Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-18-2016, 11:53 PM   #91
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
Find me the person out there who has no ID and I'll make sure to do whatever it takes to get that person an ID. I can spring for the $10 and cab ride to the DMV.

People who don't have IDs can't cash a check, open a bank account, drive a car, buy alcohol, use a credit card (in some situations), rent a car, board an airplane, and a ton of other things. People have IDs because it's needed to get through life, so dammit, don't tell me this is putting someone out unconstitutionally to demand proof when the person participates in the most sacred thing he owns as an American which is the right to vote.
Dr. Fager called. He wants you to stop being his fan. He says even he wouldn't post some of the things you post. The people we are talking about cash their checks at a currency exchange; they pay their bills with money orders; they don't have bank accounts; they don't drive cars, let alone rent one; and they certainly don't fly on airplanes.

Dr. Fager also asked me to tell you to stop lying about providing any one who needs an ID with ten dollars and a cab ride to the DMV. You know very well you would do no such thing and we know it too. You won't even tell us where you live, so how are we going to collect the money? You're just another anonymous poster talking through his hat.

Last edited by mostpost; 07-18-2016 at 11:56 PM.
mostpost is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2016, 12:14 AM   #92
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
Those people exist only in your fevered imagination. It's doubtful that they even number in the hundreds.
Lots of assertions in these posts, no data. Why am I not surprised?
Old 07-19-2016, 12:21 AM   #93
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
I could easily vote 4 times in any election I want right now.

My girlfriend grew up in Astoria NY. She has 3 brothers. When their parents sold their house and moved to Florida, all her brothers (who had already all moved out of state or out of NYC) had any mail that was formerly sent to that house sent to my apartment instead. Somehow, all 3 also got switched to my voting district and remained eligible to vote despite my repeated efforts to explain that they don't live in NY and vote in other states.

Do you want to guess how many other bogus registrations are floating around in this and other cities around the US? I don't know, but I'm going to guess 10s of millions of people that have died or moved but no update was ever put in place. Any of those people can be used to stuff the ballot.
I think your guess is very high. Maryland, a state which rank about 20 in population had 20,000 deceased persons on its voter rolls. If we take that as an average, the total for the US is 1,000,000. This does not mean there is some nefarious plot to let dead people vote. In many states a person cannot be removed from the rolls unless the state is in possession of a death certificate provided by a relative or representative of the deceased. If such is not forthcoming the process is very involved and time consuming.

The group that did the study in Maryland was Election Integrity Maryland, a Tea Party based group. From 2004 to 2008, with 20,000 dead persons on the rolls, EIM was able to find two instances of dead people voting.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:46 AM   #94
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
No silly. He's talking about JFK, Bill Clinton, Gary Hart, LBJ, among others. Fine upstanding husbands, all.
Somehow you forgot Herman Cain, John Boehner, John Ensign, Mark Sanford, Dwight Eisenhower, George H. W. Bush and that congressman from Florida who was forced to resign because of shenanigans with pages.

And I didn't even mention the king of philanderers, Warren Harding who had at least five dalliances while President.

I actually don't care about any of them. What I do care about is you being such a hypocrite criticizing one party, while ignoring the other.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:48 AM   #95
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Lots of assertions in these posts, no data. Why am I not surprised?
There is also no data in zico20's post. I missed where you called him out.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:15 AM   #96
Clocker

Quote:
There is also no data in zico20's post. I missed where you called him out.
Because you are the squeakiest wheel, so you get immediate attention.

He is minor league compared to your sweeping assertions of facts not in evidence.
Old 07-19-2016, 06:16 AM   #97
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
I could easily vote 4 times in any election I want right now.

My girlfriend grew up in Astoria NY. She has 3 brothers. When their parents sold their house and moved to Florida, all her brothers (who had already all moved out of state or out of NYC) had any mail that was formerly sent to that house sent to my apartment instead. Somehow, all 3 also got switched to my voting district and remained eligible to vote despite my repeated efforts to explain that they don't live in NY and vote in other states.

Do you want to guess how many other bogus registrations are floating around in this and other cities around the US? I don't know, but I'm going to guess 10s of millions of people that have died or moved but no update was ever put in place. Any of those people can be used to stuff the ballot.
Class, just because you die doesn't mean you should have your unalienable right to vote taken away as well. After all, dying is bad enough a penalty. Besides, I want to see how the dead vote in this election. Trump or Hillary. Should be interesting.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2016, 07:34 AM   #98
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
what if a community assorganizer registers donald duck (because they get paid by commission) and they show up to vote with no ID?
Oh, like in Chicago?
Old 07-19-2016, 10:37 AM   #99
OntheRail

Quote:
Dr. Fager called. He wants you to stop being his fan. He says even he wouldn't post some of the things you post. The people we are talking about cash their checks at a currency exchange; they pay their bills with money orders; they don't have bank accounts; they don't drive cars, let alone rent one; and they certainly don't fly on airplanes.

Well that maybe so... but they must live somewhere.... that requires a ID to rent... to get Utilities.

Dr. Fager also asked me to tell you to stop lying about providing any one who needs an ID with ten dollars and a cab ride to the DMV. You know very well you would do no such thing and we know it too. You won't even tell us where you live, so how are we going to collect the money? You're just another anonymous poster talking through his hat.
Why do you oppose ID to vote... other than it'll hurt the Dem's numbers when it's one vote per person.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:53 AM   #100
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
The people we are talking about cash their checks at a currency exchange; they pay their bills with money orders; they don't have bank accounts; they don't drive cars, let alone rent one; and they certainly don't fly on airplanes.
What word best describes this post - patronizing or condescending?

Believe it or not MP, poor people are capable of obtaining state IDs. I know it's hard for you to believe, but it's true.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2016, 12:24 PM   #101
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Oh no.....no one is capable of doing anything for themselves.
This is a union boy, remember, and a lib.

The DNC is one big happy butt wiper.
Old 07-19-2016, 01:19 PM   #102
Mike at A+
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Shooting white cops is not treating them badly?

Racism is a belief. It has nothing to do with power.
I like this definition. Power comes in many forms. Violence is one of them.
Mike at A+ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2016, 02:10 PM   #103
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:

You're an idiot. Currency exchange? So Joe is going to cash his $100 check for pesos, and in doing so, he doesn't have to show an ID? The only way to not show an ID is to sign if it over to someone else, then that person has to show their ID.

The point, which you fail to understand (but then you're an idiot, so I guess you shouldn't understand) is that people have IDs because they're needed to get through life. It's a bullshit political argument to say that people don't because those who make this argument want the ability to commit voter fraud.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-19-2016, 04:50 PM   #104
classhandicapper

Quote:
I think your guess is very high. Maryland, a state which rank about 20 in population had 20,000 deceased persons on its voter rolls. If we take that as an average, the total for the US is 1,000,000.
I have no idea what the number is, but it's more than just dead people. It's the change of address records that have to updated also (which is the problem in my specific case). Plus NY, CA, Texas and others are bigger than Maryland.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:18 PM   #105
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20
What about the precincts that have MORE than 100 percent of those registered actually voting. That is what happens when you do not have to show ID.
That is what gave us Al Franken from Minnesota. Which led to the passage of Obamacare. Vote fraud has consequences.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply