Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #16
TJDave

Strange brew

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
The key is nobody but nobody likes Romney.

Actually...

Most of middle America does. They think of him as hard working, industrious, morally upright, etc. They'd hire him to manage their money in a NY minute. They just don't want him as their President. Most don't even know why.
TJDave is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #17
BlueShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Obama may well win.
If he does, we all lose.
An Obama win means that the citizens have just voted themselves into a Marxist society, it will mean the end of the American Republic as we know it. The only check to an unleashed second term Obama might be if the GOP took the Senate, rather iffy, and retained the House, likely. Sweden if we are fortunate, Greece more likely, and the old Soviet Union not impossible.
BlueShoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2012, 04:13 PM   #18
bigmack

Dem enthusiasm is through the floor.

========

MSNBC is a joy today. Wall to wall narrative - What will Romney do with all his free time now after running for Pres for 5 years and losing?

One of the ditzes said, I think of him as a tragic figure, really...
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #19
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I'm not really sure what he's basing this faith in victory upon, unless it's the overseas betting market...
Maybe he has bought in the MM spin about how Obama is surging because of how well he handled the Sandy crisis.

Boxcar
Old 11-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #20
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Ask people in the hardest hit areas of NY and NJ if they think Obama has handled this storm well...any polls out there?

From what I'm hearing on the radio, there are a LOT of pissed off, frustrated people out there...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2012, 04:22 PM   #21
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
there is only one side that can win by a landslide and that is the Republicans. they are getting over 60% of the vote in about 10 states now.

i wish i knew how the polls work. since i am more familiar with the way bookmakers operate, i am going to stick with the data that they are printing.

i have never met a bookmaker that makes mistakes and has to depart with their cash.
The bookmakers actually stand to make more money with a Romney win. They originally put out a line of about -200. The public has bet it to higher levels than that (including a laughable -400 before the first debate). So the public is on Obama more than Romney.

Having said that, I've never seen the intensity and urgency more than among suburban types now. We knew Obama was going to win in 2008. Really feels like a Romney win this time. For every Obama yard sign, I see about 10 Romney signs. I've talked to a number of people who voted for Obama in 2008 that are either going to vote for Romney, or pass. But I don't know anyone who voted for McCain that isn't going to vote for Romney.

Nobody likes Romney? Not sure who you are talking to, NJ. Actually, take away your hardcore Dems and most of the rest of the country has no use for BO.

Oh yeah, I guess that makes us all racists

Last edited by Valuist; 11-05-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2012, 04:32 PM   #22
hcap

Very close popular vote, but Obama takes the Electoral college decisively and wins the Presidency.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #23
HUSKER55

I agree with you on one thing hcap, this is going to be close all over.

No Balls.......No baby!

Have you ever noticed that those who do not have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of always seem to know how to handle the money of those who do.
HUSKER55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #24
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
The bookmakers actually stand to make more money with a Romney win. They originally put out a line of about -200. The public has bet it to higher levels than that (including a laughable -400 before the first debate). So the public is on Obama more than Romney.

Having said that, I've never seen the intensity and urgency more than among suburban types now. We knew Obama was going to win in 2008. Really feels like a Romney win this time. For every Obama yard sign, I see about 10 Romney signs. I've talked to a number of people who voted for Obama in 2008 that are either going to vote for Romney, or pass. But I don't know anyone who voted for McCain that isn't going to vote for Romney.

Nobody likes Romney? Not sure who you are talking to, NJ. Actually, take away your hardcore Dems and most of the rest of the country has no use for BO.

Oh yeah, I guess that makes us all racists
i have been watching the betfair website, they have $3.6 million matched. over the last 3 hours they have only managed match about $100 on this election. the outfit that i have been following whom i would think has a lot more action has not budged their lines either.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #25
lsbets

I've said for a long time that Obama will win and unfortunately I still believe that to be true. Whatever chance Romney had ended with sandy. He lost all momentum when people's attention turned to the storm.

I think it will be closer than a lot of the obamabots here think though. If it was going to be an easy victory, Obama would not be in Wisconsin today and Clinton would not be in Pennsylvania. Those are states his campaign should not be worried about the day before the election.

My kids school did their mock election today. Romney won 75% of the vote. My daughter was upset that she couldn't vote for Gary Johnson, he wasn't on the ballot. I've raised her well.
lsbets is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #26
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbets
...I've raised her well.

Indeed.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-05-2012, 05:38 PM   #27
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by arljim78
. Repubs like to point to voter indifference to Obama this time around as the key. Not quite. The key is nobody but nobody likes Romney. Any enthusiasm for Romney is wrapped around anybody but Obama. I can't remember the last time somebody won who nobody gives a damn about. Can you?
Romney's favorability is actually higher than Obama's
http://washingtonexaminer.com/for-f...article/2511203
Try using a current poll RCP average 11/4.
Obama 50.5
Romney 49.8
Old 11-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #28
NJ Stinks

It's nice to see everybody agrees with me so far.

Just remember you are talking to a guy who was wrong all day on Saturday. So it's possible (like 2-1 or so) that I'll be wrong again tomorrow.

P.S. John, Jim, and Valuist claim I'm still trying to break my maiden.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #29
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsbets
I've said for a long time that Obama will win and unfortunately I still believe that to be true. Whatever chance Romney had ended with sandy. He lost all momentum when people's attention turned to the storm.

I think it will be closer than a lot of the obamabots here think though. If it was going to be an easy victory, Obama would not be in Wisconsin today and Clinton would not be in Pennsylvania. Those are states his campaign should not be worried about the day before the election.

My kids school did their mock election today. Romney won 75% of the vote. My daughter was upset that she couldn't vote for Gary Johnson, he wasn't on the ballot. I've raised her well.
AN elementary school in Texas voted for Romney. Cancel the election.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:43 PM   #30
bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
AN elementary school in Texas voted for Romney. Cancel the election.
They're exponentially more open minded than your locked-shut, closed, hyper-partisan mind.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply