Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-06-2020, 01:17 PM   #46
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Is the NYT a member here? Do they routinely insult me and my family and the city I live in? RFTR does
Yes, that paper is wrong for bringing those things up when writing about this incident....what am I supposed to do? Write them a letter or email them about it? Would that make you happy?

Look, this guy may have been stealing and he may have charged at the guys with the guns...but the point is WE DONT KNOW exactly what went down, but not RFTR....he's already declared the man to be guilty and that the killing is justified
I never said that POT, in fact I said I will await the criminal investigation. Contrast that with biggestal who already declared them murderers but since him and you and Jerry are having a circle jerk you don't notice this. Talking about a child.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2020, 01:25 PM   #47
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
I never said that POT, in fact I said I will await the criminal investigation. Contrast that with biggestal who already declared them murderers but since him and you and Jerry are having a circle jerk you don't notice this. Talking about a child.
I agree, let it run through the justice system. However, there would need to be some pretty damning evidence released for me to feel that these 2 guys DID NOT commit a murder. I don't care if he actually did commit a robbery that day, those 2 men still committed a murder. The fact of the matter is, they've said they did not see him commit a crime, so they had no business performing any time of "citizens" arrest.

My issue is that you and others (including the dad and the recused DA) are already starting to frame this as "bad man got what was coming" and then commencing with the character assassination. The problem with that, other than it being unfair to the victim, is that it will continue to perpetuate these STUPID ****ING EVENTS.

* to get ahead of the this, I don't condone robbery. I'd care that someone committed a robbery, but not as it relates to getting shot in the street (can't believe I need to make this disclaimer)

Last edited by JerryBoyle; 05-06-2020 at 01:27 PM.
JerryBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2020, 01:31 PM   #48
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
One good thing about the COVID 19 is that the Preakness was canceled and we don't have to have one of your trip reports, only so much you can read about you and your grandpappy sharing a room at the Glen Burnie Motor Inn.
And you're calling me a child ?
Lol
Old 05-06-2020, 01:31 PM   #49
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Is the NYT a member here? Do they routinely insult me and my family and the city I live in? RFTR does
Yes, that paper is wrong for bringing those things up when writing about this incident....what am I supposed to do? Write them a letter or email them about it? Would that make you happy?

Look, this guy may have been stealing and he may have charged at the guys with the guns...but the point is WE DONT KNOW exactly what went down, but not RFTR....he's already declared the man to be guilty and that the killing is justified
Don't chastise me...I didn't insult you or your family.

What you are 'supposed' to do is read and understand an article before you jump on someone for bringing up precisely something that the OP article DID reference.

And finally, right...we don't know what really went down, and the NYT would be my last choice to rely on for the truth, the facts of a matter, any matter. Why not tear the information in the article apart, rather than bust each other's jaws over opinions? Now, THAT would be acting like adults! Do you understand?
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2020, 02:31 PM   #50
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
If someone was chasing me with a truck, and got out with a shotgun in hand. I would be scared shitless, no matter the race, sex or religion of the person carrying said shotgun.

Allan
I feel you but living down here you kind of become immune to people toting guns and people getting shot. We “only” had 1100 plus shootings last year. You’d get used to it and probably wouldn’t even be that scared.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2020, 03:23 PM   #51
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I’ve read about 4-5 articles on this.

The killers need to go to jail.

They had no right to chase the guy.

He was not a fleeing felon

They were not Deputized or in any position to force him to stop.

I hope somebody pulls their head out of their ass and locks them up
Old 05-06-2020, 03:37 PM   #52
davew

Quote:
This is a separate issue than the others.

It’s stands on its own.

A unarmed pedestrian was chased down by an 357 mag armed ex cop and his shotgun armed son. He tried to elude them and the son got out with his shotgun.

Guy was shot three times by the son.

Unsure why you are defending the perps and not the victim but each to his own.

Allan
you forgot about the part where the 'jogger' tried to steal the shotgun, wrestling with the son
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2020, 03:53 PM   #53
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
you forgot about the part where the 'jogger' tried to steal the shotgun, wrestling with the son
The choices were to run and possibly get shot in the back or fight.

Given that choice what would you do?

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2020, 03:56 PM   #54
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
And why jogger in quotation marks.

He was jogging, clearly seen in the video before he was killed.

Allan
Old 05-06-2020, 04:03 PM   #55
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac View Post
I feel you but living down here you kind of become immune to people toting guns and people getting shot. We “only” had 1100 plus shootings last year. You’d get used to it and probably wouldn’t even be that scared.
The only guns on a daily basis I see are in the hands of law enforcement. Hence I would be scared if someone got out of a vehicle that wasn’t law enforcement with a shotgun asking to talk to me.

My Jersey street sense would kick in.

Allan
Old 05-06-2020, 04:45 PM   #56
xtb
Ultra MAGA "Gun Bitch"

Quote:
The choices were to run and possibly get shot in the back or fight.

Given that choice what would you do?

Allan
Probably the last thing I would do is try to wrestle a shotgun away from someone who had an armed partner.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2020, 04:51 PM   #57
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
Probably the last thing I would do is try to wrestle a shotgun away from someone who had an armed partner.
So we will put you in the continue to run column and possibly get shot in the back.

Allan
Old 05-06-2020, 05:56 PM   #58
xtb
Ultra MAGA "Gun Bitch"

Quote:
So we will put you in the continue to run column and possibly get shot in the back.

Allan
We saw how well wrestling worked out for the guy.

Last edited by xtb; 05-06-2020 at 05:57 PM.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2020, 07:50 PM   #59
MONEY

Quote:

Allan
I wrote about this before.

On two occasions when I was a teenager, I was beaten by cops. One time it was by plain clothed cops.
My offense was "Running While Black". I am alive today because I didn't fight back.

What I did was protect my head, made myself as small as possible and when the beatings were over,
I went home cleaned myself up and went about my business.

Another time while sitting in the passenger seat of my car, I had a cop repeated poke my head with the
business end of a gun and demand that I open my glove compartment.
I refused to open the glove compartment and kept both of my hands on the dashboard until the cop was happy
with himself and left. I know that if I would have tried to open my glove compartment he would have killed me.

The moral is sometimes doing nothing is the right thing to do.

I haven't seen the video, I don't want to see the video.

God knows that I have seen more than my share of violence in person.

Just Ralph saw the video and he says that the shooters should go to prison.
In this case I'll trust Just Ralph's judgement.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:30 PM   #60
horses4courses

[quote=tucker6;2598421]
Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
Surprised you even came in to read it.[/QUOTE

Why?
Like you said to Big Al, you missed plenty of similar threads.
Truth is, there really weren't very many. To white conservatives,
it just seems that way. It's not a topic you like dealing with.

Especially one like this.
2 good old boys with connections to local law enforcement.

Same song and dance, different day.
May the victim rest in peace.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: