Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 03-20-2015, 02:59 AM   #1
salty
undefined

I Just Kept Winning

dislclaimer: I have proof that this really happened. I just want to share the story because it is simply AMAZING.

I just kept on winning and winning and winning late this afternoon. It started with losing every bet i made for an hour or so. They weren't big bets but they put me down about $100. Then it all turned around starting with race number 4 at Santa Anita. The 1 looked good to me and it felt like a good time to take a stab at the super. So i wheeled it in all 4 spots with a 1x3x5x5 type format. The 1 ends up winning the race of course and it pays $48 for the dime. Then the 10th at Gulfstream comes up and My favorite board hitting jockey Rajiv Maragh is on a first time Clement horse on the grass so figure, hmm well might as well try the super again. Bet Rajiv in all 4 spots with the same 1x3x5x5 format. He luckily gets 4th by a neck and the dime pays $152. Right after that the 8th at Oaklawn is about to go off and the 3 looks good to me and since i'm on the super kick I just bet a 50 cent 1x2x4x4 super. Easy winner pays only like $15 bucks, not really important except for the streak which is now at 3 in a row.

Right after that I bring up the 5th at Santa Anita. The 4 looks best to me so I wheel it only in 1st 2nd and 3rd with a 1x5x5x5 format. Amazingly enough I win again with the 4 on top and this one pays $65. Immediately after that pull up race number 8 at the Fairgrounds and in a matter of minutes I decide to change up my stratagy this time i liked a bunch of horses and not really too souped on the even money fave. So i bet a 3x5x6x6 super and since I am on the luckiest streak ever the fave loses the photo for 4th and the 7 horse race pays me a nice $185. At this point I am at 5 races in a row, 5 supers in a row, i'm totally mind blown on what is happening. I am sitting in my chair saying NO way.... NOO WAY... what is going on?.... No way....

The 9th at Oaklawn comes up next. Again I am split between a few horses and what the heck this guy is on a roll so i try another 3x5x6x6. I win again this time about $60. Then right after that the 6th at Santa Anita comes up and I settle on keying around the 8 placed in 1st and 2nd with a 1x4x6x6 format. I watch the whole race shaking, hands sweating, amazingly I WIN AGAIN. This one pays about $50. I had to keep going right 7 races in a row, 7 supers in a row.... i was in shock. So put in my bet for the 9th at the fairgrounds, its on the turf. I like the 5 for i have no idea what reason. i key it in 1st and 2nd in a 1x3x6x8 format. Before the horses leave the paddock it starts raining pretty good. Yeah that is right it rained on my parade. The 5 doesn't make it in there the 3 horses that were picked in the 2nd spot come in 1-2-3. Oh well it was a fun ride while it lasted.

In 1 hour I hit 7 supers in a row at 4 different tracks while handicapping on the fly. I felt like Jay Trotter, it was crazy, mind blowing, exciting....amazing.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:19 AM   #2
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

That's pretty awesome, Salty. Congrats. Hitting 7 supers in a row is mind boggling, at least to me, considering the relatively small tickets you were playing.

I've had a few times when I've been cold, and then I'll reel in winners at three different tracks in 10 minutes in a complete reversal of fortune. And that's always a rush.

But for that to go on over the course of 7 races in an hour, that's pretty wild.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:29 AM   #3
HUSKER55

MAKES THE OL HEART GO THUMP DOESN'T IT

GOOD TOSEE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY

No Balls.......No baby!

Have you ever noticed that those who do not have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of always seem to know how to handle the money of those who do.
HUSKER55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2015, 03:41 AM   #4
LottaKash

Salty, everyone that is worth his salt at horse racing (pun intended), will have a unique story to tell, and now you have yours....

Yikes!...What are the odds ?....

Good for you and your "lucky day" !!!...
Old 03-20-2015, 05:50 AM   #5
turninforhome10

Blessed are those with the persistence to achieve the dream [YT=""]43NA22EXrIY[/YT]
Congrats Salty
turninforhome10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2015, 06:32 AM   #6
Stillriledup
Veteran

Great day Salty, congrats!!

[YT="All Salty does is win, win, win."]GGXzlRoNtHU[/YT]
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2015, 07:42 AM   #7
NY BRED
GARY

winning

[Congrats Salty[/QUOTE]

Just let it RIDE

Cool....

NY BRED is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2015, 07:49 AM   #8
sammy the sage

great story...when much younger...got on a roll like that...even bet the WRONG race and still won.... ... good times...and bad...

alas...after a little wisdom gained and a lighter wallet...bet much MUCH fewer races...very difficult to get on a roll...which in the long run...is actually better...
Old 03-20-2015, 08:34 AM   #9
098poi

Great story thanks for sharing.
098poi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2015, 09:01 AM   #10
Dave Schwartz

Salty,

Nice to hear a success story.

Congrats!

Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2015, 09:03 AM   #11
Jingle

WOW! Great story and Congrats. Keep it up while the streak lasts. Love to hear stories like these--problem is there aren't enough of them.
Jingle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2015, 10:37 AM   #12
ultracapper

I can just see you sitting in your chair after the 5th in a row, with a big stupid grin and "no way, no way" going over and over in your head. It's just dumbfounding when that happens, and you got to share it.

Sounds like you had fun.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2015, 10:52 AM   #13
riskman

Something like this is rare indeed. Had a few of these in the past and is enjoyable to read that lady luck touched you and you shared it with the forum.
The best to you.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:04 AM   #14
MutuelClerk

Great job Salty. Hope you played the lottery on the way home.
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2015, 11:46 AM   #15
salty
undefined

Thank you everyone, i'm glad you enjoyed the story. I didn't play the lottery but i did go to my weekly poker game, which is why I didn't post the story until so late at night. And yes believe it or not I continued to keep on winning and ended up being the big winner for the night. To be fair to everyone playing I explained to them at the start of the game what had happened and that they should just fold whenever i bet because it was my night. However they never listen to my warnings.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: