Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-06-2020, 12:02 PM   #31
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsmac View Post
Without knowing all of the facts it sounds like an unfortunate situation. What I dislike about media coverage over the last 10 or 20 years, is that every time someone black is killed by someone white, race is always mentioned. I’ve lived most of my life in or near Baltimore and white people get killed at a disproportionate rate by blacks than the other way around and the race of the people involved is rarely mentioned when the killer is black and the victim is white. It’s not difficult to piece it together when the names of the people involved are given. The media makes it seem like blacks are terrified of whites. They haven’t been to Baltimore.
If someone was chasing me with a truck, and got out with a shotgun in hand. I would be scared shitless, no matter the race, sex or religion of the person carrying said shotgun.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2020, 12:19 PM   #32
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunForTheRoses View Post
Just for the record I did not say he was a thief above, reposted a comment from elsewhere.

Regarding Trayvon, wasn't Zimmerman, a security guard? maybe he couldn't call the cops when his head was being smashed into the curb?
RFTR....you are getting OWNED by Jerry in this thread, and badly so.
Give it up and save what's left of your dignity.
This is a rout
Old 05-06-2020, 12:24 PM   #33
summersquall

Odd how the video shows the moments of disengagement when the individual holding the firearm begins stepping backwards and thereby allows the recipient of between one and three gun blasts to the abdomen at point blank range to move past him, the doomed man seemingly intent on resuming his fleeing ways.

~ Lily Tomlin
summersquall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2020, 12:24 PM   #34
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
RFTR....you are getting OWNED by Jerry in this thread, and badly so.
Give it up and save what's left of your dignity.
This is a rout
One good thing about the COVID 19 is that the Preakness was canceled and we don't have to have one of your trip reports, only so much you can read about you and your grandpappy sharing a room at the Glen Burnie Motor Inn.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2020, 12:29 PM   #35
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryBoyle View Post
You said earlier, "He had robbed something and was running away".

No, Zimmerman was the head of a community started neighborhood watch program. And he was on the phone with the cops. Who told him to stay put. He went anyway. And someone died.

Say it with me, armed (and unarmed) citizens shouldn't be effecting stops of people SUSPECTED (suspected by the citizen) of maybe committing crimes.
Your right I did say that, I did read someone else post that elsewhere, we'll see what the facts are when they come out.

I see you are a statistics guy, does the 1000lb elephant in the room, extremely disproportionate black on white and black in general crime statistics play a factor here and in the Zimmerman and Trayvon cases?

Please see FBI crime statistics or The Color of Crime by Jared Taylor.
Old 05-06-2020, 12:37 PM   #36
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
One good thing about the COVID 19 is that the Preakness was canceled and we don't have to have one of your trip reports, only so much you can read about you and your grandpappy sharing a room at the Glen Burnie Motor Inn.
You know you've lost when you resort to personal attacks and start bringing up separate incidents (like Trayvon)....if you had ANY SUBSTANCE WHATSOEVER to back up your argument you would be using it.

You keep practicing and praying and eating your Wheaties. Maybe one day you can outgrow your Underoos, put on your big boy pants and sit at the adult table on Thanksgiving.
Old 05-06-2020, 12:41 PM   #37
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
You know you've lost when you resort to personal attacks and start bringing up separate incidents (like Trayvon)....if you had ANY SUBSTANCE WHATSOEVER to back up your argument you would be using it.

You keep practicing and praying and eating your Wheaties. Maybe one day you can outgrow your Underoos, put on your big boy pants and sit at the adult table on Thanksgiving.
Says the weirdo stalker.
Old 05-06-2020, 12:49 PM   #38
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Says the weirdo stalker.
When is the last time I addressed you personally in any thread?
Stalker my ass....
You got schooled, and like the child you are, you are responding with insults and trying to change the topic.

Jerry caught you contradicting yourself and refuted all your crap, so you brought up Trayvon and Ferguson, MO and crime stats....none of which have anything to do with the topic at hand.
Keep trying though....
Old 05-06-2020, 12:51 PM   #39
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
Chased and shot down like a dog.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/26/u...g-georgia.html

By an ex-police officer and his son in Georgia.

357 mag and a shotgun against an unarmed black guy.

Ex-Police officer claiming he was within his rights to shoot down victim.

Two prosecutors recused themselves but not before One pronounced innocence of said police officer.

New Prosecutor will present evidence to a grand jury, it was announced today.

We shall what happens.

Allan
What, are things too quiet with most everyone having to stay indoors? I guess a newspaper has to survive, so why not stir things up a bit with yet another race-baiting article. Obama would be thrilled that his legacy, as promulgated by his old-reliable right arm...the NYT, has found its legs again.

Quote:
Mr. Arbery was killed three days before the anniversary of the 2012 killing of Trayvon Martin, the unarmed African-American teenager whose confrontation with a Florida neighborhood watch captain, George Zimmerman, helped ignite the Black Lives Matter movement.
Quote:
According to documents obtained by The New York Times,...
Quote:
In and around Brunswick, activists and allies of Mr. Arbery’s family are doing what they can to organize online. They have started a Facebook page and have coordinated a pressure campaign, emailing law enforcement officials and the local newspaper. There are hashtags, #IRunWithMaud and #JusticeForAhmaud, and T-shirts have been printed.
Quote:
Ms. Cooper, Mr. Arbery’s mother, said she believed the men had judged her son by his skin color. And she does not believe he committed any crimes that day.
Just read some of the comments to this NYT article, e.g...."The McMichaels must be prosecuted for intentional homicide lest we give legal cover for racist vigilantism [my emphasis]."

Take cover...here we go, again!
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2020, 12:55 PM   #40
MargieRose

Quote:
When is the last time I addressed you personally in any thread?
Stalker my ass....
You got schooled, and like the child you are, you are responding with insults and trying to change the topic.

Jerry caught you contradicting yourself and refuted all your crap, so you brought up Trayvon and Ferguson, MO and crime stats....none of which have anything to do with the topic at hand.
Keep trying though....
Tell THAT to the New York Times...all of which is referenced in THEIR article, race baiters that they are!
Old 05-06-2020, 01:01 PM   #41
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:
Your right I did say that, I did read someone else post that elsewhere, we'll see what the facts are when they come out.

I see you are a statistics guy, does the 1000lb elephant in the room, extremely disproportionate black on white and black in general crime statistics play a factor here and in the Zimmerman and Trayvon cases?

I wouldn't call myself a stats guy, but I would think to control for other factors when conducting a study of crime statistics. Such as poverty level.

And oof, I haven't read the book, but given that it's written by a white separatist who likely has an agenda, it's probably not worth the read.
JerryBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2020, 01:03 PM   #42
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Tell THAT to the New York Times...all of which is referenced in THEIR article, race baiters that they are!
Is the NYT a member here? Do they routinely insult me and my family and the city I live in? RFTR does
Yes, that paper is wrong for bringing those things up when writing about this incident....what am I supposed to do? Write them a letter or email them about it? Would that make you happy?

Look, this guy may have been stealing and he may have charged at the guys with the guns...but the point is WE DONT KNOW exactly what went down, but not RFTR....he's already declared the man to be guilty and that the killing is justified
Old 05-06-2020, 01:03 PM   #43
biggestal99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
What, are things too quiet with most everyone having to stay indoors? I guess a newspaper has to survive, so why not stir things up a bit with yet another race-baiting article. Obama would be thrilled that his legacy, as promulgated by his old-reliable right arm...the NYT, has found its legs again.

Just read some of the comments to this NYT article, e.g...."The McMichaels must be prosecuted for intentional homicide lest we give legal cover for racist vigilantism [my emphasis]."

Take cover...here we go, again!
This is a separate issue than the others.

It’s stands on its own.

A unarmed pedestrian was chased down by an 357 mag armed ex cop and his shotgun armed son. He tried to elude them and the son got out with his shotgun.

Guy was shot three times by the son.

Unsure why you are defending the perps and not the victim but each to his own.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-06-2020, 01:13 PM   #44
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
This is a separate issue than the others.

It’s stands on its own.

A unarmed pedestrian was chased down by an 357 mag armed ex cop and his shotgun armed son. He tried to elude them and the son got out with his shotgun.

Guy was shot three times by the son.

Unsure why you are defending the perps and not the victim but each to his own.

Allan
I'm not defending either. I'm calling out the NYT for emphasizing the black and white of the issue. Why should either race be mentioned, if their intentions were just pure reporting? Don't you see it?
Old 05-06-2020, 01:16 PM   #45
JerryBoyle
Veteran

Quote:

Had to come back to this. What is the point of this statement? This "elephant" is not in the room and has nothing to do with the room. Two guys suspected someone may or may not be the person committing neighborhood B&Es. They tried to stop him while armed. The guy tried to run. They got in his way. At some point he fought back and was shot 3 times. How does your elephant enter this room?

You've sort of tipped your hat with regards to why you're saying the things you are, and why you've taken the stance you have. I guess based on your interpretation of the statistics, this is warranted as "retribution" for all those times the blacks have terrorized the whites?

Or maybe, because you know that blacks terrorize whites, the black guy had to be up to no good, virtuous white guys stopped him (with authority) peacefully, because he was black he was clearly the aggressor (as well as obviously guilty of the B&Es), and because he was violently fighting back, the whites had no choice but to defend themselves.
JerryBoyle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: