Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 04-15-2003, 07:01 PM   #16
anotherdave

Re: WINS IN TOP 4

Quote:
Originally posted by pandy
I'll ask around and see if anyone who uses the Diamond System has that type of stat. I know with the Harness Diamond, someone told me the winner was in the top 4 80%, but I don't know about thoroughbreds.

Pandy
I don't know anything plus or minus about this software, but that's actually a little scary. How can you market it without an idea of the product's performance?

AD
anotherdave is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2003, 07:28 PM   #17
John

Somebody out there must know of a software program that will pick the winner out of the top 4. I know A newspaper person who is pretty good with the wnner in his top 4. Only problem is it is a night track and I don't play at night.

So far for me, the tote board is the best indicator....
John is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-15-2003, 07:52 PM   #18
TonyK@HSH

Anotherdave,

I've never used Pandy's software and don't even know how it works but I can understand how a developer doesn't know this type of information. For example, I have been a long time user of HSH. This program has so many options and ways to attack a race that 50 different users could literally have 50 different selection mechanisms. Knowing the solid reputation behind Pandy, I suspect his software has opportunities for user personalization. Even something as ordinary as paceline selection can yield different results.
I'd bet that Pandy could speak of his experience with the software but is looking for user input to validate his data.

Good luck

TonyK
TonyK@HSH is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2003, 10:30 AM   #19
hurrikane

rojack,
I don't sell anything (disclaimer) but as for the 80%

HTR
rK < 5 ( this would limit you to 4 horses per race)
nVI > 30
34665 races
28862 winners
83%

if you just want winners. that would do it. Don't think you can get a pos roi unless you filter by odds.

K is a combination rating like you adding points for speed, class, trn, jky, etc.

VI is a measure of contention. > 30 eliminates most of the large fld mcl mdn clm and 2yo races. (also a lot of the big prices)

Disclaimer:
You would have to use HTR to get these exact results.
unfortunately I dont' get a commission from Massa.
realistically HSH, HTR, Equism, Joe, Rick or even Pandy could probably get the same results with thier figures.

squeezing out an acceptable profit from those 4 contenders is the trick.
hurrikane is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2003, 04:02 PM   #20
Amazin

ROCOJACK QUOTE"Somebody out there must know of a software program that will pick the winner out of the top 4."

You don't need software for that.Stats show the top 4 choices win 75% of the time.
Amazin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2003, 04:39 PM   #21
John

hurrikane@HTR,

Thanks for your imput it is appreciated.
Old 04-24-2003, 04:58 PM   #22
John

Amazin

I am working towards a goal of the winner from the top 4,100 of the time. Not necessarily every race....Like the favorite on the board wll allways average out to win 1 out of 3 races. But will make you lose money over time.
Someone out there has a way of thier choices in slective races to always have the winner in the top 4.... I believe it.
Old 04-24-2003, 06:42 PM   #23
lefthandlow

Rocajack

I don't think you'll ever find any program that will do what you want.But if you do I'll bet money you wouldn't want to give that info out .So if there is a program like that it isn't for sale.

keep your head down and follow through.. Lefthandlow
lefthandlow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-24-2003, 07:48 PM   #24
John

Lefthandlow

I am sorry.I did not explain myself correctly. I had to rush my last post.

Lets assume that all races have only 4 horses entered.
Can I pick the winner in each race...NO...Now,If I said, that I found out that in Allowance non winners of 1 race other than maiden or claiming the winner will always come from the top 4. I would have something to work with I would think. and someone has the answer.
Old 04-25-2003, 06:39 AM   #25
lefthandlow

Oh now I get it.Hope you find that sooooon

Gripe it and ripe it lefthandlow
lefthandlow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2018, 08:47 PM   #26
lefty359

Anybody have Pandy's newest book and software? Believe it's call Speed Pace and sells for $59.95. If so, how do you like it?
lefty359 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2018, 04:08 PM   #27
rebrick99

The Diamond System

For those that doubt if the Diamond method works I made two plays at Fair Grounds 3/24/18. In the 5th the 9 horse won and paid over $20 and I played the 9 in the 6th and it paid over $17. Look for standouts and don't play every race. Both these winners were standouts. In the 6th race after scratches the 9 became a standout. Dig a little.
rebrick99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2018, 08:01 AM   #28
porkchop

I have a data base with 17500+ races four lowest ML (not race time odds) win at all tracks, all distances, all surfaces @ 82%

Last edited by porkchop; 03-25-2018 at 08:03 AM.
porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2018, 08:36 PM   #29
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Pork,

several years ago I did some research for a group of players and I found the same thing to be true, albeit the % number I came up with was a tiny bit different, still in the 80's though.

Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2018, 10:35 PM   #30
jim michalak

what constitutes a "standout" for you?

rebrick99 for you, exactly what constitutes a "standout" if you don't mind sharing?
jim michalak is offline   Reply With Quote Reply