Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-07-2021, 06:01 PM   #16
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
mostpost is all for the rights of the state and the dead. The majority of our country are for individual rights, choice and privacy are among some of the most revered. Not important for Marxist and communists.
And a woman's choice to murder her inconvenient fetus. "My fetus, My choice".
Old 09-07-2021, 06:32 PM   #17
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
It appears The NEW ENGLAND JOURNAL of MEDICINE disagrees with you.

The NEW ENGLAND JOURNAL of MEDICINE | September 1, 2021
Resurgence of SARS-CoV-2 Infection in a Highly Vaccinated Health System Workforce:

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2112981

-jp

It’s a freakin’ letter to the editor. Why wasn’t it submitted for publication in the body of the Journal. Because it won’t pass a peer review.
Old 09-07-2021, 06:49 PM   #18
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
It’s a freakin’ letter to the editor. Why wasn’t it submitted for publication in the body of the Journal. Because it won’t pass a peer review.
Looks pretty robust to me. Certainly more robust than many papers on climate.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2021, 07:22 PM   #19
boxcar

Quote:
So, the NEJM lied? Wonder what's in it for them?
Old 09-07-2021, 07:28 PM   #20
classhandicapper

Quote:
Do you think all the scientists in Israel are morons or do you think since they rolled out their vaccinations a couple of month earlier/faster and got exposed to the delta variant sooner they have data and insights that we don't have yet?

Do you think they are jabbing 100k daily with a 3rd dose because the original 2 jabs are working so well or because break through cases are piling up in people that were vaccinated early in the process and the data suggests the benefit is wearing off?

Do you think they are already getting ready to roll out the 4th dose because they are crazy or because they already have reason to suspect the 3rd dose isn't going to be the answer either?

It's sad to say because I was hoping the vaccine was going to work. I took it. But it appears this is not going to end until enough people have been infected and have natural immunity to finally end it. The vaccine is slowing things down, but not stopping it and wearing off.
Old 09-07-2021, 07:49 PM   #21
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
And a woman's choice to murder her inconvenient fetus. "My fetus, My choice".
So my personal view is killing a baby half out of the vagina with a pair of scissors is murder and the Supreme Court needs to step up. I think what they did by doing nothing in Texas was closer to states rights, and correct. We all should have immediate remedy if we choose to leave a state to what is more in line to what we are seeking. I am sure comments might be plenty in how I put it.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2021, 08:44 PM   #22
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Quote:
Actually their data and scoring methodology looks pretty solid.

If that were not the case - Do you think the NEW ENGLAND JOURNAL of MEDICINE would have decided to publish this?

Keep in mind this is just from UC San Diego.

The UC (University of California) system is comprised of eight colleges:

UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UC Irvine, UCLA, UC Merced, UC Riverside, UC San Diego, and UC San Francisco.

Right now as I type this I'm in San Diego (a few hundred yds from the beach) and about a 10 minute drive away from the UC San Diego campus.

I am VERY much aware of the local case load numbers - daily new cases - daily new hospitalizations - and daily new deaths here in the San Diego area.

The local case load numbers here in the San Diego area are not some giant statistical outlier compared to case load numbers elsewhere in California.

If it's happening in the UC San Diego Health Care Network I bet it's happening at the other UC School Health Care Networks too.

If I had to hazard a guess as to why UC San Diego didn't submit this for publication in the body of the Journal:

I bet it's because they are fully aware other studies with much larger sample sizes are currently underway.

Q. If there wasn't fall-off in vaccine efficacy , why are countries around the world - including the US - talking about the need for booster shots?

Circling back to your statement:
Quote:
A fully vaccinated person has one chance in 5000 of contracting covid.
Looking at Table 1 from the article - UCSD had an average of 15,811 fully vaccinated health care workers during the 5 month time period studied.

If a fully vaccinated person really does have a 1 in 5000 chance of contracting covid then wouldn't the number of fully vaccinated health care workers with covid-19 symptoms in the study be something like 2, 3, 4, or even 5?

Instead, from the article published by the NEW ENGLAND JOURNAL of MEDICINE we have this:
Quote:
Symptoms were present in 109 of the 130 fully vaccinated workers (83.8%) and in 80 of the 90 unvaccinated workers (88.9%).
I can be a bit dense at times.

But doesn't 109 symptomatic fully vaccinated workers seem a bit higher than I don't know... 3?

-jp

Last edited by Jeff P; 09-07-2021 at 08:54 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2021, 10:41 PM   #23
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
But it appears this is not going to end until enough people have been infected and have natural immunity to finally end it. The vaccine is slowing things down, but not stopping it and wearing off.
Well duh...we all knew that was going to be the case from day 1 (well, those of us, like you and me, who actually still use our brains).

This was the SENSIBLE approach some brave countries were going to use, until most of them were browbeaten enough that they started towing the orthodoxy line...

It's actually a disgrace how the human race has reacted to this in the years 2020-2021.

A bunch of partisan hacks/idiots running around thinking they know what's best, but proving time and time again that they are clueless, OR running a hidden agenda, the likes of which we do now know as of yet.
Old 09-08-2021, 07:51 PM   #24
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Well duh...we all knew that was going to be the case from day 1 (well, those of us, like you and me, who actually still use our brains).

This was the SENSIBLE approach some brave countries were going to use, until most of them were browbeaten enough that they started towing the orthodoxy line...

It's actually a disgrace how the human race has reacted to this in the years 2020-2021.

A bunch of partisan hacks/idiots running around thinking they know what's best, but proving time and time again that they are clueless, OR running a hidden agenda, the likes of which we do now know as of yet.
I think on some level most bright people understood this wasn't going to end until we reached herd immunity, but no one knew what level of infection would bring that about and no one wanted to be one of the infected people helping to bring it about.

The truly naive and delusional (the left) thought locking down and wearing masks would make it go away, but really all it was doing was buying us time to develop vaccines and better treatments while piling up all kinds of economic, social, and healthcare collateral damage.

It's a shame the vaccines are wearing off and require boosters and new variations for different variants. No one is going to be happy getting jabbed with this garbage every 6 months or so when there are documented risks that at a minimum add up the more times you get jabbed.

I think they really missed the boat by not putting more energy into treatments. If you could take a few pills for a few days and get similar results to a vaccine, no one would be hesitant and people would be less afraid of getting it.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 09-08-2021 at 07:53 PM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2021, 08:29 PM   #25
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
...If you could take a few pills for a few days and get similar results to a vaccine, no one would be hesitant and people would be less afraid of getting it.
Agree with you.

I'll add that a lot of people pretty much can.

What they aren't allowed to do is talk about it on Social Media.

-jp

Old 09-08-2021, 08:53 PM   #26
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff P View Post
Agree with you.

I'll add that a lot of people pretty much can.

What they aren't allowed to do is talk about it on Social Media.

-jp

Well yeah...who wants the good news to get out? Certainly not liberals.
Old 09-29-2021, 08:14 AM   #27
boxcar

Pfizer CEO Says “Normal Life” Won’t Return Without Regular COVID Vaccinations

https://summit.news/2021/09/27/pfize...-vaccinations/

Wow! Thanks for the big heads up, Mr. CEO. Covid vaxxes for life! What could possibly go wrong!? Obviously nothing for Pfizer as they stand to make hundreds of billions if not more.
Old 09-29-2021, 08:48 PM   #28
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

What Do They Want Us NOT To Know?

ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2021, 04:29 PM   #29
jimmyb

I'd be willing to wager we see an outbreak of tuberculosis in the U.S.

Tuberculosis is highly endemic in Haiti. The country has the highest tuberculosis rate in the Americas.

https://www.iamat.org/country/haiti/risk/tuberculosis#
jimmyb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-30-2021, 08:20 PM   #30
Secondbest

The hotbed of right wing extremism the NYC teachers union is suing to stop vaccine mandates.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...6PK86EVSHmLnXu
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: