Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-13-2017, 01:41 PM   #1
Actor
Librocubicularist

8 yo lynched

https://www.dailydot.com/irl/biracial-boy-lynched/
Old 09-13-2017, 01:58 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

That's terrible. Hope we get a full investigation and those responsible for any wrongdoing are punished to the full extent of the law.

BTW, what prompted you to post this?
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2017, 03:27 PM   #3
tucker6

There's a lot to that story that seems odd, like the mother's retort on whether it was an accident or not being tied to leaving him there. Umm, I would tie it to a rope around his neck. Hardly the type of thing that gets misplaced around someone's neck on accident. I think a lot is missing from what actually happened, and if indeed they assaulted the boy, they should suffer all the consequences of their actions.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2017, 08:25 PM   #4
chadk66

I'm biting my lip because it involves a child
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2017, 09:34 PM   #5
ElKabong

Just horrible. Prayers out.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2017, 07:17 AM   #6
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
That's terrible. Hope we get a full investigation and those responsible for any wrongdoing are punished to the full extent of the law.
Of course we all agree on your position, but there is something else here.

Lynching?

If you are familiar with the word, you all should have been numbed by the headline because it literally means that an 8yo was hanged until dead.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lynch

Definition of lynch

transitive verb
:to put to death (as by hanging) by mob action without legal approval or permission The accused killer was lynched by an angry mob.

I submit that this Daily Dot is more interested in starting unrest and possible riots than prosecuting the scum who hurt this child. The bit about hanging from a tree is a lie according to the New York Times story.

At least The New York Times reported it accurately -- calling it a wounding. (a refreshing change from that notorious outfit).

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/13/u...e.html?mcubz=0

It appears the perps are known as it was done at a public picnic. But, of course, instead of focussing on the crime, rags like the Dirty Dot will be focussing on blaming America for the acts of the few.

If the story was accurate in The Times, this was a terrorist act and the individuals should be punished accordingly.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2017, 07:49 AM   #7
Inner Dirt

The media and liberals are sure big about fanning the flames of racism these days. I think they really want the civil rights turmoil of the 60's to come back. I don't see anything implying racism had anything to do with that boy's injuries.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2017, 12:38 PM   #8
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post
Of course we all agree on your position, but there is something else here.

Lynching?

If you are familiar with the word, you all should have been numbed by the headline because it literally means that an 8yo was hanged until dead.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lynch

Definition of lynch

transitive verb
:to put to death (as by hanging) by mob action without legal approval or permission The accused killer was lynched by an angry mob.

I submit that this Daily Dot is more interested in starting unrest and possible riots than prosecuting the scum who hurt this child. The bit about hanging from a tree is a lie according to the New York Times story.

At least The New York Times reported it accurately -- calling it a wounding. (a refreshing change from that notorious outfit).

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/13/u...e.html?mcubz=0

It appears the perps are known as it was done at a public picnic. But, of course, instead of focussing on the crime, rags like the Dirty Dot will be focussing on blaming America for the acts of the few.

If the story was accurate in The Times, this was a terrorist act and the individuals should be punished accordingly.
I'm not sure the true meaning is that important. The fact that the victim was hung probably isn't either. Public lynchings in the deep south were common many decades ago. When "lynching" was spoke of, people broadly assumed it was the planned gathering of a group of whites to assault a black person. I'm sure a lynching could refer to a variety of different assaults by whatever definition people choose to use, perhaps depending on where they live. Generally speaking, I believe the term most often however refers to what I described above.
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2017, 12:56 PM   #9
MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess Hawsen Arown View Post
Lynching?
It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is. ~ Kiss it Bill Clinton
Old 09-15-2017, 03:39 PM   #10
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
BTW, what prompted you to post this?
Other sites are calling it "The Trump Effect." I thought the Trumpophiles here needed to see it.
Old 09-15-2017, 05:48 PM   #11
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Other sites are calling it "The Trump Effect." I thought the Trumpophiles here needed to see it.
You are one sick puppy Actor, one very sick dog.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-15-2017, 05:54 PM   #12
MONEY

Quote:
You're forgetting that Clinton won New Hampshire.

Here's a list of other top politicians,
Governor: Chris Sununu (R)
Attorney general: Joseph Foster (D)
Senators: Maggie Hassan (D), Jeanne Shaheen (D)
Representatives: Carol Shea-Porter (D), Ann McLane Kuster (D),
Only one republican among them.

Your perps are more likely than not to belong to democrat families.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:44 AM   #13
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
The media and liberals are sure big about fanning the flames of racism these days. I think they really want the civil rights turmoil of the 60's to come back. I don't see anything implying racism had anything to do with that boy's injuries.
Sounds like teen bully behavior.

I often wonder how parents raise kids who are bullies. It has to be learned from and acceptable by the parents. There's nothing that would make me more ashamed of my child and my job as a parent than if my child was mean and a bully.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-16-2017, 09:42 AM   #14
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan View Post
Sounds like teen bully behavior.

I often wonder how parents raise kids who are bullies. It has to be learned from and acceptable by the parents. There's nothing that would make me more ashamed of my child and my job as a parent than if my child was mean and a bully.
I would be curious how much fault the parents have. 30 years ago girlfriend at the time had an 8 year old son who was picked on constantly. He seemed to be a normal kid except he was afraid to defend himself no matter how small the investigator and seemed to be brought to tears easily. This of course lead everyone to pick on him.

I used to dabble in amateur boxing, and was still doing the workouts and had a mini boxing gym in the garage. I decided to teach Mike how to box and some wrestling moves. In spite of his new found skills he refused to assert himself and was still getting bullied until,...................

Long story short, sometimes my nose would bleed easily, sometimes without being touched. Anyway while I fought on my knees only blocking, and moving I would let Mike land a few. He got me in the nose and out came blood. All of a sudden seeing he bloodied someone of my size his confidence and ego swelled. He reminded me daily of the bloody nose he gave me.

Long story short even though I told him you fight as a last resort and only in self defense, the kid was now a bully. Worse yet when a kid he picked on said he would tell his dad, Mike said I would come and beat his dad up.

Nothing I could do would stop Mike's bullying of other kids, revenge I guess. Not till a year or so after his mother and I went our separate ways did he return to normal. I kept tabs on him through my ex-girlfriend's brother.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-16-2017, 10:41 AM   #15
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Sick, man. Seek help.
You NEED it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: