Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 03-03-2016, 03:58 PM   #1
biggestal99

New DRF pace indicators

Super Fast pace
Fast pace
Slow Pace
Super Slow Pace

not sure yet how I feel these yet.

What does everyone else think.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2016, 05:59 PM   #2
Inner Dirt

I think you may have answered a question I posted. Is that the S,H with or without the black ovals?
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2016, 06:00 PM   #3
Delta Cone

Here is the official explanation from DRF:

http://www.drf.com/news/pace-ace-add...t-performances
Delta Cone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2016, 06:36 PM   #4
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Cone
Here is the official explanation from DRF:

http://www.drf.com/news/pace-ace-add...t-performances
VERY ANNOYED. People work hard to know more. To the people who are lazy, I want them to lose lose lose lose and lose. Any more info that helps the lazy, annoys me.

I hope their pace designations are like Beyer Figures, wrong many times.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2016, 07:17 PM   #5
Rollingpk3

dont like how the field size is no longer on the far right, but now to the left. im a creature of habit
Rollingpk3 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2016, 07:29 PM   #6
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
VERY ANNOYED. People work hard to know more. To the people who are lazy, I want them to lose lose lose lose and lose. Any more info that helps the lazy, annoys me.

End4me, I wanted to ask you a question, pertaining to something you said on another thread. I believe you indicated that you were betting parlays, something I've always been interested in. Do you bet two horse parlays, round robins? I'd love to know. I used to do research on parlay betting and I liked what I found.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2016, 07:41 PM   #7
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:

Well, if Super Fast, Fast, Slow, and Super Slow are the only pace designations, then I wouldn't be too concerned about lazy and/or uninformed players all of sudden being "informed" or more intelligent on how to play races.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2016, 07:58 PM   #8
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
End4me, I wanted to ask you a question, pertaining to something you said on another thread. I believe you indicated that you were betting parlays, something I've always been interested in. Do you bet two horse parlays, round robins? I'd love to know. I used to do research on parlay betting and I liked what I found.
Hey Pandy, Yes, I love round robins that are weighted.

Just like in the pick 4/5/6, you don't want to caveman as you are liking each race the same, it is my opinion that you should weigh out your opinions.

If you're gut says I'm pushing it with a certain race, then leave the race out, play a parlay with the remaining races for $60 bucks and then play a second ticket with the extra race added in for $10 or $20.

But I like to round robin the races I really love. That way if I am right, I cash 3, 4 , 5 ,6 times. Problem is, it's hard to find 6 races you like on the same card. I sometimes parlay to other tracks but hate doing that because their pools are small.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:59 PM   #9
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker
Well, if Super Fast, Fast, Slow, and Super Slow are the only pace designations, then I wouldn't be too concerned about lazy and/or uninformed players all of sudden being "informed" or more intelligent on how to play races.
True. I was thinking of the 23 47 on the inner that looks slow but really was fast for that day. Those types of things.

What next, DRF will add TFUS pace figures into their numbers?
Old 03-03-2016, 08:08 PM   #10
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
True. I was thinking of the 23 47 on the inner that looks slow but really was fast for that day. Those types of things.

What next, DRF will add TFUS pace figures into their numbers?
I've taken a couple of surveys from them, and I have little doubt that they are looking to incorporate more and/or different speed numbers other than Beyers.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2016, 09:06 PM   #11
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:

On behalf of lazy handicappers everywhere....I can honestly say we (the "Royal" we)...are hurt, insulted, and highly offended by your callous remarks.

Matter of fact....all kidding aside, I was just thinking about starting a thread on ways board cappers determine "pace pressure" which, as you know, is simply a function of the broader "race shape".

Looks like DRF --already late to the party-- are making inroads in that area--since the pesky TIMEFORM folks are already there.

Bris has their "+" and "-" pace fig notations--which work out fine, if one uses them. It's those damn lazy handicappers that ignore them completely
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2016, 09:13 PM   #12
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
On behalf of lazy handicappers everywhere....I can honestly say we (the "Royal" we)...are hurt, insulted, and highly offended by your callous remarks.

Matter of fact....all kidding aside, I was just thinking about starting a thread on ways board cappers determine "pace pressure" which, as you know, is simply a function of the broader "race shape".

Looks like DRF --already late to the party-- are making inroads in that area--since the pesky TIMEFORM folks are already there.

Bris has their "+" and "-" pace fig notations--which work out fine, if one uses them. It's those damn lazy handicappers that ignore them completely

I was talking about the joe schmo who never watches a replay, has no idea what a speed figure or performance figure is and who looks at a form for 5 minutes before making a wager. The type of person that fills the 1st floor grandstand at AQU.

Not us (PA nation) PAL!
Old 03-03-2016, 11:44 PM   #13
FrankieFigs
The 19th Hole

Quote:
I was talking about the joe schmo who never watches a replay, has no idea what a speed figure or performance figure is and who looks at a form for 5 minutes before making a wager. The type of person that fills the 1st floor grandstand at AQU.

Not us (PA nation) PAL!
You've been to the track enough to know that those folks only use the track program, scratch sheet or their favorite numbers. They ain't buying no Form....
Old 03-04-2016, 12:38 AM   #14
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingpk3
dont like how the field size is no longer on the far right, but now to the left. im a creature of habit
I'm guessing 8/10 means the 8 post in a 10 horse field?
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2016, 12:42 AM   #15
ultracapper

So I'm looking at a horse right now that went 21.3 44.4 and it has the "Very Slow" designation.

I'm not sure I'm getting this entirely. I'll have to look at replays of those races that have designations to see what they mean visually.

I don't think this is going to make the "lazy" any more dangerous to EMD4Me's bankroll.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply