Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-11-2020, 09:22 AM   #16
clicknow

I didn't play any futures this year. Heck some of the longshots at OP per a $2 bet pay better, and sometimes I even hit them. Money in hand is always better than later. Because I can turn it into more money. Later, who knows.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2020, 07:12 AM   #17
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney View Post
They stole your guys' moneys. I didn't play the future, but I'm surprised more people aren't upset.

Did they ever. They are dropping like flies. Money should of been refunded. This bet is a bigger sham than ever with the postponement. We should have an over/under bet on remaining participants by the time it goes off.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2020, 07:49 AM   #18
lamboguy

correct me if i am wrong, when you bet your futures bets with the pools you don't know what price you get until the pool closes?

if that is true then that would be considered a pari-mutuel bet. in most states any pari-mutuel bet is refunded unless there are rules specifically written for the particular bet like in pick 4, pick 5 or pick 6 bets where most give you the postime favorite or a substitution bet if the venue allows it in case of a scratch.

in Nevada, the bookmakers there also offer future bets, but at fixed odds. if you walk up to the window and bet on TIZ THE LAW to win the Kentucky Derby at 10-1, they give you a ticket with the payoff before any pool closes. i am not sure if there is a refund on all wagers made on Kentucky Derby futures bets in Nevada, but with sports bets it states that the event must be played on the the date printed out on the ticket otherwise there will be no action and all bets will be refunded.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2020, 08:33 AM   #19
burnsy
self medicated

Lambo you would think . But this bet your horse has to make the gate. Which is tough during a normal year . This year they gave themselves 4 more months to take your money on a bet that’s already set up against you if they run in May.

Once one of these pools close..... there are no refunds or substitutes.
Old 06-07-2020, 08:49 AM   #20
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
Lambo you would think . But this bet your horse has to make the gate. Which is tough during a normal year . This year they gave themselves 4 more months to take your money on a bet that’s already set up against you if they run in May.

Once one of these pools close..... there are no refunds or substitutes.

if thats the case, if you bet enough money you should fly to Vegas and make your futures bets there and get better locked in prices.

they might be taking future bets at local legal sports betting operations that have opened up recently.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-07-2020, 09:50 AM   #21
burnsy
self medicated

I can bet them at Rivers here when they are open. That whole numbered pool thing is more of a marketing ploy than a real bet. That’s my point on this deal. It sells the derby and makes some nice money on an iffy bet for the public. With 4 extra months this year it goes from iffy to down right pocket picking . In other words people are being taken advantage of.

Last edited by burnsy; 06-07-2020 at 09:51 AM.
Old 06-07-2020, 06:16 PM   #22
boys at tosconova

these are sucker bets. almost every online shop will give depressed odds not worth betting.

the pool ones you bet @ churchill are pretty bad as well

last year i belive there were only 3 horses in the KD with single digits odds.

i'm all for taking a stab on horses with odds @ or above 50-1 and hope that he's better than that and just gives u a fighting chance and makes it in, as most horses aren't 50-1 anymore in the KD no matter how made they are.

just too many uncertainties which also include getting hurt...not to mention in many cases u might get = odds in the actual race itself
boys at tosconova is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2020, 09:01 AM   #23
f2tornado

Looks like you'll get three more shots at the Derby plus one at the Oaks. If you're high on a horse not named Tiz then you'll likely get some value. I have Tiz covered well in previous pools. The one thing I'm missing is a good box with Honor AP. Might add some exposure to Honor AP for this week's pool.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2020, 02:14 PM   #24
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2tornado View Post
Looks like you'll get three more shots at the Derby plus one at the Oaks. If you're high on a horse not named Tiz then you'll likely get some value. I have Tiz covered well in previous pools. The one thing I'm missing is a good box with Honor AP. Might add some exposure to Honor AP for this week's pool.
Thought they were limited to only three pools.
jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-23-2020, 10:35 PM   #25
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
Thought they were limited to only three pools.
There's another pool?
Old 06-24-2020, 01:07 AM   #26
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
There's another pool?
KDFW Pool 5: Friday, June 26 through Sunday, June 28
KDFW Pool 6: Friday, July 17 through Sunday, July 19
KOFW Pool 2: Friday, July 17 through Sunday, July 19
KDFW Pool 7: Friday, Aug. 7 through Sunday, Aug. 9
Old 06-24-2020, 04:37 PM   #27
clicknow

Quote:
KDFW Pool 5: Friday, June 26 through Sunday, June 28
KDFW Pool 6: Friday, July 17 through Sunday, July 19
KOFW Pool 2: Friday, July 17 through Sunday, July 19
KDFW Pool 7: Friday, Aug. 7 through Sunday, Aug. 9
Thanks!
Old 06-24-2020, 05:00 PM   #28
jay68802

I was reading this. I guess I do not understand it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2018_Future_Wager_Rules.pdf (151.3 KB, 2 views)
Old 06-25-2020, 08:46 AM   #29
f2tornado

Quote:
I was reading this. I guess I do not understand it.
It's my understanding CD needed permission to add additional pools to the calendar and it must have been granted.

I like these pools since the All Others in the exacta typically offers a lot of combinations for a fraction of the price on Derby Day. Someone who boxed Tiz the Law with the All Others in Pool 1 or 2 might end up having 80% of possible Derby day combinations covered... assuming he's healthy come the big day. Pool 4 totally saved my arse in 2017 when I had $13 Always Dreaming over the All Others that paid about 90-1. I didn't give Lookin at Lee (in the All Others) any attention on race day. No pool wager, no decent win that year. The All Others probably still offers decent value even this late in the game. There's still substantial points to be had.

Last edited by f2tornado; 06-25-2020 at 08:48 AM.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: