Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 09-09-2017, 06:39 PM   #256
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
If people like this kind of information, perhaps resources will be put into enhancing the product and it will evolve and improve over time just like Beyer figures and other DRF products.
Great news!

The DRF has made great strides in recent years, and, at only $11 a copy...it might be the best bargain left in the game.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:31 PM   #257
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

I'd like to use the same nomenclature and definitions when discussing DRF's new symbols....so...is the best practice to use: ?

C and C+
S and S+

Please fill in the rest:

C....= Races in which_____________.
C+...= Races in which____________.

S...= Races in which______________.
S+... Races in which______________.

Also, I'd like to compare and contrast these non-numeric symbols and what they mean with BRIS Race Shape Figures
http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/stati...raceshapes_lib

CJ, (or anyone else) could you be so kind as indulge to my curiosity and start us off....?

If one was to assign positive numbers to the S's and negative numbers to the C's, what range of numbers are comparable with BRIS...?

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 09-12-2017 at 09:42 PM.
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2017, 10:06 PM   #258
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
I agree that the early position of the 1-2-3 finishers and where the 1-2-3 early horses finished would be useful information as stand alone metrics. That's kind of how the chart analysis works, but there are different standards based on field size and for different symbols.

I should add that there is already a list of potential improvements to the quality and amount of information available. Among them are an archive for research, having the components broken down, and having some races/horses flagged.
Any possibility of getting a turn-time numeric rating and final 1/8th or quarter numeric rating...for each race line...?
Old 09-12-2017, 11:41 PM   #259
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
I'd like to use the same nomenclature and definitions when discussing DRF's new symbols....so...is the best practice to use: ?

C and C+
S and S+

Please fill in the rest:

Also, I'd like to compare and contrast these non-numeric symbols and what they mean with BRIS Race Shape Figures

CJ, (or anyone else) could you be so kind as indulge to my curiosity and start us off....?

If one was to assign positive numbers to the S's and negative numbers to the C's, what range of numbers are comparable with BRIS...?
I'm the wrong guy to ask. I have never used BRIS much at all, and would even say the lack of trust in their pace figures is what sent me to doing my own. I also don't know much about the DRF pace indicators.

That said, if you have any questions about TimeformUS, I'm your man!
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2017, 12:48 AM   #260
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:

C and C+
S and S+

Please fill in the rest:

http://www.drf.com/news/drf-race-sha...sked-questions

http://video.drf.com/detail/videos/h...4868462766001/
Kenny Peck Designer of Race Shapes Video

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 09-13-2017 at 12:53 AM.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:20 AM   #261
classhandicapper

Quote:
Any possibility of getting a turn-time numeric rating and final 1/8th or quarter numeric rating...for each race line...?
Timeform has some good "Late Ratings" and I believe you can calculate a turn time rating using the pace figures.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:23 AM   #262
classhandicapper

Quote:

C and C+
S and S+

Please fill in the rest:

There is no formal way of referring to the symbols. I use C and C+ and S and S+ because it's easier than saying unbolded and bolded.

I know nothing about any BRIS products.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:04 PM   #263
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
There is no formal way of referring to the symbols. I use C and C+ and S and S+ because it's easier than saying unbolded and bolded.

I know nothing about any BRIS products.
Odd that they use the bolded, unbolded symbols...these are naturally confusing...and impossible to reference in normal keystrokes...they would be better off using E, E+ and C, C+...for Early and Closers but I guess that takes 2 spaces instead of 1...another example of how their page formatting limits their innovation....one ought not be constrained in this fashion. They can't expect to remain competitive if their page formatting does not allow expansion....but I suppose it involves the printing aspects as well and retooling costs, huh....? And even better if they used a number, plus or minus, as BRIS does, then the intensity could be properly evaluated...instead of just moderate or extreme...no?

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 09-13-2017 at 01:19 PM.