Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 03-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #46
otis0930

That seemed to work NJCurveball. Here is what I received after I registered

THANK YOU!

You have successfully registered for this promotion. Remember, you must wager at least $25 on four separate prep races to qualify for the bonus. Bonus will be credited into your account by no later than May 3rd.

You only need to register once. Thank you!
otis0930 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #47
wonatthewire1

Lot a snail mail from TVG today - main thing, besides the sales pitch and the glossy insert is that the account wagering card is no longer valid at the track. You have to make deposits with a teller.

Also you'll need their deposit slips but they have to be ordered. Nothing about wire transfers yet, but I haven't dug around all of the website yet
wonatthewire1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #48
affirmedny

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonatthewire1
Lot a snail mail from TVG today - main thing, besides the sales pitch and the glossy insert is that the account wagering card is no longer valid at the track. You have to make deposits with a teller.

Also you'll need their deposit slips but they have to be ordered. Nothing about wire transfers yet, but I haven't dug around all of the website yet

Can you bet through your account at the track??
affirmedny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #49
john del riccio

I chimed in a week ago to see from the real players what the state of the game was after being out of touch for a while....Oh my God what have they done to the greatest game in the history of the world ...

There is a bit of resentment building inside of me already and I have only been getting my feet wet....

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawk
I refuse to pay to bet. I'll spend the next three months trying to establish an out-of-state account, or set up an account with a friend outside of NJ. If that fails I will not be playing from home anymore, which means a big handle reduction, and I don't even think I'll miss it, with all that's going on in the game. This is the proverbial last straw.
john del riccio is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #50
wonatthewire1

Quote:
Originally Posted by affirmedny
Didn't sound like it - right now, the wagering cards are not valid. There is a note at the bottom stating that they might come back in the future
wonatthewire1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #51
Bennie

NJBet cards are no longer valid. I went to Favorites Sunday and tried to get a voucher from my account but the card was not accepted. There was a woman sitting at table when you first walked in with information about TVG. I asked her about the card not working and she said "there are no more cards If you want to get a voucher from your account you have to fill out a withdrawal slip, show 2 forms of ID that verify you are the account holder and she will get cash for you, then you have to go to a teller to get a voucher" You can only wager online with TVG. I told her screw that and went back home and played on the computer. same goes for deposits. You have to fill out a slip, show 2 forms of ID and give her the cash. All transactions are "cash only"
TVG is not affiliated with the Meadowlands, Monmouth or Freehold. They are an "online" wagering facility only. And as far as "rewards" you are better off with the % that The Big M club gives you.
Bennie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2013, 10:41 PM   #52
The Hawk

The latest I heard is that NJ residents will "never" be charged a fee, even after June 1st. The June 1st deadline applies only to players that are not from NJ, and those players from out of state WILL incur charges if they don't meet the requirements.

Also, it has nothing to do with being grandfathered in, any NJ resident will get the same "courtesy". That includes no video fees and wagering fees. That's what I heard from someone who wrote to their support email address, so there's a bit of good news, anyway.
The Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2013, 01:53 AM   #53
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hawk
The latest I heard is that NJ residents will "never" be charged a fee, even after June 1st. The June 1st deadline applies only to players that are not from NJ, and those players from out of state WILL incur charges if they don't meet the requirements.

Also, it has nothing to do with being grandfathered in, any NJ resident will get the same "courtesy". That includes no video fees and wagering fees. That's what I heard from someone who wrote to their support email address, so there's a bit of good news, anyway.
That's quite a bit of great news! Thanks for the update, Hawk.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #54
Tic-Tac

Now that im used to it i love it
Tic-Tac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #55
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by affirmedny
Seems like the only way would be thru a smartphone or tablet for now, which sucks. I loved the seamless way you could work with the card. I hope they figure out a way to connect the account to something you can use on track.
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-07-2013, 10:15 AM   #56
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhattab
Seems like the only way would be thru a smartphone or tablet for now, which sucks. I loved the seamless way you could work with the card. I hope they figure out a way to connect the account to something you can use on track.
I just got an iPhone and TVG works well with that. It is like having your own SAM Machine without the hassle.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply