Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.76 average.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:25 PM   #151
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
an extra confident boost after the great Iran deal, and will continue 0bama's policys of bringing down America to 3rd world status
You need to keep up. Obama says that under his administration we are once again the most respected country in the world.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:59 PM   #152
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
You need to keep up. Obama says that under his administration we are once again the most respected country in the world.

Being the first Kenyan American (that's what he called himself giving a speech there) president, he knows that 3rd world countries can be the most respected in the world.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2015, 05:30 AM   #153
fast4522

What the democrat's have up their sleeve is the new world order, they insist on taking advantage of opportunists like this monstrous pair.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Garbage.jpg (42.0 KB, 117 views)
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2015, 08:18 AM   #154
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwell
... if Obama lets her get run over by the bus in Oct by Gowdy, he than could have Biden to run, knowing Sanders has no shot and then he could still direct traffic behind Uncle Joe.
It's not even about pulling the strings, although it certainly could be like that. But if Obama has the confidence his stuff wouldn't be undone, then he can enjoy the post-presidential glow that Clinton has experienced (and that Bush Jr will never get) as the soul of the party, or its Elder Statesman, and continue to influence things in a more general way. For a long time. If a Clinton wins, his future could take a whole other trajectory that isn't nearly as appealing.

Obama as an ex-president is almost as dreadful a thought as a sitting pres.
rastajenk is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2015, 10:19 AM   #155
dartman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusWiz
While I tend to agree with the concept presented, I think it may be overly liberal to interpret the law as automatically making children of people in this country illegally into United States Citizens as the law currently stands. I realize that this is a commonly held belief, but a nuance of this law was pointed out to me by an immigrant who is and has been in this country legally for decades.

In general, a person who is born in the United States, subject to its jurisdiction, is a citizen of the United States regardless of the race, ethnicity, or alienage of the parents. The phrase "subject to its jurisdiction" has no clear definition and may mean that people here without legal status are still under the jurisdiction of their home country or at least not under ours since to be under our jurisdiction, I would think we would have needed to have granted their residence here some legal basis.

One court case worth noting is Elk versus Wilkins where the court held that children of Native Americans were not automatically citizens of the United States unless the parents had been naturalized by treaty or by a federal collective naturalization statute, or taxed or recognized as a citizen by the United States or a state. In other words, such Native Americans still had their main allegiance to their tribe and, as such, were members of a political entity other than the United States of America. In much the same way, I would contend that a foreign citizen in the United States has their primary allegiance to their true home country and are not to the United States unless there is some concept giving the United States similar jurisdiction. They cannot legally work here, but they do pay Sales Tax, so conceivably that could be enough to make their children citizens. It took an act of Congress to grant citizenship to all Native Americans.

In United States versus Wong Kim Ark, it was determined that even though the parents had primary allegiance to the Chinese emperor, they were under the jurisdiction of the United States. While this has long been touted as the basis for claiming that anyone born here is a citizen, I no longer believe that this is settled law. Although the federal court decision made no distinction between being in the United States lawfully or unlawfully there was no need to since the child's parents were legal resident aliens at the time of the child's birth. They did note that the parents had a permanent domicile and residence in the United States at the time of the Child's birth (and were not diplomats from China). While I could never conceive of someone here illegally as having a permanent (though extremely tentative) residence, I am neither an immigration expert nor a lawyer.

However, since being informed of this, I have read articles where it was argued that the Citizenship Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment was never intended to apply to the children of individuals who were not in any way granted authorization to be here (and hence not under United States jurisdiction).

Just some food for thought, that our laws may actually have this situation covered. I do not think this has ever gone to court (and likely never will), but if the current law does not disallow it, we would likely need to amend the constitution (a much slower and more difficult process) to fix this problem.
I think that is open to interpretation. I do know, that every time the right talks about deporting ALL illegal aliens, someone from the LEFT, always points out that you can't do that because a lot of these people have children, who are citizens, and you can't deport citizens, and you can't separate the children from their parents. I believe the term "subject to it's jurisdiction" includes ANYONE who is a resident of the U.S., with the possible exception of Diplomats. If you live here you are BOUND by the laws here, unless you live in a 'sanctuary city', or, your name is Clinton.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2015, 11:08 AM   #156
FocusWiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartman51
I think that is open to interpretation. I do know, that every time the right talks about deporting ALL illegal aliens, someone from the LEFT, always points out that you can't do that because a lot of these people have children, who are citizens, and you can't deport citizens, and you can't separate the children from their parents. I believe the term "subject to it's jurisdiction" includes ANYONE who is a resident of the U.S., with the possible exception of Diplomats. If you live here you are BOUND by the laws here, unless you live in a 'sanctuary city', or, your name is Clinton.
I believe the majority in this country agrees with what you wrote and I think the likelihood is that the courts would agree if it came to them.

