Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 03-04-2016, 12:47 AM   #16
RXB

[QUOTE=ultracapper]So I'm looking at a horse right now that went 21.3 44.4 and it has the "Very Slow" designation.
/QUOTE]

What horse in what race?
RXB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2016, 12:51 AM   #17
ultracapper

[QUOTE=RXB]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper
So I'm looking at a horse right now that went 21.3 44.4 and it has the "Very Slow" designation.
/QUOTE]

What horse in what race?

Saturday 3/5 Santa Anita

Best Two Minutes
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2016, 02:01 AM   #18
Racey
Mamma Kimbo

turf

are these new symbols for turf and dirt
Old 03-04-2016, 03:26 AM   #19
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper
So I'm looking at a horse right now that went 21.3 44.4 and it has the "Very Slow" designation.

I'm not sure I'm getting this entirely. I'll have to look at replays of those races that have designations to see what they mean visually.

I don't think this is going to make the "lazy" any more dangerous to EMD4Me's bankroll.
It's obvious, from those opening splits---you aren't looking at PP's from Aqueduct.
I see it now..SA.

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 03-04-2016 at 03:28 AM.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2016, 09:17 AM   #20
classhandicapper

I don't want to turn my comments into an unpaid advertisement because I work at DRF and have been using the product privately for many months. I'm sure DRF will be holding webinars with Kenny Peck explaining the product and how best to use it in the near future.

If you are a DRF customer and dying to know some details, you can contact me privately and I'll explain what it is, how it works, and what my experience suggests is the best way to use it.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 03-04-2016 at 09:32 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2016, 09:48 AM   #21
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
I don't want to turn my comments into an unpaid advertisement because I work at DRF and have been using the product privately for many months. I'm sure DRF will be holding webinars with Kenny Peck explaining the product and how best to use it in the near future.

If you are a DRF customer and dying to know some details, you can contact me privately and I'll explain what it is, how it works, and what my experience suggests is the best way to use it.
Is a person considered a DRF customer if they now get their forms from TVG? Some how the DRF site does not mesh well with the signal latency or whatever of my crappy satellite internet buying forms there is painful. I would just be curious what factors they are using to arrive
at the designation. I make my own pace figures, so I would just be curious.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2016, 11:31 AM   #22
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper

Does the DRF make these pace determinations WITHOUT taking the fractions into account? Are these really CONTESTED paces instead of "hot" paces?
Old 03-04-2016, 11:42 AM   #23
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

For those of us who do not have our own pace figs...

....I guess there would be some fast deductions to use...you know "If-Then senarios to highlight in the form....

If a raceline shows a super-hot symbol, then here's what to look for....

If a raceline shows a hot symbol then here's what to look for....

If a raceline show a slow symbol then here's what to look for....

If a raceline show a super-slow symbol then here's what to look for...

I'll need to start thinking along those lines now until I can get into this pace way of organizing my thoughts...maybe i'll begin to understand pace alittle better if I focus on these symbols and see if they make a difference in my profitability..

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 03-04-2016 at 11:43 AM.
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2016, 12:08 PM   #24
bello
Veteran

Waste of toner, but not as wasteful as the moronic ads on top of the start of a new PP. Toner is expensive guys, have a heart.

Regarding the dopey S H $ and whatever else I started noticing, it is ridiculous. Those of us who are regular players hopefully take these things into account already and do not need a symbol. Anyone new won't have a clue anyways and will likely misconstrue how to use it or be frightened away from symbols they don't understand.

Not to mention the likelihood of yet another price increase for valueless crap that someone at DRF thinks is some kind of value add we desperately need.

Don't get any more ideas on a price increase guys...next one I am history!
bello is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2016, 01:51 PM   #25
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

at $10 a pop for a form less and less bettors can afford them...makes me wonder if fans will stop going to the races because price of form too high and they know you don't stand a rat's chance on hawk hill without one...Hong Kong has boatloads of info free....wonder how long DRF has before dinosaur time?
Old 03-04-2016, 01:56 PM   #26
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey
at $10 a pop for a form less and less bettors can afford them...makes me wonder if fans will stop going to the races because price of form too high and they know you don't stand a rat's chance on hawk hill without one...Hong Kong has boatloads of info free....wonder how long DRF has before dinosaur time?
How do most people in Hong Kong get their PPs? Printed or electronic?
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2016, 01:57 PM   #27
the little guy

Seems like a change caused by TimeformUS to me.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2016, 02:15 PM   #28
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
How do most people in Hong Kong get their PPs? Printed or electronic?
Not sure about the printed but the digital is: http://racing.hkjc.com/racing/conten...tarter_all.pdf
Old 03-04-2016, 02:56 PM   #29
Delta Cone

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
Seems like a change caused by TimeformUS to me.
Agree 100%. In fact, I was already going into Formulator and doing extensive data entry of TimeformUS data that I found helpful, centered on race shapes, pace figs vs final figs, etc.

I can't shake my habit of the "look and feel" of DRF pps, but also want to incorporate some better info into them, without having to spend hours on each card transcribing notes by hand in the margins.
Delta Cone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2016, 03:31 PM   #30
deelo

I'm not seeing these on Formulator...must not be implemented yet. You can get Moss pace figures which I have yet to read up on though.