Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-06-2020, 07:00 AM   #16
summersquall

As with most of these type incidents nowadays there is a video of the dead mans final moments. Solely according to that one might well conclude jogging- "The Most Dangerous Game".

~ Lily Tomlin
summersquall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2020, 08:22 AM   #17
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
I’m sorry for not reading the other 35,000 murder threads you start annually. Seems odd to me that you chose a low percentage case to highlight when black on black and black on white murders are far more prevalent. Your racism and agenda is showing Al. Don’t hide from it. Hug your bias Al. Hug it until it suffocates. Then do the same with your hypocrisy.
Hug my bias? Someone is dead and someone has to pay.

That’s not an agenda. That’s justice.

I am sorry that you feel differently about a killing committed in the great state of Georgia in February 2020 by an ex cop and his son.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2020, 08:51 AM   #18
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post

I am sorry that you feel differently about a killing committed in the great state of Georgia in February 2020 by an ex cop and his son.

Allan
It was not so simple to call it a murder. He had robbed something and was running away, in that state citizen's arrests are allowed, he ran right around the truck then made a swift 90 degree turn and went for the one mans gun. And was shot by the other man.

It was NOT a jogger. And I'm not saying it was justified or not, I'll let the judicial system decide.

But you can go back to your fake virtue signaling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2020, 08:53 AM   #19
delayjf

According to the article posted, this case is going to a grand jury.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2020, 09:04 AM   #20
davew

Quote:

Allan
are you also going after Cuomo and De Blasio for all the dead people in nursing homes due to the homes being forced to accept hospital released covid patients?

'someone is dead and someone should pay'

or is it 'orange man bad' issue?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2020, 10:36 AM   #21
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
It was not so simple to call it a murder. He had robbed something and was running away, in that state citizen's arrests are allowed, he ran right around the truck then made a swift 90 degree turn and went for the one mans gun. And was shot by the other man.

It was NOT a jogger. And I'm not saying it was justified or not, I'll let the judicial system decide.

But you can go back to your fake virtue signaling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
Jesus, he did not commit a robbery. They suspected he might be a person who had been committing robberies in the neighborhood. Citizens arrests are meant for catching someone IN THE ACT. Those 2 weren't cops.

I don't know if you're aware, but robbery and especially suspected robbery don't come with a death sentence. It's clear he attempted to flee 2 guys with guns before getting in an altercation with the guy out of the truck.

If you walked down the street and 2 guys with guns stopped you in a truck, would you assume they were there to effect a "citizens arrest"? Or would you flee? Give me a break
JerryBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2020, 10:44 AM   #22
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBoyle View Post
Jesus, he did not commit a robbery. They suspected he might be a person who had been committing robberies in the neighborhood. Citizens arrests are meant for catching someone IN THE ACT. Those 2 weren't cops.

I don't know if you're aware, but robbery and especially suspected robbery don't come with a death sentence. It's clear he attempted to flee 2 guys with guns before getting in an altercation with the guy out of the truck.

If you walked down the street and 2 guys with guns stopped you in a truck, would you assume they were there to effect a "citizens arrest"? Or would you flee? Give me a break
On another site, an African American re-posted this comment from the video:

The father son chased him up that street in the OTHER direction. They tried to cut him off and he doubled back. The father was on foot a little and then jumped into the back of the truck. Arbery saw the car coming at him when he turned to run the other way. The truck turned around and drove past him and then stopped at the street corner. Arbery was running FROM the guy videotaping from three houses away. Arbery : FIGHT or flight? He chose to fight as he was tired from the running. He grabs the gun and it goes off. They struggle and it goes off again. Somehow he goes from being on one side of the gun to the other, This allows him to HIT the man with his right hand. As he does it goes off a third time. When you get all the events you under stand better. He was seen leaving a house. At :28 and :30 you see where he threw two things on the ground. A thief fights those chasing him and he gets shot.

I already said let the justice system sort it out. To knee jerk and say it was murder...
Old 05-06-2020, 10:54 AM   #23
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:

The father son chased him up that street in the OTHER direction. They tried to cut him off and he doubled back. The father was on foot a little and then jumped into the back of the truck. Arbery saw the car coming at him when he turned to run the other way. The truck turned around and drove past him and then stopped at the street corner. Arbery was running FROM the guy videotaping from three houses away. Arbery : FIGHT or flight? He chose to fight as he was tired from the running. He grabs the gun and it goes off. They struggle and it goes off again. Somehow he goes from being on one side of the gun to the other, This allows him to HIT the man with his right hand. As he does it goes off a third time. When you get all the events you under stand better. He was seen leaving a house. At :28 and :30 you see where he threw two things on the ground. A thief fights those chasing him and he gets shot.

I already said let the justice system sort it out. To knee jerk and say it was murder...
He was seen leaving a house under construction. He clearly tries to flee. In the video you posted there is no way you can determine if he dropped ANYTHING at either :28 or :30. Even if he did, you have no idea what he threw down.

You say let the justice system decide, but you've labeled the guy a thief, others have brought up his "previous criminal history" (which was 1 count of shoplifting) to label him "aggressive", and you mention some bs citizens arrest statute, which doesn't even cover this scenario. A guy ran past 2 people pointing guns at him, clearly tries to flee, then engages.

The fact that you and other people here dig in on "he likely deserved it" blows my mind. And I know you'll say you never said he deserved it, but the presumptions you make make it clear that's the line you're taking. Either you're unable to think reasonably, or there is some other, possibly unrecognized, emotion that gets in your way of thinking reasonably. I'm pretty sure I could present a scenario where the same exact events occur, but slightly modify some of the characteristics of the parties involved, and you'd draw a completely different conclusion.
Old 05-06-2020, 11:04 AM   #24
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
He was seen leaving a house under construction. He clearly tries to flee. In the video you posted there is no way you can determine if he dropped ANYTHING at either :28 or :30. Even if he did, you have no idea what he threw down.

You say let the justice system decide, but you've labeled the guy a thief, others have brought up his "previous criminal history" (which was 1 count of shoplifting) to label him "aggressive", and you mention some bs citizens arrest statute, which doesn't even cover this scenario. A guy ran past 2 people pointing guns at him, clearly tries to flee, then engages.

The fact that you and other people here dig in on "he likely deserved it" blows my mind. And I know you'll say you never said he deserved it, but the presumptions you make make it clear that's the line you're taking. Either you're unable to think reasonably, or there is some other, possibly unrecognized, emotion that gets in your way of thinking reasonably. I'm pretty sure I could present a scenario where the same exact events occur, but slightly modify some of the characteristics of the parties involved, and you'd draw a completely different conclusion.
I bet you said the same immediately after the Trayvon and Ferguson events.

Whatevuh.
Old 05-06-2020, 11:09 AM   #25
biggestal99

Quote:

It was the same knee jerk by the recused prosecutor who stated it was a legit citizens arrest.

Let the justice system play out.

Allan
Old 05-06-2020, 11:10 AM   #26
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
I bet you said the same immediately after the Trayvon and Ferguson events.

Whatevuh.
I haven't said anything about either. But thank you for confirming my suspicions.

But yes, as it relates to the Trayvon event, I have an issue with "citizens" trying to effect stops of "suspected" criminals while armed. Call the cops. How is this even an argument?
Old 05-06-2020, 11:14 AM   #27
biggestal99

Quote:
I haven't said anything about either. But thank you for confirming my suspicions.

But yes, as it relates to the Trayvon event, I have an issue with "citizens" trying to effect stops of "suspected" criminals while armed. Call the cops. How is this even an argument?
They did call the cops.

Then proceed to confront the person.

Allan
Old 05-06-2020, 11:15 AM   #28
RunForTheRoses

Quote:

Just for the record I did not say he was a thief above, reposted a comment from elsewhere.

Regarding Trayvon, wasn't Zimmerman, a security guard? maybe he couldn't call the cops when his head was being smashed into the curb?
Old 05-06-2020, 11:20 AM   #29
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
Just for the record I did not say he was a thief above, reposted a comment from elsewhere.

Regarding Trayvon, wasn't Zimmerman, a security guard? maybe he couldn't call the cops when his head was being smashed into the curb?
You said earlier, "He had robbed something and was running away".

No, Zimmerman was the head of a community started neighborhood watch program. And he was on the phone with the cops. Who told him to stay put. He went anyway. And someone died.

Say it with me, armed (and unarmed) citizens shouldn't be effecting stops of people SUSPECTED (suspected by the citizen) of maybe committing crimes.
Old 05-06-2020, 11:49 AM   #30
ronsmac

Quote:
Chased and shot down like a dog.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/26/u...g-georgia.html

By an ex-police officer and his son in Georgia.

357 mag and a shotgun against an unarmed black guy.

Ex-Police officer claiming he was within his rights to shoot down victim.

Two prosecutors recused themselves but not before One pronounced innocence of said police officer.

New Prosecutor will present evidence to a grand jury, it was announced today.

We shall what happens.

Allan
Without knowing all of the facts it sounds like an unfortunate situation. What I dislike about media coverage over the last 10 or 20 years, is that every time someone black is killed by someone white, race is always mentioned. I’ve lived most of my life in or near Baltimore and white people get killed at a disproportionate rate by blacks than the other way around and the race of the people involved is rarely mentioned when the killer is black and the victim is white. It’s not difficult to piece it together when the names of the people involved are given. The media makes it seem like blacks are terrified of whites. They haven’t been to Baltimore.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: