Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #91
brdman12

t I loved it...
brdman12 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2012, 10:22 PM   #92
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby
Me too!!

Except: Get dogs on couch to keep me warm: check
Okay stay on the couch,just give me half a cushion
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2012, 11:10 PM   #93
rrpic6

Not bad, but a few glaring mistakes. The TV monitor first shows the will pay on #2 as about 355K. As the race goes off, the #8 longshot paying 2.68million starts to pass the #11 and #12 horses. The monitor shows only nine horses in the last leg. When the #8 breaks down, the monitor now shows #2 paying the same as the #8. The #2 wins, as #10 comes in 2nd.

I did enjoy the shout out to Youngstown as the degenerates are walking out the track. "I'm going to send my aunt in Youngstown a thousand".

RR
rrpic6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #94
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Who do we talk to in order to work a screenshot of PaceAdvantage.com into an episode or two?
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2012, 11:24 PM   #95
rrpic6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Who do we talk to in order to work a screenshot of PaceAdvantage.com into an episode or two?
You never know who might be trolling around on here! These episodes are re-written hundreds of times before they are actually shot.

RR
rrpic6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2012, 11:33 PM   #96
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I can just see it now...rumors started on an internet horse racing board...

And come on...I have a Milch connection...after all, I always used to say that I use the "NYPD Blue" standard when it came to what was and what wasn't allowed in terms of language around here...
Old 01-29-2012, 11:54 PM   #97
thespaah

Quote:
I can just see it now...rumors started on an internet horse racing board...

And come on...I have a Milch connection...after all, I always used to say that I use the "NYPD Blue" standard when it came to what was and what wasn't allowed in terms of language around here...
"No bullshit?"
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2012, 12:18 AM   #98
maddog42

Quote:
A screenshot might be tough. Get some hats or T-shirts made up and flood the set with them. You never know where they might end up.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:21 AM   #99
maddog42

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrpic6
Not bad, but a few glaring mistakes. The TV monitor first shows the will pay on #2 as about 355K. As the race goes off, the #8 longshot paying 2.68million starts to pass the #11 and #12 horses. The monitor shows only nine horses in the last leg. When the #8 breaks down, the monitor now shows #2 paying the same as the #8. The #2 wins, as #10 comes in 2nd.

I did enjoy the shout out to Youngstown as the degenerates are walking out the track. "I'm going to send my aunt in Youngstown a thousand".

RR
The mistake is definitely there. I wouldn't call it glaring. I never noticed it till you pointed it out. I just watched the second episode, it is pretty damn good. Lotsa skin in this one, and a lot of Mob stuff.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:33 AM   #100
Dave Schwartz

The second episode is available?

Where?
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2012, 12:35 AM   #101
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrpic6
RR
Yeah that was a really sloppy scene and stood out like a sore thumb. And one of the pk6 players says aloud its paying $48k to the favorite and they show it on the board. The next time you see the board, nothing is paying that low. Why wouldn't they correct that scene before airing? Do they think nobody plays the races? Also when the 8 started moving between horses,it looked like they were definitely in the stretch. After the 8 breaks down its like someone rewinds the tape and and the stretch scene happens again except now the grain of the scene looks dated. Not believable.My kid can edit video better than that.

Overall I found the lives of 4 losers hitting the pick 6 kind of boring. Nick Nolte just grumbles to himself and Dustin Hoffman tries to look cool. More bore. Scenes from the 2nd episode look promising. I give it a 5 out of 10 for Episode 1.

Last edited by Light; 01-30-2012 at 12:38 AM.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-30-2012, 12:37 AM   #102
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog42
A screenshot might be tough. Get some hats or T-shirts made up and flood the set with them. You never know where they might end up.
Nah...you could have one of the characters sitting at their computer one morning, surfing the board and stumbling across some startling rumor being posted...or something to that effect...

They'd probably use the TVG board though, as they were already mentioned in the pilot episode if I'm not mistaken...

I guess I should have been nicer to andymays...he probably has the right connections out there...
Old 01-30-2012, 12:57 AM   #103
maddog42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz
The second episode is available?

Where?
The second episode is available on HBOGO.com. It started being available tonight immediately after the first episode was shown, actually my brother watched it during the first episode.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:10 AM   #104
maddog42

Quote:
Nah...you could have one of the characters sitting at their computer one morning, surfing the board and stumbling across some startling rumor being posted...or something to that effect...

They'd probably use the TVG board though, as they were already mentioned in the pilot episode if I'm not mistaken...

I guess I should have been nicer to andymays...he probably has the right connections out there...
If you could have a logo with a large breasted woman riding a horse.....
Old 01-30-2012, 05:34 AM   #105
judd

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga guy
She was hanging with the other woman watching the P6 finale-race and rooting for the apprentice.
if she was nude everybody would be watching
judd is offline   Reply With Quote Reply