Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-20-2020, 11:05 AM   #1
Blenheim
Race Player

'A different vibe' for 2020 Triple Crown

https://www.horseracingnation.com/ne...iple_Crown_123
“It’s a different feeling, a different vibe, but one thing is they’re all going to be very competitive races,” said Bob Baffert, who has won Triple Crowns in recent years with American Pharoah (2015) and Justify (2018).

Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2020, 08:50 AM   #2
burnsy
self medicated

No one commented on this but he is 100% correct. It is a different vibe but it’s also a different world. Not on this forum so much but I read the comments on Horse Racing Nation and my thought is sometimes the internet=whine + cheese. So many complaints about the Triple Crown and it’s not for real this year. No shit Capt Obvious but take your blinkers off and look around the world. People are sick , some are dying and many people don’t have a job to go to. The sports world is almost shut down . Basketball is trying to resurrect a season and MLB can’t even agree on terms to play their season. The world practically came to a stand still . But at least there’s Horse Racing. Of all the things people can bitch about in this game. They cry about scheduling during a Pandemic. It’s ridiculous. Where do these people live? Are they brain dead or just blind to the situation? There’s a great card coming Saturday and as of right now the weather looks ok. These clowns don’t understand you very well could be handicapping two roaches racing across the floor right now . Boo hoo the Triple Crown is ruined....... It sure is fine that brains like that play this game and are in the pools ....

Last edited by burnsy; 06-18-2020 at 08:57 AM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2020, 09:40 AM   #3
letswastemoney

It's not the Belmont Stakes. It's a 9F Grade 1 for 3-year-olds. There is no way to compare this edition of the Belmont to recent history.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2020, 09:56 AM   #4
Wiley
Horse Racing Connossieur

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney View Post
It's not the Belmont Stakes. It's a 9F Grade 1 for 3-year-olds. There is no way to compare this edition of the Belmont to recent history.
Agree, a higher grade version of the Peter Pan. Looks like that one will not be run this year, which makes sense, as it was used as a prep for the Belmont stakes by many horses over the years.
Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2020, 10:58 AM   #5
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
No one commented on this but he is 100% correct. It is a different vibe but it’s also a different world. Not on this forum so much but I read the comments on Horse Racing Nation and my thought is sometimes the internet=whine + cheese. So many complaints about the Triple Crown and it’s not for real this year. No shit Capt Obvious but take your blinkers off and look around the world. People are sick , some are dying and many people don’t have a job to go to. The sports world is almost shut down . Basketball is trying to resurrect a season and MLB can’t even agree on terms to play their season. The world practically came to a stand still . But at least there’s Horse Racing. Of all the things people can bitch about in this game. They cry about scheduling during a Pandemic. It’s ridiculous. Where do these people live? Are they brain dead or just blind to the situation? There’s a great card coming Saturday and as of right now the weather looks ok. These clowns don’t understand you very well could be handicapping two roaches racing across the floor right now . Boo hoo the Triple Crown is ruined....... It sure is fine that brains like that play this game and are in the pools ....
The percentage of people who constantly point out how change affects them, adds to my disappointment.

Flexibility, adaptability and a stomach for disruption are mandatory skills.

Kanye West song , RUN AWAY, has the best line for describing the syndrom.

“I’m so gifted at finding what I don’t like the most”

True dat.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2020, 11:27 AM   #6
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
The percentage of people who constantly point out how change affects them, adds to my disappointment.

Flexibility, adaptability and a stomach for disruption are mandatory skills.

Kanye West song , RUN AWAY, has the best line for describing the syndrom.

“I’m so gifted at finding what I don’t like the most”

True dat.
Amen brother. If you sit there dissecting it and crying the blues...... instead of adapting. Good luck ...... lol
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2020, 11:32 AM   #7
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenheim View Post
https://www.horseracingnation.com/ne...iple_Crown_123
“It’s a different feeling, a different vibe, but one thing is they’re all going to be very competitive races,” said Bob Baffert, who has won Triple Crowns in recent years with American Pharoah (2015) and Justify (2018).
the belmont is not a competitive race, at least to me on paper. Barring a stunning upset it should be an easy win for the chalk.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply