Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-09-2017, 01:15 PM   #91
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
What did we learn......
Comey according to Comey is a victim. He was victimized by the Obama administration and Trump has made him a victim too. A victim, because he has been taken aback by both Lynch and President Trump, because, as director of the FBI, he did not know how to handle improper requests of him .

Due to his victim hood he had to interject himself into the election, first by over-stepping the boundary between investigator and prosecutor, by publically clearing HRC from criminal wrong doing and second by publicly announcing the resumption of the criminal investigation into HRC.

Again as victim he had to publicly leak work product,as director of the FBI, through a friend, because Comey did not know how to handle, what he perceived may have been an improper request.

Also, that he is incompetent and should have never held such an important position.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 06-09-2017 at 01:18 PM.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2017, 01:33 PM   #92
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post
2. Donny Boy fired his FBI Director because Comey wouldn't do something Donny Boy had no right to ask for. Which means Comey got fired for no good reason
Comey was likely fired because he was not loyal to Trump in the sense that he allowed the media narrative of a Trump investigation continue to be fodder for the left when Comey new it was not true.
Old 06-09-2017, 01:45 PM   #93
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
Comey was likely fired because he was not loyal to Trump in the sense that he allowed the media narrative of a Trump investigation continue to be fodder for the left when Comey new it was not true.
He's responsible for Trumps PR?
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2017, 02:05 PM   #94
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
He's responsible for Trumps PR?
If you work for Trump, that is your main responsibility.

Trump wanted an official statement from the FBI that he was not under investigation. Comey has since said that it was against FBI policy because then the FBI would have the "duty to correct" that if there was any change in circumstances.

I haven't seen anything to indicate that Comey ever explained that reasoning to Trump. I think Comey tried to avoid Trump as much as possible.
Old 06-09-2017, 02:09 PM   #95
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Comey has since said that it was against FBI policy because then the FBI would have the "duty to correct" that if there was any change in circumstances.
Except in the case of Hillary.
Old 06-09-2017, 02:23 PM   #96
Clocker

Quote:
Except in the case of Hillary.
Comey says that the "duty to correct" was why he notified Congress a few weeks before the election that the FBI had new emails in the Hillary case. He was correcting his earlier public announcement that the FBI was closing the investigation without charging anyone.
Old 06-09-2017, 02:36 PM   #97
Greyfox

We've all seen that Comey has a number of warts and lacks spine.
Nevertheless, Trump made a huge mistake in firing him and subsequently more wolves than ever are circling.
Trump was angry that Comey told a hearing that he cringed at the thought that he might have influenced the outcome of an election.
Undoubtedly Trump's "radar" picked up the discomfort and possible dislike that Comey had for him from their first meeting on. Most of us can usually sense that sub-verbally.
Coupled with the fact that thousands of man-hours had gone into the Russian investigation by the FBI with only vague results, it was time for someone's head to roll.
Yes, Comey served at the pleasure of the President.
But the firing decision has ultimately resulted in the appointment of a Special Counsel to investigate the Russian affair and associated matters.
The fact that Mueller is a close friend of Comey's has to be worrisome to Trump, who I doubt had any personal contact with Russians.
Rience Priebus apparently advised Trump that firing Comey would be a huge mistake, but he wouldn't listen.
I think that it was a really dumb move for Trump to have made. Really dumb.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2017, 02:54 PM   #98
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Rience Priebus apparently advised Trump that firing Comey would be a huge mistake, but he wouldn't listen.
I think that it was a really dumb move for Trump to have made. Really dumb.
Comey was obviously standing in the way of Trump's real purpose, the investigation that should be taking place against the CLINTONS......Hard to drain the swamp when you got Big Turd Comey blocking the drain. BTW, Reince Priebus is toast, as Steve Bannon will be taking care of him, shortly..
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2017, 02:57 PM   #99
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
BTW, Reince Priebus is toast, as Steve Bannon will be taking care of him, shortly..
Will it be on pay-per-view? I love cheap political drama.
Old 06-09-2017, 02:59 PM   #100
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Will it be on pay-per-view? I love cheap political drama.
I forgot to mention "wonderboy" Jared Kushner......More to come, stay tuned...
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2017, 03:30 PM   #101
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Comey according to Comey is a victim.
If you consider him not having any balls, then he is a victim.
A snivelling little coward who is scared stiff to his job.
He should be parking car at some ballpark.
Or selling hot dogs on 5th Avenue.

The man is a useless POS.
The FBI is light years better off without him.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:23 PM   #102
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks View Post
Always a hilarious joke coming from you.

Two things:

1. Comey should have had the guts to tell Donny Boy to pound sand - first time and every other time Donny Boy asked.

2. Donny Boy fired his FBI Director because Comey wouldn't do something Donny Boy had no right to ask for. Which means Comey got fired for no good reason.

Unless working for a jerk is a good reason.
The guy has a net worth of over 11 million dollars, it is a fair bet that he would not have made it this far if he told his previous boss that when she told him to stand down. The more remnants President Trump fires the less leaks there will be, that is great reasoning period.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2017, 11:36 PM   #103
davew

Quote:
If you have ever been a boss or supervisor, you realize letting a person go is rarely the result of one event but rather an accumulation of misdeeds. The libs on their television stations seem to have never been anything but employees.

What am wondering now is whether Comey will be charged for any of the crimes he admitted too and if any closed (or never started) investigations will be reopened.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-09-2017, 11:42 PM   #104
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Comey and Hillary should be cellmates.

So far, every RUSSIAN has proven to be a better American than any democrat.
Old 06-10-2017, 12:29 AM   #105
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Comey and Hillary should be cellmates.

So far, every RUSSIAN has proven to be a better American than any democrat.
Without Hillary, I doubt he would have climbed to such heights. Someone will learn from them, how will they be judged over the next twenty years?

Last edited by fast4522; 06-10-2017 at 12:32 AM.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: