Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-31-2020, 02:37 AM   #286
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

How long before Alex Jones claims this entire thing was a false flag event just to set off the riots...
Old 05-31-2020, 02:42 AM   #287
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I got a question for you that I wish you would answer. You once told me that the performance of the stock market is the best indicator of our economy's future prospects. If this is true...then what's there to worry about? The stock market is performing WONDERFULLY...even as the world is seemingly "burning".
I don't think I quite said it was the best indicator of the economy's future prospects.

I said the "market knows all."

Unless you meant short term future...I could buy that more.

I've already posted that I'm baffled by the market's rapid rebound...not only rapid, but pretty substantial...we're less than 300 points away on the S&P from the all time high...that's amazing considering what is happening.

I mean...what are we at now? 40 million unemployed? Businesses in the shitter all over the place. People who prefer to remain unemployed because they are making more off the dole than when they had jobs...it's pretty sick actually.

How can any of that be good for the long term?

Plus we don't even know the fallout economically from all of this COVID stuff.

Anyway, we're kinda off topic.
Old 05-31-2020, 04:33 AM   #288
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

BTW, all those anti-gun people on here who like to tell us how owning guns in order to protect yourself against "the government" is a pipe dream, since the gov't can just crush you like a bug with all of THEIR firepower...

I point you to the riots that are ongoing and basically unchecked at the moment...the police having little to no power to stop them...and the rioters, as far as I can tell, aren't even using guns (for the most part, anyway)...

Imagine that...

The big bad government...essentially powerless against an unorganized and unruly mob of pissed off folks, opportunists and anarchists....

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 05-31-2020 at 04:36 AM.
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2020, 05:13 AM   #289
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
BTW, all those anti-gun people on here who like to tell us how owning guns in order to protect yourself against "the government" is a pipe dream, since the gov't can just crush you like a bug with all of THEIR firepower...

I point you to the riots that are ongoing and basically unchecked at the moment...the police having little to no power to stop them...and the rioters, as far as I can tell, aren't even using guns (for the most part, anyway)...

Imagine that...

The big bad government...essentially powerless against an unorganized and unruly mob of pissed off folks, opportunists and anarchists....
When the Constitution was crafted to grant the citizens the right to "overthrow a tyrannical government"...the government forces were carrying muskets. Things have changed a tad since then. The citizens who are now accumulating a weapons arsenal in the hope of somehow standing up to the government are in for the rudest of awakenings. As are these rioters if they ever get the idea of showcasing their guns as they do their looting. President Trump's has overcome his heel spur problem...and has now developed an itchy trigger-finger.
Old 05-31-2020, 06:32 AM   #290
highernote

Warning: GRAPHIC VIOLENCE

This is horrible. I don't know if the man who was attacked is still alive. This shows just how dangerous it is to be near the protests. Better to just stay home. Protecting a business is not worth dying over. Let trained professionals handle this.

highernote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2020, 06:37 AM   #291
highernote

Everyone is out of control. Don't point a bow and arrow at a mob.

Old 05-31-2020, 06:40 AM   #292
highernote

Did you ever wonder what it must have been like in medieval times when armies went to war -- entire armies engaged in hand to hand combat?

Well, I think we're going to find out and there will be cell phones everywhere recording it.

I think the leaders of this country underestimated the level of discontent in the population.

I have written here on PA on more than one occasion over the past several years that it looks like we're headed for civil war. The level of animosity between groups of people just keeps getting worse.

Last edited by highernote; 05-31-2020 at 06:42 AM.
Old 05-31-2020, 06:51 AM   #293
davew

Quote:
How long before Alex Jones claims this entire thing was a false flag event just to set off the riots...
Jason Goodman already brought up that possibility while roaming NYC

davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2020, 07:22 AM   #294
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Quote:
You mean that Floyd and Chavin are actors?

Last edited by Nutz and Boltz; 05-31-2020 at 07:25 AM.
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2020, 07:34 AM   #295
highernote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz and Boltz View Post
You mean that Floyd and Chavin are actors?
You probably know this, but here's a video of Rt 8 in Bridgeport being shut down in both directions by protestors:

Old 05-31-2020, 09:24 AM   #296
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Quote:
Originally Posted by highernote View Post
You probably know this, but here's a video of Rt 8 in Bridgeport being shut down in both directions by protestors:

https://twitter.com/In_Wad_weTrust/s...62148199866368
Was peaceful. Police Chief s a good guy. Known him since he was a PAL Police Cadet .https://www.ctpost.com/policereports...t-15305439.php

Last edited by Nutz and Boltz; 05-31-2020 at 09:27 AM.
Nutz and Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2020, 09:30 AM   #297
biggestal99

Camden jersey.

https://www.courierpostonline.com/st...yd/5293075002/

That’s the way to do it.

Have cops and elected officials march in solitary with the Protestors.

Don’t make the protest adversarial.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2020, 11:24 AM   #298
ronsmac

I wish we’d protest like this in Baltimore every time 10 or 15 people are shot in one weekend. Then again, we’d be protesting every week. I have no idea what this has to do with Baltimore, yet they’re protesting here too.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2020, 11:27 AM   #299
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac View Post
I wish we’d protest like this in Baltimore every time 10 or 15 people are shot in one weekend. Then again, we’d be protesting every week. I have no idea what this has to do with Baltimore, yet they’re protesting here too.
Did the cops shoot those 15 during arrests. It’s systemic police brutality. Accepted by many police forces.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-31-2020, 11:33 AM   #300
ronsmac

I don’t know about where you live but here it’s an opportunity to get free stuff all the while claiming the system in Baltimore is racist. All the way from our black mayor, black city council President, black city council membership, black states attorney, black police commissioner. I
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply