Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 09-05-2021, 05:14 PM   #1
zico20

College Football

I know the first week isn't finished yet but it appears Alabama and Georgia are the top two by far. I have never seen a defense as dominating like Georgia was against a top team. If they can find some offense going forward they can give Alabama a run for their money. Alabama finally has a defense that will be tough to penetrate. Their front seven were very impressive even though Miami's offensive line sucks.

Love seeing Montana take down overrated Washington. My favorite team BYU starts nicely by taking down a Power 5 foe in Arizona. Love that college footbal is back!
Old 09-05-2021, 06:01 PM   #2
Marshall Bennett

Thought LSU would give a better performance vs. UCLA. They were 2 pt. favorites and played like a 20 pt. underdog. UCLA will definitely break into the top 20 next week. They completely wore down LSU's defense on the ground.
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-05-2021, 06:49 PM   #3
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Thought LSU would give a better performance vs. UCLA. They were 2 pt. favorites and played like a 20 pt. underdog. UCLA will definitely break into the top 20 next week. They completely wore down LSU's defense on the ground.
The UCLA QB has finally matured and no longer panics and it has been the difference. GO BRUINS.

Hail to the hills of Westwood
TO the mighty seas below
Hail to our Alma Mater
She will conquer every foe.
For we’re loyal to the Southland,
Her honor we’ll uphold;
We’ll gladly give our hearts to thee,
To the Blue and to the Gold.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:47 AM   #4
Inner Dirt

UCLA fan here, glad to see them off to a good start, hoping they are as good as they looked and not a case of LSU being ranked way too high. Hate to see them with an off week coming up after a big win.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2021, 11:07 AM   #5
myohmyjustify

Never been a big Chip Kelly fan but it looks like he's put together a good team for this year. Yes, one game doesn't make a season but UCLA did show athleticism, toughness and enthusiasm -- factors missing at UCLA for many, many years.

Good luck to the Bruins and Kelly the rest of the season.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2021, 11:49 AM   #6
Marshall Bennett

Even with some sub-par teams, UCLA has always played well at home. Why is this such a factor with some college teams, and others not as much. They beat Texas at home a couple times in the past when the Longhorns had good teams and high hopes. They've been spoilers for several teams over the years early on in the season...home openers in particular. LSU being the latest victim.
Old 09-06-2021, 12:30 PM   #7
CheckMark

I don't know if anyone on here bets or handicaps Pro/College Football but if a few people on here wanted to post picks with me ATS (Against The Spread) for the next few weeks it would be fun

Let me know what you guys think and I can start up a thread for NCAAF and NFL

No fees or anything just bragging rights but I can keep track of records etc
Old 09-06-2021, 05:49 PM   #8
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckMark View Post
I don't know if anyone on here bets or handicaps Pro/College Football but if a few people on here wanted to post picks with me ATS (Against The Spread) for the next few weeks it would be fun

Let me know what you guys think and I can start up a thread for NCAAF and NFL

No fees or anything just bragging rights but I can keep track of records etc
We used to do college and pros both. I prefer college, but few others ever posted. I'm in if you start a thread.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:36 PM   #9
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
We used to do college and pros both. I prefer college, but few others ever posted. I'm in if you start a thread.
Ok I will do both College and Pro but separate threads though to keep it between the 2.

I was also thinking if I were to post odds would it be fair to post what the odds are on the starting day of the current week? For example Pro Football starts on Thursday and College would normally start Wednesday/Thursday and sometimes Friday.

It's either that or whatever the odds are on the day of the game(s). I will use VegasInsider as the odds line.

Let me know please and I will start the threads.

PS: If you and everyone that is playing I would recommend posting picks early in order to not get shut out and to also keep a running tally of what your record is.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:53 PM   #10
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Ok I will do both College and Pro but separate threads though to keep it between the 2.

I was also thinking if I were to post odds would it be fair to post what the odds are on the starting day of the current week? For example Pro Football starts on Thursday and College would normally start Wednesday/Thursday and sometimes Friday.

It's either that or whatever the odds are on the day of the game(s). I will use VegasInsider as the odds line.

Let me know please and I will start the threads.

PS: If you and everyone that is playing I would recommend posting picks early in order to not get shut out and to also keep a running tally of what your record is.
I'm also in CM.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-06-2021, 08:14 PM   #11
CheckMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
I'm also in CM.
Old 09-07-2021, 03:10 PM   #12
Inner Dirt

How does Notre Dame climb a spot or two depending on the poll after blowing an 18 point lead in the 4th quarter against an unranked opponent and winning in OT by a FG? It has always seemed to me ND has always been ranked higher than they should.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2021, 06:09 PM   #13
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
How does Notre Dame climb a spot or two depending on the poll after blowing an 18 point lead in the 4th quarter against an unranked opponent and winning in OT by a FG? It has always seemed to me ND has always been ranked higher than they should.
ND and about a half dozen others. Put Texas near the top of the list...they haven't had a decent program in years. Recruitment is killing them. Once the pride of the state, now its a left-wing playhouse few parents want their kid around. A&M and Oklahoma are getting all the best recruits now.
Old 09-08-2021, 06:29 PM   #14
CheckMark

I will be putting up Pro Thread up tomorrow and then College on Friday

Lines will be from VegasInsider and you lock in at those odds/picks when you hit submit whenever you do them

Deadlines for all games this week for Pro is before kickoff and for College it will be Friday before kickoff of the 1st game.

Let me know if there is anything else I should add.

And fyi there is no prize (would go against rules of having paid contest prize): Just bragging rights!
Old 09-08-2021, 06:54 PM   #15
CheckMark

Quote:
I will be putting up Pro Thread up tomorrow and then College on Friday

Lines will be from VegasInsider and you lock in at those odds/picks when you hit submit whenever you do them

Deadlines for all games this week for Pro is before kickoff and for College it will be Friday before kickoff of the 1st game.

Let me know if there is anything else I should add.

And fyi there is no prize (would go against rules of having paid contest prize): Just bragging rights!
Sorry deadlines for this week for Pro would be all picks submitted before kickoff on Thursday and College would be all picks before 1st game kickoff on Friday.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: