reading your article. Note: please don't take that to mean that I AGREE with everything the Lt. Col. was quoted saying in that piece. I don't.

It's amazing to me how some of you (including all those crying now, who donated money to the guy) just absolutely lose your shit if anyone says one negative word about Trump.

Scary.
Let me put it this way: if Trump were to call his supporters jerks, stupid, state/imply that their ignorant generation will be gone soon, make them feel like chumps, I'd turn by back on him, too, notwithstanding his accomplishments. Respect for loyalty matters to me...greatly!

I agree with, understand and respect Lt. Col. Scheller's opinion concerning the current military debacle. I think he served his country honorably and deeply resents his superiors not doing so, in his opinion and in the opinion of most others. I'm glad that he had the guts and strength (rare characteristics) to speak his mind with conviction. He doesn't deserve the treatment his is getting from these current, apparently, despicably woke military elites.

I don't care that he hates Trump; his initial reason being that he is incapable, in his opinion, of bringing this country together. At least, he had the integrity to correct his first statement when he said that Trump was responsible for dividing the country. Thumbs up!

What I don't agree with, don't understand and don't respect are his demeaning opinions about his mostly conservative supporters. You know, the flag-carrying, true patriots of this country; the people who hold our military in the greatest of esteem. Why does he even have those opinions, let alone express them?

What has emerged from discovering the inner depths of Scheller's mindset just doesn't make any sense. I still support his 'guts and strength' in what he expressed about his military; albeit, I see deeper issues. I see a double-edged sword!

MY opinion about this whole matter certainly has nothing to do with a "TRUMP IS YOUR GOD" mantra. I worship but one God, and He, and only He, is worthy.

Please rethink your growing "scary" "doubts" about some of us.
Old 10-05-2021, 06:07 PM   #22
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
So I view Lieutenant colonel as a 15 year man, and as such he had the opportunity to resign. Correct me if my thinking is off, but I recall when many at 29 Palms did that when they did not want to take a different shot. Sure not the same thing but Lieutenant colonel, then Colonel, then Major none of which get to demand anything. Or am I not close there too?
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2021, 09:55 PM   #23
dlivery

Quote:
That's pretty ****ing sad of you to say.

So all of a sudden, what's happened to this guy means nothing because he doesn't support Trump?

See, this is EXACTLY what is wrong with this country, why it is FAR GONE DOWN THE TOILET...and why it will never recover.
Continuing down the same path how can that be turned around
dlivery is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2021, 10:32 PM   #24
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
Evidently, Lt. Col. Scheller is a huge Trump hater. He also has little regard for many conservatives that sent money, money, money, monn-nay to him. Check out his Facebook comments about Trump, if you can get on or get on to his page.

Well, many are asking for their donations back, which they should get.

And, he could now rot for I care.
they must of heard he a Trump hater, so let him go for now.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/mari...ller-released/
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2021, 10:34 PM   #25
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Apparently, it should.

Woke Soldier Says She’ll Shoot Americans Who Disobey Her If Martial Law Is Declared

Old 10-05-2021, 10:42 PM   #26
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post

5d chess
Old 10-06-2021, 12:41 AM   #27
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post

Scheller has dissed Trump and several other previous presidents and even General Flynn, but curiously not Biden??

So he's a Trump hater, but it wasn't Trump who got 13 soldiers killed, etc., etc., etc..

The positioning of that chess board is symbolic...
Old 10-06-2021, 08:19 PM   #28
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Scheller has dissed Trump and several other previous presidents and even General Flynn, but curiously not Biden??

So he's a Trump hater, but it wasn't Trump who got 13 soldiers killed, etc., etc., etc..

The positioning of that chess board is symbolic...
As a officer his fiduciary responsibly was to advance in rank or resign. Once released from service he can be partisan, and say whatever he wants. No matter who he is for or against. I feel the exact same way for General Mark Alexander Milley chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. So I understand the why's and the thinking behind the failure of each man, I just do not see the place for it when in service.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-14-2021, 08:29 AM   #29
JustRalph
Just another Facist

He might skate

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021...ommand-n422066

May make a deal with benefits

They don’t want a trial concerning the merits of his statements and whether he was right or not……..
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: