Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 07-16-2014, 09:04 PM   #16
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by levinmpa
Each Thursday evening at 8PM Eastern time, go to http://1045theteam.com/ and click the Listen Live link.
I was referring to the possibility of a pod cast.
However, thanks for the info and link.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2014, 08:03 PM   #17
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I don't see any mention of Andy anywhere on that station.

Last edited by Tom; 07-17-2014 at 08:05 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2014, 08:12 PM   #18
Racetrack Playa
regular user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Hey Tom,
just click-- listen live
Old 07-17-2014, 08:12 PM   #19
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Go to NYRA homepage - they have a link about halfway down on the right side
Old 07-17-2014, 08:14 PM   #20
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Just like last year - this site never worked and it still doesn't. CAn anyone listen live? I sure can't.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:16 PM   #21
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

I am listening right now...
Old 07-17-2014, 08:20 PM   #22
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Nothing here. That link takes me to the same dead radio page.
No mention anywhere about Andy. No live stream.
Anywhere elseI go, everything work fine.

Guess I'll have to settle for Roger Stein.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:42 PM   #23
castaway01

Listening to Andy and Mike Beer right now....they sound ready for the meet to kick off.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-17-2014, 08:47 PM   #24
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Finally got it, but it is terrible - sound keeps dropping in and out - same as last year. Won't try this again. Internet radio is not worth the bother. Road Runner is a very bad service provider - streaming is far beyond their capabilities. If there is a podcast, I'll download it.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:03 AM   #25
BMustang

I was a longtime religious listener/watcher of Talking Horses during the Saratoga meet. For years Andy had great insight, did his homework, and made informed selections. However, last year the show slipped badly. Seems Andy wasn't as current as he had been in the past, and oftentimes his guests were making revelations that he wasn't aware of, and then would hedge on.

I also don't like the policy of posting the selections the day before. Too much can change between then and show-time, and actually how astute can the handicapping/analysis actually be if the selections are posted at 5pm the day before the show. While the trips shown are extremely valuable, I will pass on Andy's analysis and, for better or worse, become more independent this year in selecting my own winners (losers).
BMustang is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2014, 08:26 AM   #26
sammy the sage

[QUOTE=BMustang I will pass on Andy's analysis and, for better or worse, become more independent this year in selecting my own winners (losers).[/QUOTE]

Ever the whiner...have you even posted ONE public pick ahead of time in 6 years here...

I'm thinking the "Little Guy" could give a rat's ass about people like you vs the hundreds that appreciate his time and effort for what he's done/doing..
Old 07-18-2014, 08:40 AM   #27
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMustang
I was a longtime religious listener/watcher of Talking Horses during the Saratoga meet. For years Andy had great insight, did his homework, and made informed selections. However, last year the show slipped badly. Seems Andy wasn't as current as he had been in the past, and oftentimes his guests were making revelations that he wasn't aware of, and then would hedge on.

I also don't like the policy of posting the selections the day before. Too much can change between then and show-time, and actually how astute can the handicapping/analysis actually be if the selections are posted at 5pm the day before the show. While the trips shown are extremely valuable, I will pass on Andy's analysis and, for better or worse, become more independent this year in selecting my own winners (losers).

Best post ever. This is so great.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2014, 09:22 AM   #28
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
I would be WILLING to wager a considerable sum that DOES continue to listen to you at least ONCE this NEXT week....
Old 07-18-2014, 09:59 AM   #29
BMustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
My point is that with all of the activities surrounding racing at Saratoga - doing Talking Horses, pre-race analysis, shows such as the Thursday night interview show mentioned, going to dinner, and socializing with his friends, the man (you are) is really squeezed for time. When does he (do you) have time to really dive into the next day's card and make informed decisions/selections that are posted before the last race is actually run on the day before??? Is this not valid???

I respect Andy's insights. I realize that he might be the only person on earth who actually sees every race run in New York, and has a working knowlege of the New York racing community. I stated that the trips section is invaluable, and I will watch to take advantage of those. And many of his guests are very knowledgable, have watched the horses work, have talked to the trainers etc., and bring "out of the pressbox" vision to the show.

I'm simply not going to hang on evey word, and am going to try to relax a bit, enjoy the meet, do my own homework, take Talking Horses for what it is worth, and attempt to venture out on my own this year.
BMustang is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-18-2014, 10:04 AM   #30
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMustang
My point is that with all of the activities surrounding racing at Saratoga - doing Talking Horses, pre-race analysis, shows such as the Thursday night interview show mentioned, going to dinner, and socializing with his friends, the man (you are) is really squeezed for time. When does he (do you) have time to really dive into the next day's card and make informed decisions/selections that are posted before the last race is actually run on the day before??? Is this not valid???

I respect Andy's insights. I realize that he might be the only person on earth who actually sees every race run in New York, and has a working knowlege of the New York racing community. I stated that the trips section is invaluable, and I will watch to take advantage of those. And many of his guests are very knowledgable, have watched the horses work, have talked to the trainers etc., and bring "out of the pressbox" vision to the show.

I'm simply not going to hang on evey word, and am going to try to relax a bit, enjoy the meet, do my own homework, take Talking Horses for what it is worth, and attempt to venture out on my own this year.

I get it. I read all your posts. I appreciate that you are a fan, however your posts are filled with preconceived notions of me that have absolutely zero basis in fact. That's OK....it goes with the territory. Maybe I should do a diary for you, video perhaps, so that you would know that nothing is more important than my doing the handicapping work, and if something interfered with that, I would not do it.

Now, if you don't mind, I need to get back to Sunday and Monday's cards. I've already spent eight hours on them since they came out at 4pm yesterday, and I still have a ways to go. I wouldn't want to disappoint my fans, even the ones like you that are ( apparently ) not listening anymore.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply