Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2023, 12:50 AM   #16
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
What is the deadline to join? I had a rough year, but I think things are turning
around. I had 3 months of no work due to various ailments on top of some irregular expenses. Being self employed schedule C filer out of work equals no income. Can two people split a minimum stake?
We'll compile the funds and get to work on Sept 15 2023.

Yes you can split a minimum stake. That's why Tina wrote "entity" I hadn't thought wording it that way.

Love to have you come aboard.

Gonna be an E ticket ride!

LET'S GO
Old 04-07-2023, 09:43 AM   #17
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer View Post
We'll compile the funds and get to work on Sept 15 2023.

Yes you can split a minimum stake. That's why Tina wrote "entity" I hadn't thought wording it that way.

Love to have you come aboard.

Gonna be an E ticket ride!

LET'S GO

Thanks!
Old 04-23-2023, 03:40 PM   #18
v j stauffer

SO FAR SO GOOD

We've topped 15 partners and just past $250,000 raised on our way to ONE MILLION.

Love to have you on board or please suggest to someone you think might like to join.

Notice in the proposal on vicstauffer.com it says $5000 minimum for person or entity. Meaning if you'd like to compile a Sub group of say 10 guys at $500 each that can work too.

Good news also is junior partners don't have to get licensed. Certainly can if you wish but it's not a mandatory.

Had a couple great meetings with Robertino. He's all in and ready to roll.

Said he'll put his own skin in the game by taking a piece of some of our claims and purchases.

LET'S GO RACING

Investments due Sept. 15. We roll on Nov. 1 2023.
Old 04-24-2023, 03:25 PM   #19
GO FAST AND WIN

This is only my second post here but i created this account awhile back(before the join date, took a long time to get "verified"), i state this to assure anyone that i did not join this forum with the intention of attacking Vic or anyone else individually on here but i decided to finally post because i feel Vic needs to be called out here.

First off i was a fan of your race calls vic and appreciate your passion for the sport but do not appreciate what you're doing here on more than one front. The first being your "fee", is this so you can freeroll some handicapping tournaments this year and also freeroll a stake in horse ownership? You say your "own" skin in the game, well howbout you put up 35k of your own actual money out of your pocket upfront as opposed to 35k you plan on getting from investors? After all you've been in the industry and look at yourself as some great handicapper/horseplayer, surely you got 35k of your own to invest that won't matter much if you lose it right?

My second gripe with this is your choice of trainer. It's blatantly obvious and has been for a long time now he's a cheat, how many times has he been popped? That much is factual evidence but wasn't he also accused of or caught at the track a few years back that you were just fired from of taking horses off the grounds shortly before they were gonna run and bringing them back? No surprise he also runs a string at a cesspool like Turf Paradise where others like Justin Evans and Marcus Vitali are allowed to continue to operate despite what they've done amongst all the other crap that is allowed to continue to go on in racing at that track and in that state overall.

You're a well known public figure in the game and should be a ambassador and trying to help a sport that sadly needs help more than words can describe! Your idea overall could be good but instead imo it looks like you're looking for a freeroll and to line your own pockets and on top of it you wanna employ a guy as a trainer who like many others(many are a bigger, more well known name than him) in his profession needs to be thrown out permanently although unfortunately that will probaly never materialize

Last edited by GO FAST AND WIN; 04-24-2023 at 03:27 PM.
Old 04-24-2023, 03:42 PM   #20
$w1fT
SaratogaFan1

Yup. Vic lost me when he announced Diodoro as his trainer. You couldn’t pick a worse one if you tried.
Old 04-24-2023, 05:16 PM   #21
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by $w1fT View Post
Yup. Vic lost me when he announced Diodoro as his trainer. You couldn’t pick a worse one if you tried.

Diodoro has the highest win % at Oaklawn this meet of any trainer with >50 starts. Why not go with a winner? After all, I assume Vic's intention is to win races for his clients. The average Joe couldn't even get Diodoro to take his horses.

Last edited by green80; 04-24-2023 at 05:18 PM.
Old 04-24-2023, 08:03 PM   #22
$w1fT
SaratogaFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by green80 View Post
Diodoro has the highest win % at Oaklawn this meet of any trainer with >50 starts. Why not go with a winner? After all, I assume Vic's intention is to win races for his clients. The average Joe couldn't even get Diodoro to take his horses.
See the post above me
Old 04-24-2023, 08:03 PM   #23
BarchCapper

Quote:
One reason the supertrainers are supertrainers (especially those operating in the claiming ranks) - they don't tend to say "no" that often when someone asks "will you train my horse" or "will you claim a horse for me?". Just this week alone Diodoro ran 17 horses for 14 different ownerships. With the lack of stall limits and abundance of training centers, they don't have to be too picky.
Old 04-24-2023, 08:31 PM   #24
Geno_Gino

Quote:
... Why not go with a winner? ...
I wonder if Gary and Mary West thought the same thing when they chose Jason Servis to train Maximum Security?
Old 04-24-2023, 10:48 PM   #25
Robert Fischer
clean money

lets go

This is getting good

Robertino Diodoro is a hard hitter.

I don't know his story. I think he's from Canada or something.
Old 04-24-2023, 11:11 PM   #26
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
This is getting good

Robertino Diodoro is a hard hitter.

I don't know his story. I think he's from Canada or something.
Yes - Canada. Calgary native. Played hockey (goalie) until he was 21 - as high as the second tier of juniors. Grandfather trained horses. He took out his license when he was 19.
Old 04-25-2023, 01:34 PM   #27
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO FAST AND WIN View Post
This is only my second post here but i created this account awhile back(before the join date, took a long time to get "verified"), i state this to assure anyone that i did not join this forum with the intention of attacking Vic or anyone else individually on here but i decided to finally post because i feel Vic needs to be called out here.

First off i was a fan of your race calls vic and appreciate your passion for the sport but do not appreciate what you're doing here on more than one front. The first being your "fee", is this so you can freeroll some handicapping tournaments this year and also freeroll a stake in horse ownership? You say your "own" skin in the game, well howbout you put up 35k of your own actual money out of your pocket upfront as opposed to 35k you plan on getting from investors? After all you've been in the industry and look at yourself as some great handicapper/horseplayer, surely you got 35k of your own to invest that won't matter much if you lose it right?

My second gripe with this is your choice of trainer. It's blatantly obvious and has been for a long time now he's a cheat, how many times has he been popped? That much is factual evidence but wasn't he also accused of or caught at the track a few years back that you were just fired from of taking horses off the grounds shortly before they were gonna run and bringing them back? No surprise he also runs a string at a cesspool like Turf Paradise where others like Justin Evans and Marcus Vitali are allowed to continue to operate despite what they've done amongst all the other crap that is allowed to continue to go on in racing at that track and in that state overall.

You're a well known public figure in the game and should be a ambassador and trying to help a sport that sadly needs help more than words can describe! Your idea overall could be good but instead imo it looks like you're looking for a freeroll and to line your own pockets and on top of it you wanna employ a guy as a trainer who like many others(many are a bigger, more well known name than him) in his profession needs to be thrown out permanently although unfortunately that will probaly never materialize
The commission I'm receiving is a fraction of what many other syndicates charge.

I have a skill set which I think is marketable.

There are many well known, much more famous public figures, who make a damn site more money than I do who generate income to feed their families.

This venture will take a great deal of time, expertise and effort. You want me to do it for free because I've had some success in handicapping tournaments?

Ask your stock broker to stop charging commissions because he's been successful in the past. Let me know how that goes.

As for choosing Robertino Diodoro.

He's the leading trainer at Oaklawn and his license is in good standing.

My goal is to be successful and hopefully members will enjoy the action and interaction.

If you or anyone else don't like my choice of trainer you don't have to join.

You waited all this time to tell me who I am and how YOU think I should proceed with the rest of my life.

I appreciate the input.
Old 04-25-2023, 02:37 PM   #28
Boomer

Well said Vic....Get your commission and make sure you protect it on-going.

There are many out there who do not understand the role of the visionary, founders, evangelists of new ideas and companies and will see them simply as middle me with their hands out. Protect what you are doing.You are clearly the founder and evangelist for this venture.

Regarding Diodoro, the only track I follow where he has horses is Turf Paradise. I love going too the paddock to watch horses being saddled. I spent many winters in Phoenix and one thing I noticed about RD. He had the largest staff, they all where dressed neatly with Diodoro Stable shirts, and they kept every horse cool in the hot weather. Cleaning off the foam and sweat while in the stall and wiping the foam from their mouths. Most of the other horses would stand in their stalls dripping sweat.

I always felt he was successful due to his help and care for his horses.

Maybe I am wrong because I don't follow Oakland etc. but that is my opinion.
Old 04-25-2023, 10:59 PM   #29
Cutter14

Go fast and win

In your message to Vic///please tell me that you work for free--I am not one of Vic's shills and Im not joining the syndicate but I have always found him to be a stand-up guy.As for Diodorio I own a piecec of 2 horses and he trains 1 of them and I couldn't be happier-I think You have to be called out because you sound like a Very jealous individual
Old 04-26-2023, 11:04 AM   #30
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarchCapper View Post
Yes - Canada. Calgary native. Played hockey (goalie) until he was 21 - as high as the second tier of juniors. Grandfather trained horses. He took out his license when he was 19.
That's pretty cool.