Hence, a Congressional Law won't be enough to fix this. If that interpretation is correct, then the Fourteenth Amendment would have to be modified with respect to this phrase:
Quote:
All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.
I do not think such a change to the constitution is likely given today's political climate.

Last edited by FocusWiz; 07-28-2015 at 11:13 AM.
FocusWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2015, 06:06 AM   #157
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk
It's not even about pulling the strings, although it certainly could be like that. But if Obama has the confidence his stuff wouldn't be undone, then he can enjoy the post-presidential glow that Clinton has experienced (and that Bush Jr will never get) as the soul of the party, or its Elder Statesman, and continue to influence things in a more general way. For a long time. If a Clinton wins, his future could take a whole other trajectory that isn't nearly as appealing.

Obama as an ex-president is almost as dreadful a thought as a sitting pres.
I do not see Obama being dreadful as an ex-president if we deny him the station he desires while in office as the stupid SOB who broke the seventh seal and started the end of days. I wish the guy well in retirement and think we all have to pray that he does no further damage, we are quite vulnerable in this slot of time we are currently in.

Someone exactly like Donald Trump could make America great again, someone has to.

Last edited by fast4522; 07-29-2015 at 06:16 AM.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:57 AM   #158
Clocker

Hillary was asked about her position on the Keystone pipeline at a campaign event.

Quote:
"If it’s undecided when I become president, I will answer your question," Clinton said. "This is President Obama's decision. I'm not going to second-guess him."
She has been equally vague on a lot of other issues. So I guess we will have to elect her to find out what her programs will be.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/t...e-on-keystone/
Old 07-29-2015, 10:46 AM   #159
davew

Quote:
Hillary was asked about her position on the Keystone pipeline at a campaign event.

She has been equally vague on a lot of other issues. So I guess we will have to elect her to find out what her programs will be.

almost sounds like Nancy Pelosi, wish she was running instead....
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2015, 07:23 PM   #160
fast4522

A new Busty blond mistress code name "Energizer" is reported, for a guy who has had open heart surgery?

http://thesop.org/story/20140722/bil...ice-video.html
Old 07-30-2015, 06:23 AM   #161
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522
A new Busty blond mistress code name "Energizer" is reported, for a guy who has had open heart surgery?

http://thesop.org/story/20140722/bil...ice-video.html
Quote:
A leopard doesn`t change his spots, and Bill Clinton will continue to fool around until his heart stops beating or his pecker falls off.

In his book Kessler reveals that Hillary is a real (rhymes with witch) to the agents who protect her life. If Hillary wants the agents to sneak in bimbos for her entertainment, she`d better start being nice to them.
Both statements are true. Slick Willy is a human billy-goat, and Queen Hillary needs to learn the concept of "friendly fire".....
Old 07-30-2015, 12:30 PM   #162
dartman51

Quote:

Kinda like, "we have to pass the bill to see what's in it."
With Hillary, it's, "you have to elect me President, to get my answer."
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2015, 02:10 PM   #163
magwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartman51
Kinda like, "we have to pass the bill to see what's in it."
With Hillary, it's, "you have to elect me President, to get my answer."
Now that's true and funny.......
Old 07-31-2015, 02:28 PM   #164
Greyfox

Quote:
It's a dicey issue for her to comment on when she knows that Obama is most likely going to reject the pipeline shortly.
Also, Hillary needs to keep the "greenies" in her camp.
But in some instances, (not related to rape), "She didn't say No, therefore she said Yes" might apply.
My guess is that Hillary would pass the pipeline in an instant.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2015, 03:15 PM   #165
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwell
Now that's true and funny.......
And what is sad is that so many people, including a few here, not only buy that garbage, they DEFEND it!

You can't fix stupid.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: