Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 12-13-2019, 09:56 PM   #406
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate View Post
As much bitching as some of us have done about the new interface, I'm not sure how much that would help. I still have access to "Twinspires Classic" because I did complain though. My buddy who plays the horses a few times a year found out on Breeders Cup Day that he couldn't get "Classic", and was told by support that he couldn't get it enabled for his account, and that only some of the whales "and those that complained a lot" still had access. Then support (via chat) indicated they were considering bringing back Twinspires Classic for everyone. Well, duh.

But since this whole fiasco started last December with the new interface, I've come to realize how crappy Twinspires' video feed is as well. They claim all the ADWs get the same signal source, but Twinspires must fragment and reduce the resolution on purpose, or they get a break on the video signal cost by carrying a lower res signal. While using TVG, Xpressbet or NYRA bets, it's a whole different experience for me. Sharp, clear, and rare for hangups which plagued TS.

I've cut way back on my at TS this year, and am now using TVG and NYRAbets. Until Twinspires brings back the Classic interface which can be used all the time (my settings all get smoked when I navigate elsewhere on the Twinspires site and I have to re-enter all the tracks) AND they improve their video to make it on par with the other ADWs, I don't see any reason to reward them with a larger share of my minnow handle.
Twinspires is run in such an unprofessional manner that it's a shock to me that they are the largest ADW around. They list tracks as "fast" when the surface is obviously sloppy...and they report that the races are "on the turf" when the races have been taken off the grass. And they regularly list the wrong part of the entry as the race winner...as if such a detail is too unimportant to report accurately. Such operational laziness should not be rewarded...IMO.
Old 12-13-2019, 11:14 PM   #407
Michael

FWIW

For what it's worth. Earlier this week I spoke to customer service and they wouldn't let me access the classic interface either. I stopped pushing serious money through the window sometime in the mid 2000's... so I'm not exactly going to complain when I can do other things with my spare leisure time and money.

Anyway, the interface is obviously meant to service cell phone apps... to which only apple phones have access to. When I told the customer service rep that the interface was terrible and wasted a ton of real estate... His reply was "what exactly is wrong with it"

It's one thing to try and save money by building the site to handle a cell phone app but it's a complete different ball game to discredit my intelligence like I wouldn't see past their obviously poorly planned out future in technology.

I'll likely open another account at a place that will value a new customer.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-14-2019, 10:24 AM   #408
olddaddy

Many times i have called twinspires to let them know that parts of wagering menu are incorrect or incomplete. After disputing it they finally contact the technical staff and come back to me to tell me it has been corrected. I always end conversation with, You are welcome.
olddaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-27-2019, 01:19 PM   #409
mikesal57
Veteran

Twinspires vs NYRA Bets Full Screens

and they are in this business for years

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (355.8 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (478.4 KB, 66 views)
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-05-2020, 01:37 PM   #410
Michael

Feeling good this morning. I'm gonna post and show my love for the twin spires user interface.

One of the greatest things about their interface is how twin spires show accurate pool odds. THEN, as a kicker they have a complete different set of odds when you're clicking in your bets. Which one is accurate? Who knows! Makes it fun... you never know what in the world is going on.
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2020, 05:10 PM   #411
titans1127
Harness racing Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
Twinspires vs NYRA Bets Full Screens

and they are in this business for years
This is the difference between offering HD feeds vs not. At this point I don't know why any ADW wouldn't offer a tracks HD feed if the track is sending it out.
titans1127 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2020, 12:42 PM   #412
delfman

help from someone is greatly appreciated.
I want to join a wagering site that provides drf pp's.
I know drf bets used to, but they are no more.
I think twinspires does, but I'm not sure my state is able to join with them.
I'm not interested in brisnet pp's.
any help please?
thanks
delfman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2020, 12:59 PM   #413
delfman

twinspires guy is telling me,

Single data files are a condensed PP that is a .drf file but all our Products are through Brisnet unless otherwise listed on the website.

anyone have experience with these data files?
they read the same as regular drf pp's?
thanks
Old 01-30-2020, 01:27 PM   #414
delfman

OK, so I was wrong about drf bets. I thought they were no more. guess it was just drf tournaments disappeared.
are the people who use drf bets happy with it?
would I be happier using twinspires?
is there another site I don't know of?
thanks
Old 01-30-2020, 02:34 PM   #415
Mechanic

TS not so good, open multiple accounts, you can have more than ONE
Mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-03-2020, 01:26 AM   #416
senortout

I have no dog in this fight but

Fixing a conditional wager, like it or not, MUST, BY ITS VERY DEFINITION, REDUCE THE OVERALL HANDLE OF THE ADW, and thus its own ROI. Examples galore but one should do it.
Assume you are a very sharp 'capper (most of you) and you spot a nag w/morning line way way off, say like 12-1 and you make him 2-1. Realizing the line is way off, you'll take the nag at 6-1 and wager accordingly..... conditionally of course. Your nicely spotted horse goes off at 3-1 and because you would not accept 2-1 you lose your betting opportunity. You don't lose the bet since it is cancelled (oh good!!!!) but you don't get 3-1 on an honest 2-1 shot, either!!! THUS, THE PROBLEM WITH CONDITIONAL WAGERING. The nice man from TS is not allowed to say this, but I, most emphatically, have no dog in this fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
A shame you are taking this course of action.

I would think you could understand just why certain people, who have been using a function of your website for like, FOREVER, can't understand how something like that could "break" so hard, that it appears unfixable for the time being.

If you are used to using the batch function to upload all of your wagers, and have developed a method of play that revolves around such a function, you're going to be pretty pissed off and not very understanding when days and weeks go by, and it hasn't been fixed.

I've done a pretty fair amount of programming myself, and I know something like this SHOULD be a fairly simple fix.

It's obviously not a priority for TwinSpires, for whatever reason.

I can guarantee that if there were a MAJOR PLAYER utilizing this function, it would have been fixed pronto.
senortout is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-13-2020, 10:14 AM   #417
Wiley
Horse Racing Connossieur

Got an email notice that the TV and Classic versions are both updated and will change this coming Monday morning. TS sent a video describing the changes, but I cannot really tell without using it if they will be any better or more of the last change to the main site which I don't like or use.

Apparently the video will be better in the TV version. I don't use their video as it has always been of poor quality to me and am very happy with an RTN subscription to watch races and replays. I only use the TS Classic version to place wagers and get PP's.
Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-13-2020, 12:43 PM   #418
sjk

The new one looks unusable for me so I am going to be done with them.
sjk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-13-2020, 02:17 PM   #419
Wiley
Horse Racing Connossieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjk View Post
The new one looks unusable for me so I am going to be done with them.
Thinking I might be in the same boat.

I will give the new version a try at least, but I am not hopeful.

I am still with them mainly because they carry all of the tracks I prefer to play and accept my state for wagering. I go back to the old YouBet days. I thought this day would soon come with those main site changes last year.
Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-14-2020, 09:18 AM   #420
green80

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfman View Post
twinspires guy is telling me,

Single data files are a condensed PP that is a .drf file but all our Products are through Brisnet unless otherwise listed on the website.

anyone have experience with these data files?
they read the same as regular drf pp's?
thanks

yes, you use the bris custom pp generator and it reads a data file just like the pp
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply