Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-08-2022, 06:17 PM   #616
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

WSJ also prints an opinion piece on Biden's "bizarre oil diplomacy"...courting Venezuela and the Saudis (who apparently want nothing to do with him), but NOT US or Canadian producers.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/joe-bid...ne-11646694275
Old 03-08-2022, 06:21 PM   #617
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
News from the WSJ just flashed across my phone:

Good thing the adults are back in charge.

What was that again about the US regaining standing in the world post-Trump?

Maybe Biden should have Kamala call them ...
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-08-2022, 06:23 PM   #618
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Yeah...

No.

You got this one wrong homie.
How can I get it wrong when nothing I said was an opinion except considering anyone that puts natural resources ahead of people a sociopath. The rest if it all demonstrable facts unless you only listen to US propaganda.
Old 03-08-2022, 06:24 PM   #619
MargieRose

Quote:
I'll let this guy explain it...this video was made almost 7 years ago...and was based on the revolution, unrest and the Russian-Ukraine war of 2014 that resulted in Crimea being taken by the Russians.

But it totally applies in the runup to the war we are witnessing today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrMiSQAGOS4&t=110s
Very interesting, in deed.

"Part I (above) – John Mearsheimer did an in depth analysis on Ukraine in 2015. He basically predicted what was going to happen."

The video below "contains only the highlights of John Mearsheimer’s Ukraine-Russia War 2022 Analysis."

"The professor sticks to his analysis back in the 2015 lecture, now a grim fact, still unfolding." (commenter)

"We are in a very dangerous situation."

"Balance of resolve."

"The American's do not care that much about Ukraine." (Didn't Mike Pompeo say the same thing?)

"The real losers in this war are the Ukrainians"
"Part II – In 2022 he gave an update on the Ukraine-Russia situation. Source (for full discussion; multiple speakers): Putin's Invasion of Ukraine Salon | Ray McGovern, John Mearsheimer"
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-08-2022, 06:26 PM   #620
classhandicapper

Quote:

The entire planet knows Biden is an early stage dementia patient that was never anything special to begin with. They don't know whether to laugh, cry, take advantage, or just remain bewildered that someone like this could get elected in the US.
Old 03-08-2022, 06:49 PM   #621
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

[QUOTE=classhandicapper;2791975]The entire planet knows Biden is an early stage dementia patient that was never anything special to begin with. They don't know whether to laugh, cry, take advantage, or just remain bewildered that someone like this could get elected in the US.[/QUOTE]

I'll tell you how......

Attached Images
File Type: jpg mostpost.jpg (1.8 KB, 36 views)
Old 03-08-2022, 06:51 PM   #622
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Very interesting, in deed.

"Part I (above) – John Mearsheimer did an in depth analysis on Ukraine in 2015. He basically predicted what was going to happen."

The video below "contains only the highlights of John Mearsheimer’s Ukraine-Russia War 2022 Analysis."

"The professor sticks to his analysis back in the 2015 lecture, now a grim fact, still unfolding." (commenter)

"We are in a very dangerous situation."

"Balance of resolve."

"The American's do not care that much about Ukraine." (Didn't Mike Pompeo say the same thing?)

"The real losers in this war are the Ukrainians"
https://youtu.be/T6mw9U62ZJU
"Part II – In 2022 he gave an update on the Ukraine-Russia situation. Source (for full discussion; multiple speakers): Putin's Invasion of Ukraine Salon | Ray McGovern, John Mearsheimer" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppD_bhWODDc&t=0s
Thanks for posting those follow-up videos from the University of Chicago professor.

Interesting that he states as fact that Trump armed the Ukrainians in December 2017.

Is that true Ely?
Old 03-08-2022, 06:57 PM   #623
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I agree pretty much with the professor from University of Chicago...on all of his analysis in the 22 minute video posted in reply #619.

I'd like to hear Ely's take on the professor. I know he doesn't watch videos I post, so luckily, I didn't post that video.
Old 03-08-2022, 06:59 PM   #624
beach_bum

https://invesbrain.com/nuland-warns-...ng-bioweapons/

Nuland Warns Russia May Seize Ukraine Biolabs, Stage False Flag Using Bioweapons
On Tuesday morning, Bloomberg reported that China had accused the US military of operating "dangerous" biolabs in Ukraine - which "echoed a Russian conspiracy theory that Western officials warned could be part of an effort to retroactively justify President Vladimir Putin's invasion."
The labs exist Hours later, US Undersecretary of State Victoria Nuland told Sen. Marco Rubio during a hearing that the labs do indeed exist, and must be protected from Russia - which, as Rubio suggested - may stage a biological or chemical false flag attack that they blame on Ukraine.
"Ukraine has biological research facilities, which, in fact, we are now quite concerned Russian troops, Russian forces may be seeking to gain control of. So we are working with the Ukrainians on how they can prevent any of those research materials from falling into the hands of Russian forces should they approach."

Seems strange to be worried about Russia taking the labs?
Who has them now?
Would Russia wish to let go the agents on their own border?
beach_bum is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-08-2022, 07:06 PM   #625
elysiantraveller

Quote:

Kinda buried the reason why though huh?

Quote:
Persian Gulf monarchies have signaled they won’t help ease surging oil prices unless Washington supports them in Yemen, elsewhere
https://www.wsj.com/articles/saudi-e...is-11646779430
Old 03-08-2022, 07:07 PM   #626
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
How can I get it wrong when nothing I said was an opinion except considering anyone that puts natural resources ahead of people a sociopath. The rest if it all demonstrable facts unless you only listen to US propaganda.
I can pull the old posts front years back where you argue that Russia has been justified being belligerent because of NATO expansion.

I'm not going to bother right now but I remember them and can.
Old 03-08-2022, 07:18 PM   #627
elysiantraveller

Quote:
I agree pretty much with the professor from University of Chicago...on all of his analysis in the 22 minute video posted in reply #619.

I'd like to hear Ely's take on the professor. I know he doesn't watch videos I post, so luckily, I didn't post that video.
I studied Mearsheimer in college.

It's funny you make cracks to me about how the cold war wants it's foreign policy back then say you agree with him.

Quite funny actually.

The problem with Mearsheimer is he was dead wrong in 2014 in his assessment of Russian intentions. Now because he's getting some play he's trying to shoehorn what he said prior to fit the current situation.

It doesn't matter what he thought back then because we have Putin saying his justification for conflict right now and one of the big ones is he doesn't believe Ukraine has the right to exist.

It's naked aggression and nothing more. He didn't have to say it... coulda just blamed NATO but he didn't. He chose to say that.

Everything since about 2008 has been about getting the gang back together... I warned about it back then and you, Classhandicapper, and others quipped about how the "Cold War wants its foreign policy back."

Now you flock to a premier Cold War thinker because... Biden bad... he must be...

Bush, Obama, and Trump fucked this... all differently but they fucked it... Biden is trying to unfuck it and he's done a decent job so far.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 03-08-2022 at 07:19 PM.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-08-2022, 07:42 PM   #628
classhandicapper

Quote:
I can pull the old posts front years back where you argue that Russia has been justified being belligerent because of NATO expansion.

I'm not going to bother right now but I remember them and can.
I still think Russia has some very legitimate concerns about NATO expansion, especially given that we agreed not to do that when the Soviet Union first fell. The idea that we are blameless in this is propaganda coming from western sociopath globalists, business people, and politicians that want to expand NATO, expand the European Union, get access to those natural resources, and do corrupt deals with the Ukraine government. They aren't telling the Russian side. They are appealing to our love of America and patriotism as the good guys. Guess what? You are I (and the rest of the people here) are the good guys, but the corrupt politicians, media, and business people are not.

My major problem with Putin is not so much that he has some legitimate concerns about NATO's march eastward or that he wants access to natural resources etc... It's that he has no problem killing people to accomplish the same things we are doing in sneaky ways.
Old 03-08-2022, 07:45 PM   #629
woodtoo

Quote:
I studied Mearsheimer in college.

It's funny you make cracks to me about how the cold war wants it's foreign policy back then say you agree with him.

Quite funny actually.

The problem with Mearsheimer is he was dead wrong in 2014 in his assessment of Russian intentions. Now because he's getting some play he's trying to shoehorn what he said prior to fit the current situation.

It doesn't matter what he thought back then because we have Putin saying his justification for conflict right now and one of the big ones is he doesn't believe Ukraine has the right to exist.

It's naked aggression and nothing more. He didn't have to say it... coulda just blamed NATO but he didn't. He chose to say that.

Everything since about 2008 has been about getting the gang back together... I warned about it back then and you, Classhandicapper, and others quipped about how the "Cold War wants its foreign policy back."

Now you flock to a premier Cold War thinker because... Biden bad... he must be...

Bush, Obama, and Trump fucked this... all differently but they fucked it... Biden is trying to unfuck it and he's done a decent job so far.
Hilarious as ever!!!! Especially the last bullshit line.
Old 03-08-2022, 07:46 PM   #630
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I still think Russia has some very legitimate concerns about NATO expansion, especially given that we agreed not to do that when the Soviet Union first fell. The idea that we are blameless in this is propaganda coming from western sociopath globalists, business people, and politicians that want to expand NATO, expand the European Union, get access to those natural resources, and do corrupt deals with the Ukraine government. They aren't telling the Russian side. They are appealing to our love of America and patriotism as the good guys. Guess what? You are I (and the rest of the people here) are the good guys, but the corrupt politicians, media, and business people are not.

My major problem with Putin is not so much that he has some legitimate concerns about NATO's march eastward or that he wants access to natural resources etc... It's that he has no problem killing people to accomplish the same things we are doing in sneaky ways.
NATO didn't just march eastward.

This is that bullshit Kremlin thinking.

Nations wanted to join NATO. Joining NATO requires a popular vote. Even afterwards it's expensive and disruptive especially in former Bloc countries because they have to completely retool and reorganize their militaries.

We don't even use the same bullets.

Yet they still chose to join...

Gee...<looks around>... wonder why.