Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-18-2021, 08:29 PM   #16
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogo View Post
No where near 150k. My wife only works part time. My kids are older. 24, 22, and 18. So we didn't get anything for them in previous stimulus payments. But my understanding was that it didn't matter if they were over 17 as long as they were dependents on this one. Like Tom said, it should be 7k. Seems like everyone I work with got the correct amount. Just curious if anyone else had this happen.
Do you claim them as dependents?
Old 03-18-2021, 09:05 PM   #17
shots

Quote:
No where near 150k. My wife only works part time. My kids are older. 24, 22, and 18. So we didn't get anything for them in previous stimulus payments. But my understanding was that it didn't matter if they were over 17 as long as they were dependents on this one. Like Tom said, it should be 7k. Seems like everyone I work with got the correct amount. Just curious if anyone else had this happen.
Did you get to max stimulus the first two times?
shots is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-18-2021, 09:49 PM   #18
Bogo

Dave- Yes
Shots- My wife and I did. Just didn't get anything for the kids.

Was kind of hoping someone heard something about two payments. That would make sense because it was half. But I can't find anyone else in that boat.
Bogo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2021, 05:14 PM   #19
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Wife and I got $2800 deposited to our bank account on Monday. But like others, I fear this policy will lead to financial ruin. This stimulus money makes all our savings worth less. Right now, the US dollar is the currency of the world. But if Congress continues to print trillions of dollars every other quarter, investors will start dumping US bonds. To pay these off, congress will have to print more money, which will lead to more bonds being dumped, etc, downward spiral.
I dont think the majority in Congress understands how money works. It's not backed by precious metals anymore.

Last edited by Redboard; 03-19-2021 at 05:16 PM.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2021, 08:20 PM   #20
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

A PANDEMIC followed by a GREAT DEPRESSION II would be ideal for Democrats and far-leftists.

It would pretty much guarantee EVERYONE would end up under some kind of tyranny.
Old 03-19-2021, 08:28 PM   #21
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redboard View Post
Your just deserts for winning too much money at the track.
my delusional alter-ego agrees, and pities those of you qualifying for a check...

reality, more complicated, and far less condescending
Old 03-24-2021, 06:54 PM   #22
Bogo

An update. Got the other $3500 today, one week after the first payment. So anybody else that got half check the bank account today or one week after getting the first check.
Bogo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2021, 04:35 PM   #23
shots

Quote:
An update. Got the other $3500 today, one week after the first payment. So anybody else that got half check the bank account today or one week after getting the first check.
Glad to hear that.
Old 03-25-2021, 08:09 PM   #24
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I have lost a few employees this week because the stimulus made them rich.

One has 7 kids. Married.

We’re told she got 10k but I don’t know the math.

Another decided she can get by for 3 months and wants “administrative leave” until her money runs out

I laughed

Last edited by JustRalph; 03-25-2021 at 08:15 PM.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2021, 08:53 PM   #25
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post

One has 7 kids. Married.

Another decided she can get by for 3 months and wants “administrative leave” until her money runs out

I laughed
It's incredible how many people simply don't know how to manage money. The woman you mentioned above, obviously, plans to squander hers.
Old 03-25-2021, 09:13 PM   #26
shots

Quote:

One has 7 kids. Married.

I laughed
Looks like she only wants to work between stimulus checks. Probably already looking forward to the next one.
Old 03-25-2021, 09:31 PM   #27
TJDave

Quote:

One has 7 kids. Married.

I laughed
Aren’t Texans on the dole required to either accept work or lose their benefits?
Old 03-25-2021, 09:56 PM   #28
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
Aren’t Texans on the dole required to either accept work or lose their benefits?
She isn’t on the dole.....or hasn’t been so far.

Unless you count her latest stim check
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2021, 10:02 PM   #29
TJDave

Sorry, I thought they were accepting unemployment.
Old 03-25-2021, 10:24 PM   #30
thaskalos

Good help is hard to find

Quote:

One has 7 kids. Married.

I laughed
About 2 years ago, a deli employee of mine who has worked for me for 10 years wrecked his knee cartilage while playing soccer, and told me he needed surgery. Being the nice guy that I am, I put him on a paid leave of absence during the entire 7 weeks of his rehabilitation. This past November he tells me that the other knee needs the same surgery. Both knees were giving him a lot of trouble, he told me...but he didn't want to do the operation on both at the same time because he didn't want to be rendered totally immobile. I put him on another paid leave of absence...anticipating that he would be gone for another 7 weeks. I would talk to him periodically on the phone...and he would keep telling me that we was in much greater pain than the first time. Two months pass, and he tells me that the doctor has told him that he can't work for another month. I told him not to worry about a thing...and to let me know when he is able to come back to work.

Two weeks ago I get a letter from the unemployment office, telling me that this employee has filed for unemployment benefits against a company OTHER than mine. I call him on the phone and ask him about this...and he reluctantly tells me that he spent the month of February working in ANOTHER grocery store, and then he got fired. He was after THEM for the unemployment benefits...not after me, he told me. He was on a paid leave of absence with me, I kept on paying for his insurance...and he was working for someone else. When I read him the riot act on the phone...he was apologetic, and he told me that he would make it up to me. A week ago he called me again, to tell me that his month of working at the other store got him $400 a week in unemployment benefits, plus another $300 from stimulus relief. "I am getting $700 a week clear without leaving my house", he told me. "Will you give me my job back in October?"