Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 01:08 PM   #151
Tom Barrister
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
This thread has exposed a lot of pathetic people.
Of which I may well be one, for bothering to answer some of the others.

This thread is a good start for "who to add to your ignore list". I have exactly three people on my forum ignore list, and all three have made at least one post in this thread.

Naysayers: since you see ulterior motives, which are supposedly financially based, kindly inform the rest of us exactly where CJ, who isn't taking any more subscribers for his program, isn't selling the output of the program anywhere, isn't writing a book that we're aware of, and isn't bucking for exposure for financial gain in a related enterprise, is going to benefit from giving away (as in for free) the output of his program for two or three tracks to Premier Turf Club subscribers.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:13 PM   #152
The Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
This thread has exposed a lot of pathetic people.
What a bunch of loses post here!

Hint: to a half wit, it looks like a double standard.
Classic post, from an established bozo.

To me, half wit or otherwise, you look like a jackass. Mostly because you are. Here's a guy calling people losers who can't even spell the word. That was a beaut.

Does anyone have anything constructive to say? Or can we drop this? Thanks.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:16 PM   #153
Bubba X
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Barrister
Of which I may well be one, for bothering to answer some of the others.

This thread is a good start for "who to add to your ignore list". I have exactly three people on my forum ignore list, and all three have made at least one post in this thread.

Naysayers: since you see ulterior motives, which are supposedly financially based, kindly inform the rest of us exactly where CJ, who isn't taking any more subscribers for his program, isn't selling the output of the program anywhere, isn't writing a book that we're aware of, and isn't bucking for exposure for financial gain in a related enterprise, is going to benefit from giving away (as in for free) the output of his program for two or three tracks to Premier Turf Club subscribers.
To be honest, I could not care less about anyone's actions or motives when I'm not on the other side of the transaction. What is the point, other, perhaps, than to hone one's psychic powers, of micro-analyzing someone else's motives?
Old 12-15-2008, 02:21 PM   #154
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawk

To me, half wit or otherwise, you look like a jackass.
Actually, I wasn't referring to you...you used the smileys.
But feel free to knock me down....I'll get back up.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg bozo.jpg (14.3 KB, 157 views)
Old 12-15-2008, 03:19 PM   #155
jonnielu
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawk

To me, half wit or otherwise, you look like a jackass. Mostly because you are. Here's a guy calling people losers who can't even spell the word. That was a beaut.

Does anyone have anything constructive to say? Or can we drop this? Thanks.
Is it too late to go back closer to the point, before it became a contest of virtue?

You made a comment about CJ's figures offering 3 contenders and likened it to most other information products by citing that feature.

If the product does give you the 3 contenders with a degree of consistency, do you feel that it should go beyond that to be of some value?

My motive is that I would like to know how you generally evaluate an information product.

jdl

jdl
Old 12-15-2008, 04:27 PM   #156
john del riccio

Even during the holiday season folks can get their knickers in a knot over something good ?

Lighten up fellas. Ian & CJ are not hurting anyone, they are making it easier for folks to enjoy the game, what the hell is the problem ?

John
Old 12-15-2008, 07:27 PM   #157
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by john del riccio
Even during the holiday season folks can get their knickers in a knot over something good ?

Lighten up fellas. Ian & CJ are not hurting anyone, they are making it easier for folks to enjoy the game, what the hell is the problem ?

John
There is no problem, for most of us. Some people just get their feathers ruffled easier than others.

Ian and CJ can take care of themselves, if everyone would just let them do that I think the thread can continue to it's rightful end.

Congrats, Ian, for the "coup"! And congrats to all PTC members for being the recipient of such a "coup"!

Special thanks to CJ for the most unselfish offering, I've been wanting to try out your figs for quite some time now.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
Old 12-15-2008, 08:19 PM   #158
Indulto
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by john del riccio

John
jdr,
You don't owe me an answer, but I'm curious as to whether you found figure-making to be profitable, how large a market share ever existed for the Kuck figures, and how your volume compared with some of your competitors, if you know and are willing to share that information.

I'm the last person to question the value of useful speed figures regardless of their source and the methodology on which they are based. For that reason, I prefer to see good figuremakers rewarded for their efforts in some fashion, and their customers rewarded for their loyalty by not having their tools overly used against them in support of marketing which I agree is necessary.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:33 PM   #159
Pace Cap'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indulto
jdr,
You don't owe me an answer, but I'm curious as to whether you found figure-making to be profitable, how large a market share ever existed for the Kuck figures, and how your volume compared with some of your competitors, if you know and are willing to share that information.

I'm the last person to question the value of useful speed figures regardless of their source and the methodology on which they are based. For that reason, I prefer to see good figuremakers rewarded for their efforts in some fashion, and their customers rewarded for their loyalty by not having their tools overly used against them in support of marketing which I agree is necessary.
You might very well be the only person in all of horseracing-dom whose concern is for the customers of figure-makers. Or is that just a bit disingenuous?
Old 12-15-2008, 08:48 PM   #160
Indulto
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pace Cap'n
You might very well be the only person in all of horseracing-dom whose concern is for the customers of figure-makers. Or is that just a bit disingenuous?
Please explain what aspect of my post you regard to be disingenuous and why you think so.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:01 PM   #161
Pace Cap'n

Quote:
Please explain what aspect of my post you regard to be disingenuous and why you think so.
Thouht you might have taken note of the bolded text in the quote cited in my post...

"their customers rewarded for their loyalty by not having their tools overly used against them in support of marketing"
Old 12-15-2008, 09:16 PM   #162
Indulto
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pace Cap'n
Thouht you might have taken note of the bolded text in the quote cited in my post...

"their customers rewarded for their loyalty by not having their tools overly used against them in support of marketing"
And you might have noticed the request for the reasoning behind your opinion. If you're just doing a drive-by, that's fine. But if you actually have a reasonable question, and honestly want a answer, you'll have to be more forthright.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:36 PM   #163
chickenhead
Lacrimae rerum

I don't think any of Craig's "customers" feel that Craig is beholden to them in any way shape or form. The opposite if anything. I'm just happy that he has shared his figures over the years, and didn't keep them completely to himself.

They are his figures. I don't think the small sum paid each year makes anyone feel any ownership over anything, at least I'd hope not. Maybe that's part of the reason he has never charged more than he did, I don't know. Maybe, it's just because he's a good guy, and just wanted some other people to talk about his figs with.

Either way, all his "customers" have ever done is benefit.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:55 PM   #164
ezrabrooks
Veteran

It amazes me how naive people on this board are. The same people giving advice on everything from running a race track to where owners should place their horses...and they can't figure out why services, like the one being beat to death in this thread, are added to ADW.

Ez
Old 12-15-2008, 10:13 PM   #165
Pace Cap'n

Quote:
And you might have noticed the request for the reasoning behind your opinion. If you're just doing a drive-by, that's fine. But if you actually have a reasonable question, and honestly want a answer, you'll have to be more forthright.
You rationalized your cynicism of someone freely providing a service (figures) by claiming altruism on behalf of those who would buy such figures. My question was rhetorical.
Closed Thread