Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 02-28-2020, 03:08 PM   #466
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
okay I had to make an errand during OP R1.

Here is my screen for R2. How do I find results for R1 now that there is NO TOOLBAR?

Pretty sure this will be my last day at TS after 20+ years. No toolbar.

Also, when I lived in rural AR, we don't have unlimited internet....its by satellite, so most people would be putting their video into lower resolution beause they may have a 10 or 20mb limit per month. I see now that HD is the only option. I expect you will also lose a lot of people who live rurally and use a desktop/laptop with non-unlimited broadband
Click "BET NOW" at the top ...click "Results and Replays"
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2020, 04:49 PM   #467
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
Click "BET NOW" at the top ...click "Results and Replays"
Yes. I did that.

It takes me to a screen that gives all the results, starting with AQ, even though I only want OP up on the screen because that is the only track I'm playing today, and the track page from which I selected "BET NOW/RESULTS" from

So now, I have to scroll down thru how many track to find OP??? and then, after I find them.........I have to somehow find my way BACK to the Classic interface for OP.

I will spend most of the day changing screens. Without a toolbar, for easy access to stuff, that keeps me on the track page I'm actually using for the day.

Last edited by clicknow; 02-28-2020 at 04:51 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-28-2020, 06:15 PM   #468
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Yes. I did that.

It takes me to a screen that gives all the results, starting with AQ, even though I only want OP up on the screen because that is the only track I'm playing today, and the track page from which I selected "BET NOW/RESULTS" from

So now, I have to scroll down thru how many track to find OP??? and then, after I find them.........I have to somehow find my way BACK to the Classic interface for OP.

I will spend most of the day changing screens. Without a toolbar, for easy access to stuff, that keeps me on the track page I'm actually using for the day.
Welcome to all we're seeing too!!!
Old 02-29-2020, 12:46 AM   #469
clicknow

Quote:
Welcome to all we're seeing too!!!
Thank you. If I want to see results for the ONE track I am playing, I should not have to click to get to another screen, THEN once I am taken from the screen I'm on, be shown 20+ other tracks that I have to scroll through, searching for the ONLY track I am playing and the only track I started out with choosing to play for the day, to get results from a race that just ran.

Then, after that, click something else to be taken to yet another screen (my original screen for track I am playing).

Who in their right mind would want to do that?

Seems like somebody's college aged nephew who doesn't use an ADW was given the job to put this proprietary software together. I can tell you this: if it was a product being sold on the open market, it would be out of business w/in a few months.

Anyway, I'm done. Unfortunately, the same outfit does Oaklawn Anywhere I am pretty sure, will check that out for sure on March 3rd, and if same, won't be using that either anymore.

Last edited by clicknow; 02-29-2020 at 12:48 AM.
Old 02-29-2020, 08:55 AM   #470
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Thank you. If I want to see results for the ONE track I am playing, I should not have to click to get to another screen, THEN once I am taken from the screen I'm on, be shown 20+ other tracks that I have to scroll through, searching for the ONLY track I am playing and the only track I started out with choosing to play for the day, to get results from a race that just ran.

Then, after that, click something else to be taken to yet another screen (my original screen for track I am playing).

Who in their right mind would want to do that?

Seems like somebody's college aged nephew who doesn't use an ADW was given the job to put this proprietary software together. I can tell you this: if it was a product being sold on the open market, it would be out of business w/in a few months.

Anyway, I'm done. Unfortunately, the same outfit does Oaklawn Anywhere I am pretty sure, will check that out for sure on March 3rd, and if same, won't be using that either anymore.
I suggest to write to them...there is a email address a couple of posts above...

I did and got a response....

EVERYONE should send one!!!!
Old 02-29-2020, 11:17 AM   #471
titans1127
Harness racing Fan

Is there any way to access TS Express anymore? When I log in I can only access the new version of Classic. Been this way for me since the change over.
titans1127 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2020, 12:26 PM   #472
Mechanic

when I thought it could not get any worse, it does! as others have described here using the new classic without a tool bar that has everything in one place makes quick navigation impossible, but again it gets worse, scrolling side to side to see the exacta and double probables is unacceptable, then again it gets worse, on occasion the exacta probables do not line up to right angles with the entrants, the combination of scrolling and the entrants not in line makes it impossible to quickly see the probables, and it gets worse, entrants in the doubles have been cut off, where did they go, know one knows, and it gets worse, they should have the current odds next to the entrants in exacta/double probables, why should I have to look around to see if there is value in either win/exacta/double pool.
and it gets worse, scratches, weather, everything on one simple toolbar, how hard is that.

Like I have said before these people who design and code for Twinspires have no idea what they are doing, must be high school students trying to get extra credit.

i use two other ADW'S along with Twinspires and have restricted play through Twinspires to 20k a month since the time they eliminated the ability to upload batch wagers, I will be pulling funds from Twinspires March 2 and moving them to the bottom of my list of ADW'S and keep as a last resort backup.

Moving on, does it get any WORSE than Twinspires
Mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2020, 12:29 PM   #473
KyRacer

Quote:
Hi clicknow,

This isn't perfect, but you can use 2 tabs. On my favorites bar I have an icon for Twinspires as you probably do. Click on the TS icon and log in. After logging in, go to the Classic page. The open another tab in your browser and click on the TS icon again. You shouldn't have to log in again. Then go to Bet Now and go down to results and find whatever track your playing. Just leave the tab open. You can then switch between the Classic tab and the results tab. That way you won't have to scroll through all those other tracks to be to your results.
Old 02-29-2020, 02:37 PM   #474
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyRacer View Post
Hi clicknow,

This isn't perfect, but you can use 2 tabs. On my favorites bar I have an icon for Twinspires as you probably do. Click on the TS icon and log in. After logging in, go to the Classic page. The open another tab in your browser and click on the TS icon again. You shouldn't have to log in again. Then go to Bet Now and go down to results and find whatever track your playing. Just leave the tab open. You can then switch between the Classic tab and the results tab. That way you won't have to scroll through all those other tracks to be to your results.
So if I'm playing 3 tracks I need 3 extra tabs open? Or I'm back to scrolling thru multiple racetracks?

This software needs a toolbar for most common tasks and functions. Who even designs software w/out a quick access toolbar?

Last edited by clicknow; 02-29-2020 at 02:39 PM.
Old 02-29-2020, 02:45 PM   #475
clicknow

Quote:
I suggest to write to them...there is a email address a couple of posts above...

I did and got a response....
Was the response "we'll re-design this"?

I show my displeasure to companies by not patronizing them. Works for me.
Old 02-29-2020, 08:35 PM   #476
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Major step BACKWARDS.
TS is run by IDIOTS.
Old 02-29-2020, 08:43 PM   #477
Spicemaster

mikesal

"Ok...heres one thing that I wished would change....

Under "Results & Replay"

When you click a race , you get race results first ....
If you want to see the replay ...you click "Video"

Classic was great for me because....

I bet races before they go off , something like 70% of the time

A lot of times in the morning...

Later on that day , I might watch it or the next day....

I DONT want to see the results...I want to watch it first for the enjoyment...

Classic did that for me....not this new interface...

Thxs
Mike"

Thanks for the feedback, Mike. I hear what you are saying and I know it is a change in behavior, but the best way to get around this is to go straight to Classic, select your track, go to Video and watch your replay.
Spicemaster is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-29-2020, 08:45 PM   #478
Spicemaster

thaskalos

"While playing CharlesTown last night, I chanced upon a $7 winner...but only received $6.80 for my efforts from Twinspires...even though their interface listed the mutuel return at $7. Is this a regular occurrence which I hadn't noticed before?"

Do you live in IL per chance? They have a surcharge (albeit less than the OTBs) on all bets.
Old 02-29-2020, 08:51 PM   #479
Spicemaster

"Hey Spice,
Is it possible to see the recent activity and to cancel bets in the new classic ?

Thank you,
TD"

Hi TD, yes, go to the Person icon in the upper right, click Daily Account History and you can view the wagers, and cancel from the drop-down on each bet.

If you just want to view your active bets, you can go to Bets, the My Bets.
Old 02-29-2020, 08:55 PM   #480
Spicemaster

clicknow

"okay I had to make an errand during OP R1.

Here is my screen for R2. How do I find results for R1 now that there is NO TOOLBAR?"

choose Race 1 from the dropdown on your image and click results....