Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 02-29-2020, 08:59 PM   #481
Spicemaster

titans1127

"Is there any way to access TS Express anymore? When I log in I can only access the new version of Classic. Been this way for me since the change over."

There has been no change to Express...if you go to Bet Now it is listed as Express/Pro. If you are having an issue, I would recommend calling in to Tech Support, could be a browser issue.
Spicemaster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2020, 09:05 PM   #482
Spicemaster

Mechanic,

"when I thought it could not get any worse, it does! as others have described here using the new classic without a tool bar that has everything in one place makes quick navigation impossible, but again it gets worse, scrolling side to side to see the exacta and double probables is unacceptable, then again it gets worse, on occasion the exacta probables do not line up to right angles with the entrants, the combination of scrolling and the entrants not in line makes it impossible to quickly see the probables, and it gets worse, entrants in the doubles have been cut off, where did they go, know one knows, and it gets worse, they should have the current odds next to the entrants in exacta/double probables, why should I have to look around to see if there is value in either win/exacta/double pool.
and it gets worse, scratches, weather, everything on one simple toolbar, how hard is that.

Like I have said before these people who design and code for Twinspires have no idea what they are doing, must be high school students trying to get extra credit.

i use two other ADW'S along with Twinspires and have restricted play through Twinspires to 20k a month since the time they eliminated the ability to upload batch wagers, I will be pulling funds from Twinspires March 2 and moving them to the bottom of my list of ADW'S and keep as a last resort backup."

I would be thankful for the opportunity to address the issues you are experiencing (I am not seeing the misalignment issue) and please know your business is important to us...if you are willing please send me a message or email us at vip.services@twinspires.com.

Last edited by Spicemaster; 02-29-2020 at 09:06 PM. Reason: No subject
Old 02-29-2020, 11:44 PM   #483
mikesal57
Veteran

Knocking it out!!! Go Spice
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2020, 11:45 PM   #484
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicemaster View Post
"Ok...heres one thing that I wished would change....

Under "Results & Replay"

When you click a race , you get race results first ....
If you want to see the replay ...you click "Video"

Classic was great for me because....

I bet races before they go off , something like 70% of the time

A lot of times in the morning...

Later on that day , I might watch it or the next day....

I DONT want to see the results...I want to watch it first for the enjoyment...

Classic did that for me....not this new interface...

Thxs
Mike"

Thanks for the feedback, Mike. I hear what you are saying and I know it is a change in behavior, but the best way to get around this is to go straight to Classic, select your track, go to Video and watch your replay.
Can I do this after the 2nd?
Old 03-01-2020, 07:37 AM   #485
TexasDolly

Spice Twinspires New Classic very Inconvenient

The new Classic is probably the most inconvenient system I have ever tried to use. I am either looking for a button to click or I am REQUIRED to scroll through endless drags while attempting to remember what I just saw. I still haven't found display that sorts on the tote or ML and displays them in a readable manner . It's hard too imagine that anyone who previously used the Classic screens will ever be able to negotiate the maze. Monitors are made larger horizontally for a reason,that is the way we prefer to compare information without having to scroll up or down . The new Classic wipes out that convenience entirely and forces you to become a vertical scroller of data with huge gaps between entries. Might be nice for a cell phone but it is an unnecessary inconvenience for PC users

TD
TexasDolly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2020, 08:18 AM   #486
mikesal57
Veteran

The Classic Interface has with stood the test of time...

Why?

Because it was built by "horse players" and by people that supported them...

What does TS Developers know about Horse Racing or Betting?

I'll tell you...NOTHING!!!

The developers are a bunch of kids that are getting instructions from people that "think" they know something...

By putting this out before that stupid survey was posted says all you need to know...they are know it all ........idiots!!

I went in there these last few days with an open mind....its a total joke trying to maneuver around and getting what I needed...

I'm going to stop this now before I get banned again

Last edited by mikesal57; 03-01-2020 at 08:22 AM.
Old 03-01-2020, 09:45 AM   #487
Wiley
Horse Racing Connossieur

Agree with Mike and Texas Dolly. Same thoughts and experience in using the "New Classic".

I tried to use ExpressPro yesterday, like the old YouBet interface, but I had troubles with the system kicking me out and some of the drop downs did not work - Results and Probables.

The Bet Pad is not as convenient to me in the ExpressPro as the old Classic version either. I assume ExpressPro is not supported and will be gone some time soon as well given that it is not in the same format as the unusable main site and new Bet versions.

I most likely will just stop using them, pretty much the only recourse for a customer, who Spice says is very important to TwinSpires!, to protest an unneeded and unwanted change.

I filled out the TS Survey and sent them a Feedback message too.
Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2020, 11:34 AM   #488
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

TS Mission Statement - If is ain't broke, break it.

STUPID decision to change something everyone liked.
Bet they drink a lot of New Coke over there, and drive to work in their Edsel's.

Surprised the new system is not running on DOS 3.2
Old 03-01-2020, 11:34 AM   #489
Spicemaster

mikesal57

"Can I do this after the 2nd?"

Mike, yes you can.
Old 03-01-2020, 12:05 PM   #490
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicemaster View Post
"Can I do this after the 2nd?"

Mike, yes you can.
Old 03-01-2020, 01:09 PM   #491
JohnGalt1

I just logged in to TS. In preferences I clicked classic and was sent to the same classic I've been using.

Maybe they don't think I'm smart enough for the new version. or that I'm too good a customer for the -- as has been stated here -- the #%$&'d up new version.

Unfortunately I'm still stuck with the Flash video feed that often freezes.
JohnGalt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-01-2020, 02:16 PM   #492
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGalt1 View Post
I just logged in to TS. In preferences I clicked classic and was sent to the same classic I've been using.

Maybe they don't think I'm smart enough for the new version. or that I'm too good a customer for the -- as has been stated here -- the #%$&'d up new version.

Click the "camera" icon...not the TV

you should get the HD stream

This goes to show that they CAN implement the HD into "OLD TECHNOLOGY" !!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (77.5 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by mikesal57; 03-01-2020 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-01-2020, 02:27 PM   #493
KyRacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGalt1 View Post

John,

Instead of going to preferences to get to Classic(old version), go to the drop down Bet Now menu and click on Classic from there. It should take you to the new version. It did for me.

After seeing the new version, you'll probably want to go back to the old version. Enjoy it, this might be the last day we can use the old Classic version.

The old Twinspires TV is still using flash. I wish they would switch it the new HD video and leave the rest of it alone.
Old 03-01-2020, 02:53 PM   #494
KyRacer

Hey mikesal57,

I thought you might appreciate this. How about a dark version of the old Classic. Is that cool or is it just me. I would like to see a dark mode for the other betting windows on the site. I used an app called Dark Reader on Firefox to get this effect.

Attached Images
File Type: gif ScreenHunter_155 Mar. 01 14.31.gif (287.3 KB, 23 views)
Old 03-01-2020, 05:51 PM   #495
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyRacer View Post
Hey mikesal57,

I thought you might appreciate this. How about a dark version of the old Classic. Is that cool or is it just me. I would like to see a dark mode for the other betting windows on the site. I used an app called Dark Reader on Firefox to get this effect.
I just might do that ...thxs KyR